Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think with the 6100’s you reuse your original springs. The claim is that they are an upgrade for the factory shocks and happen to be adjustable length for lift.
And they could be an upgrade, depending on what you're starting with, and what you're going after. If upgrade only means larger diameter, then from that perspective they are an upgrade. Also, Bilstein is trying to sell shocks. Not knocking them, but I'd want more info than the outfit selling them claiming they are an upgrade. :)

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And they could be an upgrade, depending on what you're starting with, and what you're going after. If upgrade only means larger diameter, then from that perspective they are an upgrade. Also, Bilstein is trying to sell shocks. Not knocking them, but I'd want more info than the outfit selling them claiming they are an upgrade. :)
I agree, that’s why I stated the “claim” part. I don’t believe most of anyones advertisements. Too much manipulation involved in advertising in my opinion, I just don’t bash anyone over it because capitalism is what makes the world go round.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the better threads in this forum….thanks guys

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@North7 … yeah, I get it. I haven’t really considered any shocks to replace mine. My main focus has been on sorting through the different designs for spacers and what not. I like the factory ride, but my intentions are to get to 37’s at some point. It’s probably gonna require a combination of suspension and body lift for me. 37s because over here there’s a lot of mud and ruts to contend with, and I’m too damn old to be walking for miles to get something to get it out. Being off road for me isn’t really what most folks do… mine is mostly going places no one else wants to go.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
4avor8ntfair

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure if you've seen my recent post... which included my experience with the Zone 2"/1" lift/level. Personally, I would go with the Bilstein 6112 option, if I had it to do over again! I will include it in this response, so enjoy:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ss-pricey-installer-in-sd.52125/#post-1555641
Yes, thanks! I’d actually replied on it on Thursday, and it’s why I created this post…you and another thread got me thinking about the Zone kit. So you’re having regrets about the Zone kit now?
Hopefully you figured out the steering issues that you mentioned!
I remember you got the Zone UCA’s. Bird dog had some posts showing that he needed spacers to avoid rubbing with Zone UCA’s.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/conversations/zone-uca-and-spacers.32151/#convMessage-278374

NormanBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all,
I’m working towards self-squatching my non-SAS BL, and I was curious for constructive feedback on how the Zone 1221 might compare with a “cheaper” coilover option like the 6100’s. ~ $175 vs $1,100 parts.
I know there’s the perch collar options as well, and lots of coil overs. I’ve mostly settled on my decision being between Zone’s hybrid 2” lift and the Bilstein 6100’s. As far as I can tell, the 6100’s seem to be at a great point of cost vs quality…and it already came with Bilstein 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m mostly daily driving, but want it capable. I took it to Moab earlier this year, and I’m sure I’ll go back, but I’m doing more local in Texas. After that Moab trip, I decided I only wanted and extra ~2” lift. I’ll probably only 1-3 trips per year going forward. I can’t justify $4-5k for King or Fox, but I could probably justify 6100’s.
I did already buy the Zone UCA’s when I found them on sale, as I figured it’d help improve geometry for whichever way I go.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
I didn't read this whole thread and don't know if you have your heart set on aftermarket parts... BUT i do have a set of factory sasquatch coilovers, upper CAs, and 1.5" FABtech leveling kit that I took off my BB SAS. They have about 13k miles on them (maybe 5k with level kit?). The ride was amazing even with the level kit. I'm in OK so not too far from Houston. Also have SAS wheels and tires. Would be willing to meet you in Dallas if you wanted it all at a fair price :cool:

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, thanks! I’d actually replied on it on Thursday, and it’s why I created this post…you and another thread got me thinking about the Zone kit. So you’re having regrets about the Zone kit now?
Hopefully you figured out the steering issues that you mentioned!
I remember you got the Zone UCA’s. Bird dog had some posts showing that he needed spacers to avoid rubbing with Zone UCA’s.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/conversations/zone-uca-and-spacers.32151/#convMessage-278374
Sorry about being late to answer. Sometimes I need to work!

Bird dog is probably correct; however, I replaced my wheels and tires. I now have 9x18 wheels, with a "0" offset... meaning that the offset is enough to eliminate the need for spacers, with the ZONE UCA (I actually still have about 5/8" clearance to the UCA).

My preference would be the Bilstein's (not yet announced, when I purchased the Zones), because I feel the larger Piston offering in the 6112 gives a more positive and controlled effect on daily driving, especially at highway speeds.

Nothing terribly wrong with the Zone combo, other than I feel that they don't give you a correct castor to work towards, when you combine the UCA and the Badlands 2/1 lift/level.

I think we buy what we can afford or what's available at the time of purchase. It's your choice!

@goatman2 has recently responded to my original thread and based on his "real time" experience with alignment, offers that the required castor might need to be set a bit higher than the 3.6 where I am currently sitting.

21Badlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a non sas badlands on 37's with just a zone 1" level so far for me it has been fine. It is my daily driver and so far off road trails. I'm from east coast so probably never going to moab but for what i use my truck for it has been fine.

Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 20220225_164538 (3)
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 295421994_1289937878482328_5772480620113487925_n (1)

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You didn't mention what tire setup you're going to run. Guessing some kind of 35 to match Sasquatch. What gear setup?

OP
OP
4avor8ntfair

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You didn't mention what tire setup you're going to run. Guessing some kind of 35 to match Sasquatch. What gear setup?
Probably will switch to 35’s when I have to replace the tires. I wasn’t planning on swapping out the gears.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a non sas badlands on 37's with just a zone 1" level so far for me it has been fine. It is my daily driver and so far off road trails. I'm from east coast so probably never going to moab but for what i use my truck for it has been fine.

Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 295421994_1289937878482328_5772480620113487925_n (1)
37's with a leveling kit. That's nuts. And here I am worrying about squeezing 315's on a stock Badlands.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put a set of 6100's on last week. Also did the big tire kit/body mounts.
They are set at the top level. Used sasquatch springs. Left factory uca alone.
Added MT 37x12.5 17 baja at's and 0 offset Rebounds.
Only put 1500 miles on it in stock form.
Since the swap, very happy with how it handles on pavement.
Long sweeping curves on rough roads at highway speed felt like the back wanted to step out. That is no longer the case. Much more planted now. Less hop over rough stuff.
Won't have it off the pavement until next weekend. It's not a pavement princess, just installed them a few days ago.
Not sure if the bump up in tire size is where the smoother ride comes from or if struts help that much but the ride is much smoother than the stock sasquatch ride.
I do not claim to be an expert. Just reporting my experience so far.
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands Screenshot_20220826-212606_Gmail

21Badlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37's with a leveling kit. That's nuts. And here I am worrying about squeezing 315's on a stock Badlands.
I think stock wheels would rub on the fender liners and crash bar mounts these are a 0 offset.
The tires are BFG 37 x 12.50 I think they measure at 36.5
That first pic is without the 1" level.
looks like your getting built this week based on your signature Good Luck

Here is a pic with the 1 " level installed

Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 20220730_202755 (3)
Sponsored