First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone cares for an update on the CEL issue. The CCV side of Mishimoto dual catch can was causing my CEL light to come on. After trying to work with their support they stated that they have seen this issue before and it is caused by the air pressure change due to the catch cans. Their two solutions where either pack the catch can with steel wool which did not work or pay for a tune to recalibrate the pressure sensor so the CEL doesn't come on any more. I have since removed the entire setup and working with the vendor to return it under a warranty issue but @Mishimoto has not been very helpful on this matter. It has been over a week and they are quote "Still working on getting the RMA issued for it". I personally will not be purchasing anything else from Mishimoto but the vendor Alex from @Motoroso has been great, very helpful and I highly recommend them.
Just today my engine light came on. Says it's the CCV sensor. I also have the dual catch cans. I've had them on for over a thousand miles and today the light came on. Also had to break one end of the stock hose to get it off, I through it away.🫤
Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi @BroncoLV - thanks for sharing your experience. I do apologize this return process has taken longer than planned.

To make sure we are on the same page, your Bronco's CEL is the first we have heard. We have sold many, many Bronco catch can kits and have not had issues. For some other, select, applications, we have seen CELs. Those, too, have been very isolated. I'm sorry this product does not work for your specific Bronco. Every vehicle is different, every vehicle has different modifications, and many vehicles in different geographic locations.

Regarding the recommendation to stuff the catch can with steel wool, I am unsure why our Customer Service rep recommended this. In addition, we never recommend tuning around a potential issue. I apologize for the misdirection provided, this is not our standard protocol.

Bronco community - please feel free to post here, send a DM, or contact our Experience Team if you have any CEL issues with your dual Mishimoto 2.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can. We are committed to this platform and are happy to work with the community.

- John P
I have had your dual catch cans on for over 1000 miles and today it decided to have my engine light come on. I also had to break the connection of the one hose to get it off so I threw it away. Don't know what to do now. I can't take it to the dealership obviously.🫤

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was easy to just break the yellow three-pronged connector and to then use the Mishimoto fitting which is removable...and then buy the $15 spare line in case you ever have to swap back to OEM for whatever reason. Even with the special tool that you can get to push in those three tabs there's very little room to get the tool in between the fitting and the outlet. You could somehow make your own tools with similar precision as a lockpicking tool to get the angle and then the 90° you need to push in the tab, but by the time you do all that you could have already had the entire project finished.
Any chance you have a part number for that hose? Looks like I am going to need to get one.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not sure. I just saw the Ford Pass App state Crankcase Ventilation Hose Sensor and figured that was the CCV side. When I would clear the code it would just come back within 3 days. Removing the CCV side it would not come back.

messages_1.png
I have the exact same thing as of today.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had your dual catch cans on for over 1000 miles and today it decided to have my engine light come on. I also had to break the connection of the one hose to get it off so I threw it away. Don't know what to do now. I can't take it to the dealership obviously.🫤
By the way, I have a 23 Wildtrak 2.7 live in Wisconsin.

Sponsored

Die2flyu

Wildtrak
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I pulled mine off to make sure I wasn't an idiot (which is usually the case) and found this after about 2500 miles. I guess it goes to show they do work on the 2.7L if anyone is questioning whether to use them or not. Oh and I am an idiot as they do have a drain plug in the bottom and I just hadn't remembered. Lol

20230429_130047.jpg

20230429_130130.jpg

20230429_130132.jpg

Die2flyu

Wildtrak
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
By the way I have a 22 Wildtrak.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you have a part number for that hose? Looks like I am going to need to get one.
Part number is different for the 21 and 22 than it is for the 23 so the part number I have won't work for the 23.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its just a matter of time before your Wildtrack will throw codes with the Shitimoto set up.
Yep, mine is now throwing the same code.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not sure. I just saw the Ford Pass App state Crankcase Ventilation Hose Sensor and figured that was the CCV side. When I would clear the code it would just come back within 3 days. Removing the CCV side it would not come back.

Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can 20230429_130132
How did you clear the code? I disconnected negative battery terminal for about 15 minutes, didn't help.🫤

Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah ha...I am not crazy... I just checked and yes both my Mishimoto cans have drains on the bottom.

Blurry pic for your review...

Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can 20230429_130132
Mine also has those hex drain bolts. Mine are tight.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Part number is different for the 21 and 22 than it is for the 23 so the part number I have won't work for the 23.
Thanks, don't know why it would be different though. Same engine.🫤 Frustrating that after a few months of use it decided to give an engine light.🤬

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like problem is with 23 MY. Hope they come up with a quick solution.
I think they purposely stepped in and did that because they didn't want people putting on catch cans...the 21 and 22 part is only like 10 bucks (so I didn't care about breaking the retainer) and I'm not even sure if the 23 part is available yet and I think that was done on purpose as well.

SasquatchMI

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah ha...I am not crazy... I just checked and yes both my Mishimoto cans have drains on the bottom.

Blurry pic for your review...

Just checked both can drains
Both tight
Still have CEL
P051B
Sponsored