Sponsored

Have we confirmed that MGV has heated seats?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This was touched on in a couple threads, but it was never fully resolved.

A couple items for consideration:

-The literature is saying we get heated seats mid pack and up
-B&P shows that a badlands mid pack and up is silent on heated seats when selecting Marine Grade Vinyl. But could be a bug.
-Marine Grade vinyl doesnt have powered seats, given washout function and the electronics. So it begs the question if the seats are also not heated for similar reasons, and B&P is accurate. So even if you have mid pack and up, when you switch to MGV are heated seats 'deleted out'
-The Badlands overland photos show heated seat controls, and that has MGV and lux package. But its also a pre-production, so who knows for sure if the control module is the appropriate module.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B&P says "Front Row Heated Seats" in the mid package for Badlands. No asterisk. It says it plainly right there. No reason to think it is not correct, and the one in the wild has them.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess B&P is not intuitive enough. The leather seat description shows heated seats, and for the marine grade vinyl seats its silent on heated seats. But thats only because the Badlands doesnt come standard with the mid pack, and B&P is not intuitive enough to change the language on the seat options when you change to mid pack and up. So they covered themselves in the mid-pack detail description to describe heated seats. lol. What a basic configurator...

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I guess B&P is not intuitive enough. The leather seat description shows heated seats, and for the marine grade vinyl seats its silent on heated seats. But thats only because the Badlands doesnt come standard with the mid pack, and B&P is not intuitive enough to change the language on the seat options when you change to mid pack and up. So they covered themselves in the mid-pack detail description to describe heated seats. lol. What a basic configurator...
I was confused on the same thing as well. I think technically you can still get MGV seats without heated seats if you dont opt for mid package or higher, which is why they excluded it from the description versus the leather seat option.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be nice for a 100% confirmed answer on it.
I can assume it will have them, as BL is a MGV model, and Mid has the heated seats, and you can add mid to it. But it is implied and not expressed outright.
I don't care about or need/want many of the creature comforts/electronic doo-dads but absolutely am going BL with the MGV and the only one I really care about is heated seats.
In NC when it gets cold in winter, it gets cold and loves damp misery. A sore back sure does love some heated seats on those 4:30 AM drives to work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...makes you wonder why leather is $2,200 over MGV. Maybe leather gets you heated seats on the badlands even if you dont choose mid pack. And that's why the B&P explicitly has heated seats in the leather description regardless of what trim you select....just like MGV doesnt say anything about heated seats because it is dependent on what trim you select, the 2,200 leather option with heated seats is not dependent on what trim you select....So if you do get mid-pack and up, maybe you're slightly overpaying for heated leather. Anyway, just a theory. I dont care.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be nice for a 100% confirmed answer on it.
I can assume it will have them, as BL is a MGV model, and Mid has the heated seats, and you can add mid to it. But it is implied and not expressed outright.
I don't care about or need/want many of the creature comforts/electronic doo-dads but absolutely am going BL with the MGV and the only one I really care about is heated seats.
In NC when it gets cold in winter, it gets cold and loves damp misery. A sore back sure does love some heated seats on those 4:30 AM drives to work.
I don't think it's implied, I think it is expressed outright....as it says right there in the package you add "Front Row Heated Seats". That's not implied. That's directly stated. I guess by that logic you could say that all 15 options in the mid-package are only implied, as they are only stated as included once...but that makes no sense.

It reads unambiguously that heated seats are included with mid package, with no asterisk or conditions.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it's implied, I think it is expressed outright....as it says right there in the package you add "Front Row Heated Seats". That's not implied. That's directly stated. I guess by that logic you could say that all 15 options in the mid-package are only implied, as they are only stated as included once...but that makes no sense.

It reads unambiguously that heated seats are included with mid package, with no asterisk or conditions.
Yes sir. I understand and agree 100%.
I guess I'm just a bit skittish as some options that were stated as available are currently not due to changes recently (not even going to get into complaining about it as we need positivity in this group). I'd hate to see the heated seat deal axed from the BL as a revision, pretending it was never there. Just like I'd love to have a rack with a 4 dr Squatch v6....but after market will work too for that.
It's a bit more difficult and $ to add heated seats after the fact, and I love me some MGV.
SO yeah, not arguing or denying what you said, as you are pretty much on-point with things you say here...just more hopeful thinking than anything else that it all survives the revisions and modifications to stuff available in any certain config.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

to be honest I thought the same thing only because of all the other screwball stuff the B&P was doing, the heated MGV seats with Mid package in BL was a mandatory option for me.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopefully we can have heated seats with MGV. I want a Black Diamond with mid package which should include heated front seats.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FYI - looks like i was able to confirm lumbar on the driver side. So lumbar driver side, plus 6 way manual on both front seats, and heated with mid package. All in, seems like not that big of a sacrifice over leather, especially given power seats dont have memory anyway. See the other thread page 17 leather vs MGV.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI - looks like i was able to confirm lumbar on the driver side. So lumbar driver side, plus 6 way manual on both front seats, and heated with mid package. All in, seems like not that big of a sacrifice over leather, especially given power seats dont have memory anyway. See the other thread page 17 leather vs MGV.
Might I ask how you were able to confirm lumbar? I thought I saw another thread about F-150 manual seats not having lumbar adjustable. Having a crap lower back, lumbar is enough for me to change to power seats in whatever config it takes.

Thanks

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Might I ask how you were able to confirm lumbar? I thought I saw another thread about F-150 manual seats not having lumbar adjustable. Having a crap lower back, lumbar is enough for me to change to power seats in whatever config it takes.

Thanks
Take a look at that thread, page 17. We have photos of the lumbar dial in multiple photos on the drivers seat. I posted some Ranger forum info too. They have the same setup. Ranger guys were confused/surprised, since Ford still calls it 6 way, but it's really way plus lumbar for the driver.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully we can have heated seats with MGV. I want a Black Diamond with mid package which should include heated front seats.
i hope so too, Benz, Bmw etc. all offer the heated option on non leather seat upgrades, so i would be surprised if Ford doesn't include it with the mid-or they should have noted it- In Mi, that option is a must for my wife to approve on this vehicle

KCRazorback

Wildtrak
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take a look at that thread, page 17. We have photos of the lumbar dial in multiple photos on the drivers seat. I posted some Ranger forum info too. They have the same setup. Ranger guys were confused/surprised, since Ford still calls it 6 way, but it's really way plus lumbar for the driver.
Can anyone that has been lucky enough to sit in a Bronco concept or even a Ranger comment on the seat bottom height / length? I am tall and would prefer to stick with the manual MGV seats but usually need to tilt the seat bottom all the way back in most vehicles to get any support under my legs. I would hate to lose the MGV / washout (and the $) just for this reason.
Sponsored