Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't/can't believe that about new tech!!! Metallurgy doesn't change.

Is your 2nd can set up with a venturi?
No. Just the set up from Mishimoto. But that 2nd can shouldn't have much oil particles anyway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. Just the set up from Mishimoto. But that 2nd can shouldn't have much oil particles anyway.
True!

you have a 2.7 engine right? do you think its even worth the effort to attach the 2nd can to the clean side?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True!

you have a 2.7 engine right? do you think its even worth the effort to attach the 2nd can to the clean side?
Not unless you are modifing for additional boost. Stock it's clean. I can see where adding exhaust, air box, intercooler and tune you would push a lot more boost through the system causing more blow-by. I think why I had as much on the PCV side was even with cruise control set to 85, it was hours and with wind I had an average of about 7+PSI with spikes around 13 PSI for a good portion of the time.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got a lot of experience driving turbos. If you aren’t hard in the boost your can will be empty. I’ve had massive differences just based on what I did between oil changes. Track days and auto cross? Tons of oil. Traffic and around town? Almost none.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got a lot of experience driving turbos. If you aren’t hard in the boost your can will be empty. I’ve had massive differences just based on what I did between oil changes. Track days and auto cross? Tons of oil. Traffic and around town? Almost none.
That makes sense!

I do get on it once in a while, just not like the racetrack.

Explains why I have no oil in the can after 9800 miles. Thank You!

Sponsored

Samsquanch75

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch 4dr, 2018 4Runner TRD OffRd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just installed the Mishimoto dual can setup on my 2.7.
As for the CCV line with orange connectors they are an absolute pain in the ass. Since many have said the internal tabs end up breaking I ended up just cracking the orange inner part with a long small blade screwdriver. This orange inner bit is pretty brittle and breaks easily without any damage to the ports on intake manifold and turbo tube. After that install went quickly.
Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can 4A391431-8257-4739-9BC2-8B8B3E399E8E

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just installed the Mishimoto dual can setup on my 2.7.
As for the CCV line with orange connectors they are an absolute pain in the ass. Since many have said the internal tabs end up breaking I ended up just cracking the orange inner part with a long small blade screwdriver. This orange inner bit is pretty brittle and breaks easily without any damage to the ports on intake manifold and turbo tube. After that install went quickly.
Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can 4A391431-8257-4739-9BC2-8B8B3E399E8E
Yeah that fitting is a PITA. I did an AFE intake install on our shop Explorer ST and was able to figure that connector out by watching one of UPR's catch can videos which I also highlighted in ours.

For those that are interested in seeing how I was able to remove the fitting you can check the video below at the 2:46 mark and I show how it's done.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah that fitting is a PITA. I did an AFE intake install on our shop Explorer ST and was able to figure that connector out by watching one of UPR's catch can videos which I also highlighted in ours.

For those that are interested in seeing how I was able to remove the fitting you can check the video below at the 2:46 mark and I show how it's done.
This is by far the worst video in "seeing how to remove the fitting". There was no seeing. Just hey, you either break it off or you need a pick to remove. What would help folks is showing a bronco with said removal of fittings. However, credit where its due, you posted a video showing this for a quick frame of reference. Also, this fitting, does the UPR or Mishimoto come with new fittings/ tubes? If thats the case, just break um, they provide new ones in the kit? If wanting to retain to revert back to stock imo is stupid. Eat the couple bucks or when you sell just ask for a couple bucks more to offset what you paid. just my .2

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is by far the worst video in "seeing how to remove the fitting". There was no seeing. Just hey, you either break it off or you need a pick to remove. What would help folks is showing a bronco with said removal of fittings. However, credit where its due, you posted a video showing this for a quick frame of reference. Also, this fitting, does the UPR or Mishimoto come with new fittings/ tubes? If thats the case, just break um, they provide new ones in the kit? If wanting to retain to revert back to stock imo is stupid. Eat the couple bucks or when you sell just ask for a couple bucks more to offset what you paid. just my .2
The UPR dual valve catch can for the Bronco and Explorer ST come with proper hose / connector to install it. So even if you ruin the factory connector when trying to remove it you don't have to worry about it.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The UPR dual valve catch can for the Bronco and Explorer ST come with proper hose / connector to install it. So even if you ruin the factory connector when trying to remove it you don't have to worry about it.
lol! At the op then. Just break um off who cares

Sponsored

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes sense!

I do get on it once in a while, just not like the racetrack.

Explains why I have no oil in the can after 9800 miles. Thank You!
Did you ever get the CCV side installed? The video is good but makes it look like you can just poke a pick in there and its all good. Its not. This sucks. I can't get mine off.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you ever get the CCV side installed? The video is good but makes it look like you can just poke a pick in there and its all good. Its not. This sucks. I can't get mine off.
no ... i gave up .... I just have my dirty side hooked up ....... according to multiple ford mechanics i spoke to CCV side doesn't need it, but take that with a grain of salt

BroncoLV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, 88.5 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine installed on both sides. I used this video from Motorosa for the install on the CCV side. He said you can either break the connector or shows you how to get it with a pick. In the end I just broke the connector with a small allen wrench since I didn't have a pick to release the connection.

Motorosa Dual Catch Can Install

Last edited:
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got mine installed on both sides. I used this video from Motorosa for the install on the CVC side. He said you can either break the connector or shows you how to get it with a pick. In the end I just broke the connector with a small allen wrench since I didn't have a pick to release the connection.

Motorosa Dual Catch Can Install
After 18k miles i decided to check my catch can on the dirty side (only side i have a can installed) ..... I opened the valve and let it drain over night ..... this morning i didnt see a single drop that had come out of the can ..... I checked the lines and there was only a miniscule amount of oil only at the tip of the inlet hose on the engine side of it, more like a residue of oil mist ..... the inlet to the can itself was as dry as it could be.

Soooooo i can now see that a catch can on the CCV side may not be needed and also, I can now give more credence to what my mechanic was saying about catch cans being GOOD for HIGH MILEAGE cars only.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

BroncoLV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, 88.5 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After 18k miles i decided to check my catch can on the dirty side (only side i have a can installed) ..... I opened the valve and let it drain over night ..... this morning i didnt see a single drop that had come out of the can ..... I checked the lines and there was only a miniscule amount of oil only at the tip of the inlet hoe on the engine side of it, more like a residue of oil mist ..... the inlet to the can itself was as dry as it could be.

Soooooo i can now see that a catch can on the CCV side may not be needed and also, I can now give more credence to what my mechanic was saying about catch cans being GOOD for HIGH MILEAGE cars only.

Any thoughts?
I am by no means a mechanic and just read some articles and watched some videos on why it was important to have a catch can on direct injection engines. The ones I read did say the CCV side was not as important but I figured it was better to be safe than sorry and I don't plan on getting rid of my Bronco so figured it was better to have it setup from the beginning. If it doesn't need it than it oh well but if does than glad I put it on when it only had 2K miles on it vs 150K miles.
Sponsored