archer87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought my Bronco in mid January and have been waiting to get my plates from the dealership since then. Today I was told that they are refusing the transfer the title because X Plan want more documentation from me/the dealership before paying out the X Plan side of it to the dealer.

To be clear:
- I’ve signed a purchase contract.
- Given them my trade in vehicle
- Taken the new Bronco and put 1100 miles on it.
- Seen the auto loan in my online banking and made the first payment.

I’ve sent them the proof of employment that they’ve demanded but I feel like they’re extorting me, refusing to transfer title on a vehicle which I’ve paid for. I’m also worried that they’ll continue dragging this out or even try to repossess the vehicle, or demand more money from me.

I want to bring this to the attention to Ford corporate. I called their hotline today and got a very weak response (they’re putting a complaint to the dealer GM)… does anybody have any contacts or advice on who to talk to at Ford?
Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like the dealer needs to get paid for giving you the x-plan. You helped yourself to the plan, I think you should give them what they need.

Sponsored

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Understand that the dealership is REQUIRED by Ford to obtain all A,Z,X or D Plan information BEFORE the sales contract is COMPLETED and signed, if they want to be reimbursed for selling at the Plan price. At this point, it is their problem. The contract is now consummated (yeah, like in marriage), as witnessed by the 1st month payment on the loan. You have nothing else to do. As far as you are concerned, there is no further action to perform for the dealership. (Tell them to go pound salt.) They sold you the vehicle at a good price you found acceptable; you have no idea what they are talking about with this "X Plan" stuff.

To get your DMV stuff done:
First - Contact (physically go to) the TX DMV and tell them the dealership has not complied with state filing regulations. Tell them you also want to file a formal complaint with the Enforcement Division. Let DMV know you can provide them a copy of the contract and your bank statement (only showing) where the loan funds have been withdrawn as proof of the transfer of ownership.

Next, Second - Contact Ford customer service again and tell them you want to file a complaint with the Ford Dealership Services Texas Area Manager. (You may have to call 3 or 4 times until someone will put you through to the other side.) Also ask for a refund of your DMV paperwork fees (not the registration fee) since they are past the regulatory deadline and you had to "effectuate the service". Don't hold your breath for that, but they will tell the dealership it was requested. Note, this is not the type of call that a dealer GM wants to get from Ford.

Next, Third - Call the loan company and tell them you want to stop payment on the loan because the dealership has not transferred title to you by the DMV deadline. Since title has not transferred, you do not legally own the vehicle, and are not liable for the payments. That is your position (but not intention because you don't want to f/u your credit). Ask them if they would contact the dealership general manager to get this fixed since they would not do it for you.

Then, Fourth - File a complaint with the TX Better Business Bureau.

After that is all done - Call the dealership general manager and tell the person you had to call the DMV Enforcement Division, Ford Dealership Services, and the loan company because your salesperson refused to file the DMV paperwork. You regret having to do it, but your salesperson left you no other choice, and would they (electronically) file paperwork that day. If it comes up, tell him you don't recall "an X-Plan" being part of the deal. The salesperson and finance person won't be working there any more.

Finally, go to the service department of another dealership and introduce yourself. You won't be going back to that prior one. They will be happy to have you as a customer. A large portion of dealer profit is made on services and parts, not the vehicle sales. Your a fairly sure thing for at least the next 3 years.

Last edited:

Mablung

Raptor
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2005
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bought my Bronco in mid January and have been waiting to get my plates from the dealership since then. Today I was told that they are refusing the transfer the title because X Plan want more documentation from me/the dealership before paying out the X Plan side of it to the dealer.

To be clear:

I’ve sent them the proof of employment that they’ve demanded but I feel like they’re extorting me, refusing to transfer title on a vehicle which I’ve paid for. I’m also worried that they’ll continue dragging this out or even try to repossess the vehicle, or demand more money from me.

I want to bring this to the attention to Ford corporate. I called their hotline today and got a very weak response (they’re putting a complaint to the dealer GM)… does anybody have any contacts or advice on who to talk to at Ford?
Write a formal complaint letter to Ford Motor Company, detailing your experience from the purchase to the current issues with the title transfer and the X Plan documentation.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I had to generate a PIN when I did X-plan, is that what they're needing? Yes they should have had all paperwork done prior to you driving off and yes it sure seems like they're being preditory if they start talking about anything to do with the cost.

If it's something simple then give them what they need, if not then follow with whatever advice listed above but I'd throw in to file a complaint with your state attorney general as well.

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In MI a Dealer has a maximum time of 30 days to file the DMV paperwork without penalties- They should have given you copies of the signed paperwork, Tile signed over, I would send that to your Secretary of state office and file a complaint. That is Free!!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What docs do they want?
Again, what documents is the dealer asking for?

Sounds like Ford (not your dealer) raised a red flag about your x-plan documents and they need more info to confirm your eligibility. Maybe @RagnarKon can shine a bit of light on the back end workings of x-plan and Fords requirements to help us better understand the situation.

Understand that the dealership is REQUIRED by Ford to obtain all A,Z,X or D Plan information BEFORE the sales contract is COMPLETED and signed, if they want to be reimbursed for selling at the Plan price. At this point, it is their problem. The contract is now consummated (yeah, like in marriage), as witnessed by the 1st month payment on the loan. You have nothing else to do. As far as you are concerned, there is no further action to perform for the dealership. (Tell them to go pound salt.) They sold you the vehicle at a good price you found acceptable; you have no idea what they are talking about with this "X Plan" stuff.

To get your DMV stuff done:
First - Contact (physically go to) the TX DMV and tell them the dealership has not complied with state filing regulations. Tell them you also want to file a formal complaint with the Enforcement Division. Let DMV know you can provide them a copy of the contract and your bank statement (only showing) where the loan funds have been withdrawn as proof of the transfer of ownership.

Next, Second - Contact Ford customer service again and tell them you want to file a complaint with the Ford Dealership Services Texas Area Manager. (You may have to call 3 or 4 times until someone will put you through to the other side.) Also ask for a refund of your DMV paperwork fees (not the registration fee) since they are past the regulatory deadline and you had to "effectuate the service". Don't hold your breath for that, but they will tell the dealership it was requested. Note, this is not the type of call that a dealer GM wants to get from Ford.

Next, Third - Call the loan company and tell them you want to stop payment on the loan because the dealership has not transferred title to you by the DMV deadline. Since title has not transferred, you do not legally own the vehicle, and are not liable for the payments. That is your position (but not intention because you don't want to f/u your credit). Ask them if they would contact the dealership general manager to get this fixed since they would not do it for you.

Then, Fourth - File a complaint with the TX Better Business Bureau.

After that is all done - Call the dealership general manager and tell the person you had to call the DMV Enforcement Division, Ford Dealership Services, and the loan company because your salesperson refused to file the DMV paperwork. You regret having to do it, but your salesperson left you no other choice, and would they (electronically) file paperwork that day. If it comes up, tell him you don't recall "an X-Plan" being part of the deal. The salesperson and finance person won't be working there any more.

Finally, go to the service department of another dealership and introduce yourself. You won't be going back to that prior one. They will be happy to have you as a customer. A large portion of dealer profit is made on services and parts, not the vehicle sales. Your a fairly sure thing for at least the next 3 years.

Advocating for the OP to lie abut the x-plan and the nature of the sale is terrible advice. Especially when you expect the denial to result in two people being terminated.

OP, how are you eligible for x-plan?

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

To be clear:

i work at a dealership if your eligible for x plan give them proof so they can recoup their money under that program you got the price correct

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

To be clear:

Contact the BBB and let the dealer know they’ll be hearing from them.
Sponsored