Sponsored

Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer?

Dude Lar

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im starting to get sold on the trektop. The slant back is just really throwing me off, though.

I really didn't like it at first. I thought it was ugly and waste of extra cargo space.

I do have to say it has grown on my a lot. It reminds me of the older gen models with the slantback of those hard tops. They really have the perfect angle to compliment the body.

You won't regret it.
Sponsored

Mcurtis137

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a Braptor so there isn’t (for the purpose of this discussion) a soft top option yet. I only fully remove the top if/when there is no rain on the forecast for at least 7 days.

That said, the Bronco looks cool as hell with zero top on it, and you very rarely see that. It almost looks like it’s been heavily customized.

Reactions: Fly
OP
OP

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Braptor so there isn’t (for the purpose of this discussion) a soft top option yet. I only fully remove the top if/when there is no rain on the forecast for at least 7 days.

That said, the Bronco looks cool as hell with zero top on it, and you very rarely see that. It almost looks like it’s been heavily customized.
This is why I want a ford oem soft top - I absolutely love the look of it folded all the way back with the windows out. Seems like the easiest to operate as well.

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands, '06 F150 FX4, '95 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The top will probably never come off, it will sit outside all of its life.

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I bought a new Trektop in the classifieds for 40% off retail. Plan to run hardtop off with a canvas shade/Bimini and if I don’t like that I’ll throw the Bestop on.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Plan is to go topless all summer. Storage will be up in the air dangling from a hoist. I’ve got halo (doughnut) doors so those will be swapped out for the summer as well.

As for weather, I check the forecast every day and if the chance of rain is above 30 or 40 percent, I just drive my trail rig (Samurai) to work that day and leave the Bronco in the garage. Where I live, summer rain storms almost always happen in the late afternoon and I’m usually home by then anyway.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
my plan is to use the AC. probably never take the top off.

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BlackDiamond SAS 4DR HT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in a similar spot, I don't want to remove/install the hard top every day, and it gets very hot in NC during the summer, but I also don't want to drop a few grand for a soft top yet.

I don't have a covered garage space and tactical vinyl seats get very hot in the sun so will need something to keep from getting burned, and I question if these vinyl seats will fade/wear more in direct sun light.

I question if seat covers or overall bronco cover is the way to go?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just take the drivers side off whenever I'm driving and the weather allows it. I'll take the passenger side off if my wife wants it and shes with me, but I drive my car alone 80-90% of the time.

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes I have the Sunrider. It is noisy at highway speed. No quality issues whatsoever. The black doesn't bother me at all.
Since you have a Sunrider I have a few questions also. Can the hard panels be installed over the sunrider, or can the sunrider be easily removed to switch back to the hard panels for the winter months? I like the idea of the sunrider for warm months and hard panels for cold months.
thank you,

Sponsored

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll roll the windows down or maybe remove the front panels from time to time. I doubt the whole thing will ever come off.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you have a Sunrider I have a few questions also. Can the hard panels be installed over the sunrider, or can the sunrider be easily removed to switch back to the hard panels for the winter months? I like the idea of the sunrider for warm months and hard panels for cold months.
thank you,
No the panels cannot be installed over the Sunrider. It would take 2 people probably 10-15 minutes to remove the Sunrider and install the 2 front panels. Pretty sure it's only 6 bolts to swap it over.

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No the panels cannot be installed over the Sunrider. It would take 2 people probably 10-15 minutes to remove the Sunrider and install the 2 front panels. Pretty sure it's only 6 bolts to swap it over.
ok, thanks for the info. I think I'll go with the sunrider and possibly just swap it back n forth once a year. I'm concerned about the extra noise but it might not be an issue.
thx

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok, thanks for the info. I think I'll go with the sunrider and possibly just swap it back n forth once a year. I'm concerned about the extra noise but it might not be an issue.
thx
Highway speed it's a bit noisy. Plus the Bronco being in the shape of a brick doesn't help either.
Sponsored