First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think stock wheels would rub on the fender liners and crash bar mounts these are a 0 offset.
The tires are BFG 37 x 12.50 I think they measure at 36.5
That first pic is without the 1" level.
looks like your getting built this week based on your signature Good Luck

Here is a pic with the 1 " level installed

20220730_202755 (3).jpg
Thank you! If all goes well. That's the blend date on the window sticker. I've seen some stock Badlands with 35's, though most have different offset wheels to clear the control arm. I like the factory wheels myself, so I'll swap some 35" Firestone MT2's (34.4") , and see what I need to clear the suspension.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But as Goatman said if you are not increasing tire size there is no reason to lift it. Other than looks it would be a loss.
Yes and no. A lift without bigger tires will not improve your minimum ground clearance, but your average clearance will improve. The number one thing that's been holding me back is the low belly height. I'm moving to a 2" lift and hoping that's the sweet spot, even though my 35s fit perfectly fine with no lift.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and no. A lift without bigger tires will not improve your minimum ground clearance, but your average clearance will improve. The number one thing that's been holding me back is the low belly height. I'm moving to a 2" lift and hoping that's the sweet spot, even though my 35s fit perfectly fine with no lift.
But if you trade a great suspension for on ok suspension it's a definite loss.
But I understand your point ;)

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After I put the Raceline wheels on, I thought it needed 35's to look right. But, after a few days it grew on me and I like how it looks with the new wheels and 33's. However, my guys heard me say that and went ahead and ordered a set of 35" Falken Wildpeak A/T's (one of my favorite tires). Now I have to decide if I'm going to put them on...pretty likely.

So, you have 35's with no lift. Assume you removed the crash bars? Wondering if I should try it or go ahead and install part of the level kit I ordered. Real issue for me is my wife getting in easily.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After I put the Raceline wheels on, I thought it needed 35's to look right. But, after a few days it grew on me and I like how it looks with the new wheels and 33's. However, my guys heard me say that and went ahead and ordered a set of 35" Falken Wildpeak A/T's (one of my favorite tires). Now I have to decide if I'm going to put them on...pretty likely.

So, you have 35's with no lift. Assume you removed the crash bars? Wondering if I should try it or go ahead and install part of the level kit I ordered. Real issue for me is my wife getting in easily.
Yes crash bars had to come out. Other than that, no rubbing at any time. Not going overboard on offset helped I think, I just did +18. I think it looks fine as it is, I'm just tired of getting high centered all the time.

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes crash bars had to come out. Other than that, no rubbing at any time. Not going overboard on offset helped I think, I just did +18. I think it looks fine as it is, I'm just tired of getting high centered all the time.

Thanks. My wheels are also +18. Think I'll just add the spacer at the bottom of the shock, at the lower A arm and see how it goes.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. I've retained the same tires and gone from stock Hitachis to Badland Bilsteins to Icons 2.5s. My clearance at the rear axle has remained abysmal. My departure and breakover angle however have gotten better with each upgrade. On the 2dr, dragging the belly (transmission skid) isn't going to happen often if I do my part.
I'm currently 26.5 inches front and 27.5 inches rear center hub to metal fender. Stock was around 23. Even with the same tires I've gotten better trail performance with the lifts, even though the axle still drags as much as it ever did.

I also opted for the ASFIR transmission skid as it was the only one I found that was flat with the frame. Most of the designs incorporate space for the 2.7L cross members, which I don't have. I did not want to lose an inch of the clearance I gained in the lift.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,
I’m working towards self-squatching my non-SAS BL, and I was curious for constructive feedback on how the Zone 1221 might compare with a “cheaper” coilover option like the 6100’s. ~ $175 vs $1,100 parts.
I know there’s the perch collar options as well, and lots of coil overs. I’ve mostly settled on my decision being between Zone’s hybrid 2” lift and the Bilstein 6100’s. As far as I can tell, the 6100’s seem to be at a great point of cost vs quality…and it already came with Bilstein 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m mostly daily driving, but want it capable. I took it to Moab earlier this year, and I’m sure I’ll go back, but I’m doing more local in Texas. After that Moab trip, I decided I only wanted and extra ~2” lift. I’ll probably only 1-3 trips per year going forward. I can’t justify $4-5k for King or Fox, but I could probably justify 6100’s.
I did already buy the Zone UCA’s when I found them on sale, as I figured it’d help improve geometry for whichever way I go.

9916BBA2-DEBB-4DB1-8BFC-99A4BF6C2B99.jpeg
Interesting that stocksurplus has a table for a 2-door application when they are officially for 4-door only (confirmed by another dealer, suspensionlifts.com and Bilstein customer support). The dealer said that they would "lift the 2-door too much" whatever the hell that means and directed me to the 5100s. The CS rep at Bilstein said that the shocks for the 2-door are indeed the 5100s and the 4-door are the 6100s. He also mentioned (off the record) he didn't see why the 6100s wouldn't work on a 2-door. This video shows they work just fine on a 2-door:

What that said, that's a great price for the 6100s since everywhere I've looked they are over $1200 for a set. The 5100s are under $600 for the set. I have a 2-door BaseSquatch and am considering the 1.7" Front/1.4" Rear lift the 6100s offer. I too am considering 37" in the future.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, first question is what tire size you're going to run? Self-squatch seems to imply 35" tires. Sasquatch lift over normal Badlands is only like .5" more, which will handle 35's with a bit less offset in the wheel. Why do you want more lift?

You said mostly daily driver, but want to do a few trips to Moab. I've been to Moab a ton of times, and for Moab I'd strongly prefer a stock Badlands. The stability of the lower height, lower center of gravity, and 33" tires is perfect for Moab. So, why do you want a lift?

The stock Bilsteins on the Badlands have slightly more travel than the SAS shocks, which is a nice thing. The stock Bilsteins have pretty good position sensitive valving, which is pretty nice, and could be pretty hard to improve on. A simple 1" spacer lift and the stock shocks could easily handle 35's and keep the pretty darn good shocks. So, why do you want a lift? What are you thinking you will gain by lifting more than necessary and replacing pretty darn good shocks with something that might not be as good for what you want to do? 6100 shocks have a slightly bigger diameter. Bigger diameter allows more fluid volume which gives more cooling, and more cooling helps the shocks to not fade when running hard for longer distances. If you're not going to run hard in the desert for long distances, then you're giving up the position sensitive shock valving of the stock Badlands shocks for no good reason. The position sensitive valving resists bottoming out on hard hits and jumps, and it resists full extension shock when jumping or a really big hit with big rebound. Without that a car should have limit straps to keep from damaging the shock with fast extension bottoming.

So, you asked for a bit of feedback. Why do you want to change shocks and lift your Bronco more than it needs?
After reading your post, I am not going to lift my BaseSquatch or go with 37's. I'll save the money and invest in skids plates. Me and my wallet thank you sir.

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No lift (yet) Crash bars removed.
MT Baja Boss A/T 35x12.5r17
KMC 17x8.5 +18

I ordered a GRT Off-road 1.25 front-only collar lift, just in case.

I’m holding out to see if Ford Performance will offer a OE+ lift or some version of the HOSS 3.0.

Otherwise, I’m going to put on (ARB) Old Man Emu at some point. Main Line Overland installed Old Man Emu on a 2 Door and the height looked perfect without changing out the UCA or getting too funky with geometry. As other have said, it’s less about the tires, and more about the turtle 🐢

OE 285 KO2
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 8E10BE3D-EB4C-4046-BB02-43372FC9CCEB

MT Baja Boss A/T 35x12.5
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands BFF5AF4F-2109-4133-AE74-F6BD90405F47

NOTE: The CG 4D in the background is a big bend with a Zone 2” Spacer Lift On HOSS 1.0. Same Tires. Was in for alignment.

35” MT ”Poke” on +18 offset.
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 29D891DC-3999-4AB7-95A5-C871B20EAA69

285 KO2 “Poke” on +18 offset
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 1B589F10-F271-4A84-9431-33CECF173506

NOTE: Non-SAS fender flares.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
4avor8ntfair

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No lift (yet) Crash bars removed.
MT Baja Boss A/T 35x12.5r17
KMC 17x8.5 +18
Otherwise, I’m going to put on (ARB) Old Man Emu at some point. Main Line Overland installed Old Man Emu on a 2 Door and the height looked perfect without changing out the UCA or getting too funky with geometry. As other have said, it’s less about the tires, and more about the turtle 🐢

OE 285 KO2
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 1B589F10-F271-4A84-9431-33CECF173506

MT Baja Boss A/T 35x12.5

NOTE: The CG 4D in the background is a big bend with a Zone 2” Spacer Lift On HOSS 1.0. Same Tires. Was in for alignment.
NOTE: Non-SAS fender flares.
Love the Roswells! I was looking for some and I think they’re discontinued 😢

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the Roswells! I was looking for some and I think they’re discontinued 😢
Damn! I got them last year before my build came in. Before the Everglades was announced. I had a lot of issues getting a set of 5 together, but TireRack tracked them down. I just thought it was because of restraints. Didn’t know they discontinued them. Shame. Offset is perfect @+18; splits the difference between OE +35 and 0. They look better then the AnalogHD imho

Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 2E066DC7-3018-459C-B0F5-E4D106BA727A

Last edited:
OP
OP
4avor8ntfair

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This weekend I added 1.5” wheel spacers, which I calculated I needed for clearance with the Zone UCA that I’m installing later this month. The total offset comes to ~+17. I ordered the SAS flares but actually love the look with the standard flares. I think I’ll still keep the SAS flare order and have them painted body color.

0B2002CD-2525-4F71-9FE8-A9863249C4A5.jpeg

C9C992F8-7639-4BCC-A64D-37F024DB331E.jpeg

DE4F43ED-89C9-455C-B2B2-E6A2AE8BABB8.jpeg

7D6FBE52-3127-4980-8988-AAB7E318E175.jpeg

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put in the bilstien 6100's on the highest setting this last weekend to go with some toyo at3's. 35x12.5x17 on some +1 offset fuel shok wheels. The height sits at 40 1/4" to the edge of the flare on the front and 41 1/8" out back. So a little rake.
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands PSX_20220916_175947
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 20220916_165506
Ford Bronco Help me self-squatch my Badlands 20220916_165520

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For reference, I have a base bronco upgraded with badlands suspension + 1inch level kit + 33s and it is the same ride height as my SAS Badlands on true 35.5inch tires.
I’m very curious about your BL suspension swap in your Base, as I’m considering doing the same thing. Would you mind sharing what you paid for the BL take-off parts? Did you install them yourself or have a shop do it? Besides a realignment and headlight adjustment was anything else needed?
Sponsored