First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey John, you have a link to the video. I’m at an impasse as well….

directions really don’t help with how or where to push the pick tool etc. Bblue ones were a piece of cake to remove. I just can’t get these orange ones undone. I only saw the singles catch can on youtube

Thanks in advance!
We actually have that info in our written installation guide! Make sure you check it out here:

Bronco 2.7 Baffled Oil Catch Can System Installation Guide

-Nick
Sponsored

JD8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

not as easy as the brochure illustrated it .... its hard as hell .... on the 6 cyl you cant even get your hand down below near it nvm messing with that tab

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm so frustrated with this stupid CCV line. Trying to install a double oil catch can and I'm stuck with whats supposed to be an easy disconnect and removal. The CCV line is obviously on the drivers side and has no sensor attached. each end of the line has 2 different connectors. I got a list of connectors used on the Bronco from @flip but these 2 connectors dont seem to be on it.

The one on top of the valve cover:

upper CCV.jpg

and this is the hard to reach one at the turbo inlet:

Lower CCV.jpg

Autozone and O'riely's suggested the connectors need a special tool which I bought but didnt work. There is just no room to use the tools.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know how on how to do this?

CCV.jpg
Check 2:49 on this video. It should help you with that connector.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check 2:49 on this video. It should help you with that connector.

THANKYOU ..... but I have concluded that its best to leave those connectors alone and instead, cut that line and tap into it using barb fitting and T's if really needed.

Also, after 9800 miles I checked the catch can on the so called dirty side, and found it bone dry, not a single drop of oil in it.

In addition i found out that oil catch cans are generally used for high mileage cars (in excess of 60K miles).

I will keep mine on there and check it every 7500 miles or so and let you all know, but so far the catch can has caught nothing.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
THANKYOU ..... but I have concluded that its best to leave those connectors alone and instead, cut that line and tap into it using barb fitting and T's if really needed.

Also, after 9800 miles I checked the catch can on the so called dirty side, and found it bone dry, not a single drop of oil in it.

In addition i found out that oil catch cans are generally used for high mileage cars (in excess of 60K miles).

I will keep mine on there and check it every 7500 miles or so and let you all know, but so far the catch can has caught nothing.
Glad the video was helpful. Interesting though about you not capturing any oil. We installed the UPR catch can on our Bronco from get go and it always captures oil.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad the video was helpful. Interesting though about you not capturing any oil. We installed the UPR catch can on our Bronco from get go and it always captures oil.

I dont know the source of this video but I call TOTAL BS .... if any oil is captured in the catch can its the result of vaporized oil that is caught in the filter of the catch can, that turns back into liquid and the drips down into the catch can ..... The oil shown in this video is so thick and Tar like .... its a very childish attempt at marketing.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I dont know the source of this video but I call TOTAL BS .... if any oil is captured in the catch can its the result of vaporized oil that is caught in the filter of the catch can, that turns back into liquid and the drips down into the catch can ..... The oil shown in this video is so thick and Tar like .... its a very childish attempt at marketing.
I personally filmed this video with our bronco and the UPR catch can after about 10k miles of driving. The fact that you’re questioning my integrity as well as saying that this is a childish attempt at marketing is pretty stupid in my opinion.
You’re entitled to believe what you want but your statements are far from facts and the truth.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally filmed this video with our bronco and the UPR catch can after about 10k miles of driving. The fact that you’re questioning my integrity as well as saying that this is a childish attempt at marketing is pretty stupid in my opinion.
You’re entitled to believe what you want but your statements are far from facts and the truth.
If you recorded that video then everything you say is suspect .... a solidified clump of oil falls into the cup??!!! LMAO
Also, insulting people doesn't do anything for your supposed integrity. Have a good life!

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you recorded that video then everything you say is suspect .... a solidified clump of oil falls into the cup??!!! LMAO
Also, insulting people doesn't do anything for your supposed integrity. Have a good life!
Funny. You insult me, say that my video and the oil in the catch can are totally BS so I call you out on it so I’m the bad guy? Ok Karen.
Hope your day gets better than it is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Funny. You insult me, say that my video and the oil in the catch can are totally BS so I call you out on it so I’m the bad guy? Ok Karen.
Hope your day gets better than it is.
A clump of oil falls into the cup!! say no more!! your video is the best!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was after about 2k miles on the PCV side can. The CCV side can had the walls coated, but not nearly as much as the PCV side. At the next full oil change I plan to inspect again and pour out. I can't imagine why yours would be bone dry.
Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can IMG_20220617_135016

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This was after about 2k miles on the PCV side can. The CCV side can had the walls coated, but not nearly as much as the PCV side. At the next full oil change I plan to inspect again and pour out. I can't imagine why yours would be bone dry.
Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can IMG_20220617_135016

I expected to see at least as much oil as you show in your picture but I got nothing.

I have a drain valve on my catch can, which I left open overnight .... the next day I inspected the hoses and noticed some very slight moisture/wet surface at the start of the hose but the end part of the hose that is the inlet to the catch can was dry as could be.

The ONLY explanation I can come up with is that I broke in my Bronco properly, which resulted in proper seating of the seals/gaskets and O-rings in the engine.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I expected to see at least as much oil as you show in your picture but I got nothing.

I have a drain valve on my catch can, which I left open overnight .... the next day I inspected the hoses and noticed some very slight moisture/wet surface at the start of the hose but the end part of the hose that is the inlet to the catch can was dry as could be.

The ONLY explanation I can come up with is that I broke in my Bronco properly, which resulted in proper seating of the seals/gaskets and O-rings in the engine.
I tried breaking in as well, even though they say new technology makes breaking in less necessary. Although it was hard to get the 2.7l above 2.5k RPM without getting on the skinny pedal too hard. Lol. So my RPMs didn't fluctuate a tremendous amount. I will say, the 2k miles were mainly from a Nashville trip where we averaged around 80-85mph. This may cause a bit more vapor to get past the pistons on mine during that trip. Makes me feel better though as I start to add more modifications that will probably create more boost over the next year. Which was the main reason for wanting the catch cans.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried breaking in as well, even though they say new technology makes breaking in less necessary. Although it was hard to get the 2.7l above 2.5k RPM without getting on the skinny pedal too hard. Lol. So my RPMs didn't fluctuate a tremendous amount. I will say, the 2k miles were mainly from a Nashville trip where we averaged around 80-85mph. This may cause a bit more vapor to get past the pistons on mine during that trip. Makes me feel better though as I start to add more modifications that will probably create more boost over the next year. Which was the main reason for wanting the catch cans.
I don't/can't believe that about new tech!!! Metallurgy doesn't change.

Is your 2nd can set up with a venturi?
Sponsored

Last edited: