Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello,

I drove a demo yesterday here in KC and it was 110 degree heat index, crazy high humidity. The A/C was awesome, but the MGV seats were hot. I am looking for opinions for those of you who have them. In normal temps, how warm are they? I have had many different seats variations in my life. I know leather/vinyl tend to be warmer in the summer. I just found these to be uncomfortable, temp wise, during my 40 minute test drive. I am a big guy who runs hot, but these were warmer than I expected. The rig was in the shade when I arrived with the windows down and front roof panels off. It was a 2 door. I quickly stopped and put the roof back together as I wanted to listen for road noise.

I like the look and feel of the MGV seats, but have my trepidation on these seats.
Sponsored

Last edited:

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have them but I've thought about this. If they get too hot during the summer, I'm just gonna get some seat covers. Probably similar to the carhartt tan ones I had in my truck. I'm not too picky about looks as much as functionality and comfort.

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello,

I drove a demo yesterday here in KC and it was 110 degree heat index, crazy high humidity. The A/C was awesome, but the MGV seats were hot. I am looking for opinions for those of you who have them. In normal temps, how warm are they? I have had many different seats variations in my life. I know leather/vinyl tend to be warmer in the summer. I just found these to be uncomfortable, temp wise, during my 40 minute test drive. I am a big guy who runs hot, but these were warmer that I expected. The rig was in the shade when I arrived with the windows down and front roof panels off. It was a 2 door. I quickly stopped and put the roof back together as I wanted to listen for road noise.

I like the look and feel of the MGV seats, but have my trepidation on these seats.
Where in KC was the Bronco? I am down in Pittsburg (I know you've heard of it, lol) and I was really wanting to see the MGV as well as the rubberized flooring to finally decide between the BB and BD. My thoughts with the MGV and rubber flooring all comes down to my dog as it would be nice to not have fur all over the passenger seat but then again the $3000 price difference seems too high when good seat covers might do the trick.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to test drive a Badlands a couple weeks ago and didn't find it hot at all, it was 106 out at the time. The AC works very well (which was one of my concerns) and if you just pre-cool it you should have no problems. Also tinting the windows and windshield with ceramic tint will reduce the heat inside the vehicle.

110 is about our average summer temps here and I just use a cheap seat cover for my drivers seat which are leather. I would rather have the MGV than the cloth seats which are going to hold in so much dust and dirt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
72F262

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where in KC was the Bronco? I am down in Pittsburg (I know you've heard of it, lol) and I was really wanting to see the MGV as well as the rubberized flooring to finally decide between the BB and BD. My thoughts with the MGV and rubber flooring all comes down to my dog as it would be nice to not have fur all over the passenger seat but then again the $3000 price difference seems too high when good seat covers might do the trick.
Olathe Ford. Victory Ford also has one. Olathe has an online appt. system to schedule a test drive. I told them I had one on order already, not there. They left me alone and let me drive it by myself.

https://www.olatheford.com/schedule-a-test-drive.htm

Details from the Regional forums:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mo-kan-any-dealers-with-a-mannequin.18508/

atlbrvefn

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've gotten conditioned to auto start my truck as early as I can before I get in. Once I walk out of the grocery store, start it. Through my office window when it's time to go home, start it.

OP
OP
72F262

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was able to test drive a Badlands a couple weeks ago and didn't find it hot at all, it was 106 out at the time. The AC works very well (which was one of my concerns) and if you just pre-cool it you should have no problems. Also tinting the windows and windshield with ceramic tint will reduce the heat inside the vehicle.

110 is about our average summer temps here and I just use a cheap seat cover for my drivers seat which are leather. I would rather have the MGV than the cloth seats which are going to hold in so much dust and dirt.
It's a dry heat, right.....

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The MGV is cooler than leather, based off getting in my Bronco vs Getting in wife's Explorer with Leather seats. If you leave the top off in the sun they get pretty warm, but outside of the extremely hot couple of days we have had this week it's not been bad.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a dry heat, right.....
Most of the time it is. But when your truck is sitting outside at work all day in 110+ temps it really doesn't matter, it's hot!

We do have monsoon season (July - mid September) where the humidity rises and we get a lot of summer storms. I was very pleased on how well the AC was especially with the two outside vents being recessed in for the grab handles. I think it all depends on what you're going to use your Bronco for? If you're going to be off road often I would want the MGV for the ease of cleaning.

Sponsored

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Midwest Badlands owner with MGV. I do not find them uncomfortably hot. Peak temp this summer has been 93ish so not nearly as warm where you are at. I would say they are comparable to leather. When the top is open and the sun is shining they get hot, not going to get around that unless you do a light colored seat cover.

In general driving when it is hot I don't find them uncomfortable or hot.

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, that's kinda the deal, isn't it? I've never sat on a non cloth seat that DIDN'T get hot. Get a seat cover. #firstworldproblems

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was a little red light glowing down by the AC controls?

My Ranger has the same Climate control panel for the most part and my passengers often accidentally turn on the seat warmer.

I drive a blacked out Ranger with a black leather interior in Phoenix and my seats don’t get uncomfortably hot. They stay cool, actually. Very comfortable ride. I haven’t had a chance to drive a Bronco with vinyl yet, but the black leather interior of the Wildtrak I have driven was very comfortable.

Still, I’ve seen a few people say the vinyl is hot.. slightly worrying as 125+ Degrees is common here.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

I drove a demo yesterday here in KC and it was 110 degree heat index, crazy high humidity. The A/C was awesome, but the MGV seats were hot. I am looking for opinions for those of you who have them. In normal temps, how warm are they? I have had many different seats variations in my life. I know leather/vinyl tend to be warmer in the summer. I just found these to be uncomfortable, temp wise, during my 40 minute test drive. I am a big guy who runs hot, but these were warmer than I expected. The rig was in the shade when I arrived with the windows down and front roof panels off. It was a 2 door. I quickly stopped and put the roof back together as I wanted to listen for road noise.

Any chance it had heated seats and they were left on by a previous test drive?

OP
OP
72F262

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any chance it had heated seats and they were left on by a previous test drive?
Nope. I am going to chalk it up to my normal 'large frame' issue in the heat. I do miss my cooled seats from my Taurus.
Sponsored