First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great job. I’ve planned something similar in my head, but keep going between down-firing and the MTI Acoustics, Stinger, or other tailgate-mounted sub.

I like your idea of hinging the enclosure on the seat side so it can be raised to access the jack and storage area underneath the floor.

Seems like one might have enough ft3 of space to go slot ported with that 12” with the amount of storage space you have left in this design. That’s the same sub I would use in either a down-firing or tailgate build. Or maybe two 10w3 subs and save .25” of height?

Car audio’s fun!

Again, nice work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
margareedaville

margareedaville

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great job. I’ve planned something similar in my head, but keep going between down-firing and the MTI Acoustics, Stinger, or other tailgate-mounted sub.

I like your idea of hinging the enclosure on the seat side so it can be raised to access the jack and storage area underneath the floor.

Seems like one might have enough ft3 of space to go slot ported with that 12” with the amount of storage space you have left in this design. That’s the same sub I would use in either a down-firing or tailgate build. Or maybe two 10w3 subs and save .25” of height?

Car audio’s fun!

Again, nice work.
Thank you! I seriously considered the 13.5" (2 5/8" depth) to save almost an inch in height but wasn't sure if the amp would be properly paired, but now I'm convinced it would have been hella awesome with that amp. Doing this would give me more clearance for the speaker on the down fire.

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! I seriously considered the 13.5" (2 5/8" depth) to save almost an inch in height but wasn't sure if the amp would be properly paired, but now I'm convinced it would have been hella awesome with that amp. Doing this would give me more clearance for the speaker on the down fire.
Seems most people like the sound of the TW3 more than the TW5 with the same power, so I think you made the right call.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At first look I was like “those are strange ports” but at further inspection I see that they aren’t ports but cubbies of a sort and the box is a sealed box between them. Wonder if you could find bins that would fit in them for storage purposes. Nice build. I have a 12Tw3 awaiting me to continue my build, been dragging my ass and busy with work, excuses I know. Plan on fiberglassing it in the stock location but now figured I should have went with a 10tw3 for space purposes. Cause I’ll have to alter the panel to fit the 12. Or I can wait and get the jl Stealthbox that is coming soon according to JL. Decisions decisions. It would have been a slammed dunk 17 years ago when I still worked at a shop but that was then.

OP
OP
margareedaville

margareedaville

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At first look I was like “those are strange ports” but at further inspection I see that they aren’t ports but cubbies of a sort and the box is a sealed box between them. Wonder if you could find bins that would fit in them for storage purposes. Nice build. I have a 12Tw3 awaiting me to continue my build, been dragging my ass and busy with work, excuses I know. Plan on fiberglassing it in the stock location but now figured I should have went with a 10tw3 for space purposes. Cause I’ll have to alter the panel to fit the 12. Or I can wait and get the jl Stealthbox that is coming soon according to JL. Decisions decisions. It would have been a slammed dunk 17 years ago when I still worked at a shop but that was then.
Interesting idea about the bins. I may just dovetail a couple together and use the rest of the carpet I have. Drill finger slots to pull out maybe. I honestly think the 10" would have been just as good, but damn the more I throw at it, the more I giggle with that 12... at 46 years old. I'm curious to see how that stealth box will look tho.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is awesome, and also looks like it gives you the flat floor when the seats are folded. That said all these comments on "terrible" audio system, what are you comparing it to? Of the new vehicles I've purchased since 2004 - 2012 (two Toyotas and a Mazda), my lowly Base Bronco sounds better than all. Most overdo the base which is downright awful. I admit I'm not into brutal ear blowing volume levels or rattling windows for blocks. I get it that some want a higher grade system, but its certainly on par with other base model vehicles.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
looks like i have a new project
great looking box, any pictures with the seats folded

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did you use 13ply Russian Baltic birch or 6ply birch?

Sponsored

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks great! I was informed that even though the 13.5 is bigger in diameter it has less xmax and doesn't sound as good. What part of Texas are you in? I would love to hear it!

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great build- clever design using the sub box to level the floor with the seats folded down. Great sounding music makes every trip better!

BigBaseJake

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How about making a custom molded ABS box that fits in this storage bin area. So you can keep the floor looking stock.

Ford Bronco Hardest hitting subwoofer enclosure I’ve ever made (w/ design image and cut list) Screenshot 2023-01-25 100522
I 2nd this.
Sponsored