Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You don’t want to save up for lighting ala I AM LEGEND-esque?
I would literally only be adding the lights for the look. My wife would chastise me for not being practical, as she should lol

The only use case for the aux switches I've identified that would provide real value to me would be towards an aftermarket amp. That way I can control the fidelity of the sonics ?

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, but on the, Bronco Sport, it comes standard on OB, and Badlands, so hey pay $20k less for a baby Bronco, get a free heated steering wheel.
I’d rather perform a vasectomy on myself with a spoon than buy a Bronco Sport.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL that people in Arizona are complaining about heated steering wheels. I live in Montana and I have never driven a vehicle with a heated steering wheel.
Well, you drive a Chevy so.......

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am a native of cold winters.

Ford not offering a cold weather package is a major insult to its purchasers. Seriously. Ford HQ is in Michigan. this Bronco is designed and built by Northerners. The target market includes hunters, campers, hikers, not to mention normal folk.

Ford not offering a winter package except inside the super expensive trim plus package is the moral equivalent of price gouging for PPE in a pandemic, or for bottled water after a hurricane.

”It’s just business” is not an acceptable answer. Youre being a traitor to your people. It’s downright treason to put this out of reach in a northern climate.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It got down to the 50s here in Florida recently. You better believe I turned my heated seats and wheel on. :p
Don't you just love those days when you have to turn the heat on in the morning and crank up the A/C in yhe afternoon?

Yesterday it got up to 79 here, but the low was in the upper 30s. Plus, most of the places I camp are over 7000ft elevation and very cold.

Can you imagine someone in Michigan or Minnesota not wanting air-conditioning in their vehicle because it's really cold at their house half of the year???

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, I live in MT too, Great Falls. I don't even have a working heater in my truck, let alone a heated steering wheel ?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and presume that maybe, just maybe, that's why you are looking at a new truck. Heck, that RAM is 30 years old - the heater probably retired. Either that, or you're like a buddy of mine who wears shorts all year long. :LOL:

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is odd that a vehicle produced in Michigan doesn’t have some type of cold weather package like many newer vehicles have.

ford did such a good job with the bronco but has really let some details go by the wayside.
The whole B&P fiasco and letting it go for that long.
Carpet on the back of the rear seats in a washout interior.
Some of the color combos and color accents. Having colors tied to trims, regardless of exterior color.
you could go on and on.

I’m excited about the bronco, but having trouble getting what I want vs getting part of it from ford and part from after market later on.
This is exactly how I feel. I do have some gripes about what I can and cannot add to a Wrangler, but nothing like this. The Alpine vs B&O radio, Cold Weather Pkg (Heated Steering Wheel). It's one thing to be be disappointed I can't put a steel bumper on a Willys from the factory vs having to put aftermarket hacks in for a heated steering wheel and/or better sound system.

LOL that people in Arizona are complaining about heated steering wheels. I live in Montana and I have never driven a vehicle with a heated steering wheel.
It's like air conditioning was 40 years ago, power windows 30 years ago and heated seats 20 years ago. Not on every vehicle but those who had it loved it. My wife's car has the heated steering wheel and I turn it on when I'm driving if it's below 60 degrees outside.

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and presume that maybe, just maybe, that's why you are looking at a new truck. Heck, that RAM is 30 years old - the heater probably retired. Either that, or you're like a buddy of mine who wears shorts all year long. :LOL:
That is one of the reasons I'm looking at a new truck. I think the heater heard I was moving from Florida to Montana and your retirement theory is correct. Fortunately I'm only 5 minute from work right now. Ms. Piggy (my truck) has done well though. She got me from Florida to Montana through a massive snow storm in the Midwest last year and hasn't let this falls blizzards slow her down one bit.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is one of the reasons I'm looking at a new truck. I think the heater heard I was moving from Florida to Montana and your retirement theory is correct. Fortunately I'm only 5 minute from work right now. Ms. Piggy (my truck) has done well though. She got me from Florida to Montana through a massive snow storm in the Midwest last year and hasn't let this falls blizzards slow her down one bit.
I think you will find that heater along the road hitchhiking its way back to FL...probably jumped out around Nashville when it figured out what was happening...

kyfigfam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Boss 302 Mustang, M/T Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think you can even get the heated wheel on a Black Diamond. My daughter has a Sport-S Model Wrangler and she has heated seats and heated steering wheel. Both are super nice if you are going with the soft top for much of the year.

Stand alone option or part of the 360 Package? Pretty common option not to be offered outside of a $3k package.
Sponsored