Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MGV is cooler than leather, based off getting in my Bronco vs Getting in wife's Explorer with Leather seats. If you leave the top off in the sun they get pretty warm, but outside of the extremely hot couple of days we have had this week it's not been bad.
Totally agree with this… cooler than leather. We haven’t had any heat quite that hot in PA, but today it’s in the high 90’s with high humidity and the seats didn’t seem abnormally hot or anything. Granted, I have a hard top on my Bronco and it is tinted (which also helps a bit).

hotrodjohn

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 1975 Bronco Ranger, 1975 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Black Diamond has them and I live in Texas. It has been in upper 90s since I got mine and I haven't noticed them being hot. I have not found them uncomfortable at all even on longer drives.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just stay indoors, usually having your windows tinted will excessively save you from 3rd degree seat burns 🤪

Sponsored

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was a little red light glowing down by the AC controls?

My Ranger has the same Climate control panel for the most part and my passengers often accidentally turn on the seat warmer.

I drive a blacked out Ranger with a black leather interior in Phoenix and my seats don’t get uncomfortably hot. They stay cool, actually. Very comfortable ride. I haven’t had a chance to drive a Bronco with vinyl yet, but the black leather interior of the Wildtrak I have driven was very comfortable.

Still, I’ve seen a few people say the vinyl is hot.. slightly worrying as 125+ Degrees is common here.
Good point. I have also noticed mine stay on the last setting between key cycles which will be nice in the winter but has led to a toasty bottom on the morning after a cool evening with the top open.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I drove a FE vleather and badlands MGV at off rodeo. Soft tops down. They both get hot AF in the sun and shade. Don't see this as a reason to choose one over the other. I did not care for the MGV material in general, preferred the vleather.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the South. Black leather/vinyl is going to be hot.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have MGV and they do get hot, not sure leather would be much cooler, and I think they will hold up better than leather. Dog jumped in the bronco and it cleaned up really easily.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I appreciate the post. I’m also a big guy that runs hot. In the summer I often leave the top down in my Jeep for prolonged periods of time. I currently have cloth seats and don’t have any issues with the seats being uncomfortably hot. My 2nd vehicle has leather an even without a removable top they get pretty hot in the summer.

While the allure of MGV is strong, I didn’t opt for it in my Bronco for the reasons above.
Sponsored