Sponsored

Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner - A few important questions!

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the details. Does it also help with reflecting the heat out or just for sound dampening?
Sponsored

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, that's good to know. Being hollow will help reduce heat transfer.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All of our Hothead Headliners come with a Radiant Barrier layer that does help with reflecting heat out, in addition to the sound damping properties.

-Mark

I, for one, am looking forward to buying from Hothead just because they know the difference between "damp" and "dampen" and which to use in this context. Nobody really needs to make their sound wetter.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am NOT going to pay $500 for what is basically 40 sqft (2 door) of 1/4" felt liner you can get at JoAnne's Fabrics for $45, I will wait for HotHead Liners to get their product out, it will be far superior.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am NOT going to pay $500 for what is basically 40 sqft (2 door) of 1/4" felt liner you can get at JoAnne's Fabrics for $45, I will wait for HotHead Liners to get their product out, it will be far superior.
From over 20 years experience in dealing with this type of material in the auto industry it is more like a dynamat product with a felt appearance for aesthetic purpose . Not exactly the same but for an OEM solution combining light weight and appearance it does its job very well .

This forum and how everyone gets worked up over pure "speculation" of what a picture of something is really is good for a laugh or two , lol . At least Ford is giving people the option of not buying it and going with an aftermarket stick on solution . I give them props for putting all of these pre-production pics out there in the first place .

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From over 20 years experience in dealing with this type of material in the auto industry it is more like a dynamat product with a felt appearance for aesthetic purpose . Not exactly the same but for an OEM solution combining light weight and appearance it does its job very well .

This forum and how everyone gets worked up over pure "speculation" of what a picture of something is really is good for a laugh or two , lol . At least Ford is giving people the option of not buying it and going with an aftermarket stick on solution . I give them props for putting all of these pre-production pics out there in the first place .
Well, the one poster with hands on with this materal stated it was also 'stick-on', and I wasn't commenting so much on the properties of the material as I was on the pricing, $11 a square foot on the 2-door is pretty dang expensive.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the one poster with hands on with this materal stated it was also 'stick-on', and I wasn't commenting so much on the properties of the material as I was on the pricing, $11 a square foot on the 2-door is pretty dang expensive. And I have installed both Danamat and Fatmat products, and the Ford product is not a thermal barrier, but acoustic, as stated in the nomenclature.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, the one poster with hands on with this materal stated it was also 'stick-on', and I wasn't commenting so much on the properties of the material as I was on the pricing, $11 a square foot on the 2-door is pretty dang expensive.
Thats on sale... its $15 .. I redid my XJ, got my material at 50% off and it still cost me like $50. Plus you have to buy the special headliner 3M spray at $20 per can.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats on sale... its $15 .. I redid my XJ, got my material at 50% off and it still cost me like $50. Plus you have to buy the special headliner 3M spray at $20 per can.
HA!, my wife doesn't purchase anything that isn't on sale!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

HA!, my wife doesn't purchase anything that isn't on sale!
Funny... cuz my wife purchases everything because it IS on sale.. but honey, it was 30% off :)
Sponsored