Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stopped by my local dealer to get a look at Area 51 in person. More on that in a second. The lot had 4 Bronco Sports and every one of them had moisture inside the headlight lens. I checked the F150's and Mustangs nearby, they were all dry. Not picking on Ford but this may be an example of first year quirks. Heres hoping this stays with the sport. I was disappointed to see that.
As as far as the Area 51 color, for me it did not disappoint and was exactly what I was hoping for. It is a very shifty color given the light condition. The few minutes I was there the clouds broke and in bright sun the color lighten up a ton. For my liking it does not fit the sport but should be appropriate on the big brother. I still have my light blue FJ40 so that color holds a soft spot with me.

Ford Bronco Moisture in the headlights and more Area 51 in person 20210103_125524

Ford Bronco Moisture in the headlights and more Area 51 in person 20210103_125535

Ford Bronco Moisture in the headlights and more Area 51 in person 20210103_125756

Ford Bronco Moisture in the headlights and more Area 51 in person 20210103_130029

Ford Bronco Moisture in the headlights and more Area 51 in person 20210103_125636
Sponsored

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Color looks good. Still might do it over Carbonized Gray, maybe.
Sucks about the headlamps. Hope Bronco proper doesn't share the same fate. Is the moisture you are referring to on the inner portion of the lamp toward the lettering on the grille?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I swang by my local dealer to get a look at Area 51 in person. More on that in a second. The lot had 4 Bronco Sports and every one of them had moisture inside the headlight lens. I checked the F150's and Mustangs nearby, they were all dry. Not picking on Ford but this may be an example of first year quirks. Heres hoping this stays with the sport. I was disappointed to see that.

Ford Bronco Moisture in the headlights and more Area 51 in person 20210103_125636
Where is the moisture in the pics?
There you go.

OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Color looks good. Still might do it over Carbonized Gray, maybe.
Sucks about the headlamps. Hope Bronco proper doesn't share the same fate. Is the moisture you are referring to on the inner portion of the lamp toward the lettering on the grille?
Yes the inner part of the lamp. Every example there had the exact same amount of moisture on both lamps.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes the inner part of the lamp. Every example there had the exact same amount of moisture on both lamps.
That appears be a non sealed outer cosmetic lens cover with condensation on the inside.

Look and you can see the actual light assembly's are behind that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That appears be a non sealed outer cosmetic lens cover with condensation on the inside.

Look and you can see the actual light assembly's are behind that.
Maybe so but why would you want to allow moisture to gather there? This is the same lens that covers the headlamp. This truck is days old and look like this. If water can get in so can dirt. I suspect this is a non serviceable component so what will it look like in 18 months of use?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought I read somewhere that LEDs do get warm. I wonder if Ford is counting on these getting fired or d due to that. And if there wasn't a hole or outside sure somehow then it would get too hot and fail?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe so but why would you want to allow moisture to gather there? This is the same lens that covers the headlamp. This truck is days old and look like this. If water can get in so can dirt. I suspect this is a non serviceable component so what will it look like in 18 months of use?
All true, not a great design, needs more air vents nearby for better air flow. For now, what air flow there is along with engine heat will dry it up one you have driven a bit. That's the nature of a large surface area, temperature differential and humidity, condensation will form.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Humid outside, moisture vapor diffuses in. Gets colder, vapor condenses. Lights turn on, moisture evaporates. Not an issue with water tightness but making lights vapor tight is unrealistic. Not a real issue.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I see the more I feel like waiting a year or two to pick up a Bronco. Let the issues get ironed out.

To people trying to justify that, it’s not normal. I would be unhappy with that on a new vehicle.

OP
OP
Bodge Garage

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why you ALWAYS top off your blinker fluid! Jeez, is it so hard to properly maintain your vehicles?
And I didn't even climb underneath to look at the muffler bearings either.
Sponsored