archer87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well.., I’ve never done x-plan but I would think proof of employment is only required if you are claiming employment at an eligible employer

If you are claiming eligibility because of a club membership, I don’t see how it applies
I provided proof of employment at time of purchase.

I provided it again yesterday.

the issue here is not what documentation I may or may not have, it is that they have taken my money, signed a sales contract, and up until this afternoon were refusing to register the vehicle.
Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad it is working out.
In regards to the suspicious people...if you have been on this forum or read theough, there have been alot of posts in the past where the OP left out important info and pitchforks were brought out and had to be put back up. Not saying this is you, but causes many to be cautious and start asking some questions to rule out some basic things.
As far as your underlying issue, the good news is that your lender would have gotten involved at some point after not receiving confirmation of title. Lenders normally send drafting agreement to dealer, basically saying they promise to pay once dealer provides proof title work completed showing you as new owner with lender as lien holder. Some lenders will submit payment to dealer at that time, some wait for verification title work completed (white slip here it TX) before paying. Either way, lender has legal recourse and can/will use it to protect their interest. Rarely see it get to that, as dealer/lending networks are pretty tight and when word gets around about a bad lender or bad dealer, then no one will do business with them and they become SOL. With that said, dealer could have potentially canceled the deal, sent lender back their money, and lender would have likely been satisfied leaving you back in your original position. Then it would be you vs dealer legal action if unable to resolve with dealership.

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The proof of employment that I shared with the dealer was my most recent pay statement. Do you really think I'm going to share that on a public forum just to back up a story?

And lets say I did, what then?

Be realistic.
I successfully used the Xplan a few weeks ago for my wife’s Bronco. At purchase I gave them the PIN number I created from my employers Intranet, after the sale they did call for a pay check stub and a picture of my healthcare card. That is it and I have the title now. Sounds like you did the same but are getting jerked around. Sorry for your issues, shouldn’t be this difficult for them or you.

timpatflanagan

Badlands
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only things required for a X-Plan Partner discount from the customer are 1) the PIN number generated prior to the sale, and proof that you work for the Company you generated the PIN number ie. Insurance Card with Company Name -or- a Company Badge with your name and Company Name -or- your most "Current" Paystub with Company Name, Your Name, dated within the last two weeks. Dealers are audited by Ford and must have this information saved in the deal jacket or can be fined $10,000 for each non-compliant deal they submitted. I do not agree that they should hold title work over this issue, now if it were because you did not provide a title, or down payment that was due, that would be a different thing. And if you misrepresented the ability to obtain an X-Plan pin number, that might be cause to rescind the deal completely. But if all they're requesting is the compliant documents that you should have agreed to give them, by signing the AXZD Plan discount paperwork you should have been given at the time of delivery, then I don't see why you haven't done so already. That form too, is necessary for compliance and audit by Ford.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is some delicious "give 'em both barrels" type advice. And I'm here for it - be sure to give us an update!

Understand that the dealership is REQUIRED by Ford to obtain all A,Z,X or D Plan information BEFORE the sales contract is COMPLETED and signed, if they want to be reimbursed for selling at the Plan price. At this point, it is their problem. The contract is now consummated (yeah, like in marriage), as witnessed by the 1st month payment on the loan. You have nothing else to do. As far as you are concerned, there is no further action to perform for the dealership. (Tell them to go pound salt.) They sold you the vehicle at a good price you found acceptable; you have no idea what they are talking about with this "X Plan" stuff.

To get your DMV stuff done:
First - Contact (physically go to) the TX DMV and tell them the dealership has not complied with state filing regulations. Tell them you also want to file a formal complaint with the Enforcement Division. Let DMV know you can provide them a copy of the contract and your bank statement (only showing) where the loan funds have been withdrawn as proof of the transfer of ownership.

Next, Second - Contact Ford customer service again and tell them you want to file a complaint with the Ford Dealership Services Texas Area Manager. (You may have to call 3 or 4 times until someone will put you through to the other side.) Also ask for a refund of your DMV paperwork fees (not the registration fee) since they are past the regulatory deadline and you had to "effectuate the service". Don't hold your breath for that, but they will tell the dealership it was requested. Note, this is not the type of call that a dealer GM wants to get from Ford.

Next, Third - Call the loan company and tell them you want to stop payment on the loan because the dealership has not transferred title to you by the DMV deadline. Since title has not transferred, you do not legally own the vehicle, and are not liable for the payments. That is your position (but not intention because you don't want to f/u your credit). Ask them if they would contact the dealership general manager to get this fixed since they would not do it for you.

Then, Fourth - File a complaint with the TX Better Business Bureau.

After that is all done - Call the dealership general manager and tell the person you had to call the DMV Enforcement Division, Ford Dealership Services, and the loan company because your salesperson refused to file the DMV paperwork. You regret having to do it, but your salesperson left you no other choice, and would they (electronically) file paperwork that day. If it comes up, tell him you don't recall "an X-Plan" being part of the deal. The salesperson and finance person won't be working there any more.

Finally, go to the service department of another dealership and introduce yourself. You won't be going back to that prior one. They will be happy to have you as a customer. A large portion of dealer profit is made on services and parts, not the vehicle sales. Your a fairly sure thing for at least the next 3 years.
Sponsored