First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did have issues with my soft top that my dealer and Ford refused to work with me on (the seam was ripped in multiple locations) but I would never consider a bronco without a soft top.
Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve had my Bronco since February and have had absolute ly no issues. Originally wanted a hard top, but switched to get it sooner - now the ease of flipping the top back whenever I want in a few seconds makes me glad I didn’t get the hard top.

diorbronco

Raptor
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have had a soft top and a hard top Bronco and had more problems with the leaking on my hard top. Soft top did me great even with the Utah winter months.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fit,water/snow getting in the rig, wear issues have you experienced any of these?
Other than the wavy rear windows no fit problems. It’s a convertible most complaints are from people never owning a soft top. The only wear I’ve seen is from people not making sure the top is folded properly when opening.
no water gets in anywhere except the very rare on top of the swing gate I have had a few drips. Has to be a certain wind angle and downpour. No snow inside last winter Or this winter but we’ve only have one snowfall.

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm supposed to go test drive a 2022 soft top today but after reading so many issues with these tops I'm kind of hesitant to even consider buying one

image_0_01.jpg

image_0.jpg
I had wear issues and the inside liner came loose, but Ford stepped up and replaced the canvas under warranty. Other than those minor issues that were addressed, I love being able to flip the top back in a few seconds to enjoy the nice weather. I rarely see local hard tops enjoying the same.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thing with a place like this is you mostly hear about the bad because people are much more likely to post about a issue than just being happy with whatever it maybe ie soft top, gas mileage ect

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had mine exactly for 1 year. No issues so far.

Hard top was a hard pass for me. A lot harder to ride around topless. Not to mention the continued issues with the construction of them.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soft top glue melting in hot weather. Water pours inside window when open. Sure it's annoying but is what it is.

So let's keep it simple for you, if you're nervous about it, then don't buy one. Problem solved.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm supposed to go test drive a 2022 soft top today but after reading so many issues with these tops I'm kind of hesitant to even consider buying one

image_0_01.jpg

image_0.jpg
If you said you were hesitant about buying a bronco with a hardtop -- I would agree 100%. I have had my soft top for a little over a year-- its in perfect shape, no leaks etc etc. I am getting and ADV 1 piece Hard top and selling the soft top to a very happy neighbor. the soft tops are great , depending on your lifestyle. ME, I want a hard top so I can have the rack and carry things. the ADV hard top is perfect, whereas the FORD hard tops are nothing but problems according to the many complaints registered on this forum. Originally I was going to get the Ford Modular top, I consider myself luck with the way things turned out.
i will post pictures when I get my hard top and roof rack, lights etc all installed.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wear is a thing with soft tops. I've had three soft top Mustangs. A soft top is a 4-5 year wear item.

On a 4-door, I would expect the soft top to keep weather/water out better than the hard top, since it is one piece, and there are no seams/seals over head.
I’ve had boats with canvas tops and plastic windows for decades. These are closer to a 10 year wear item if well cared for. Use proper soaps and cleaners and many years of trouble free satisfaction can be had. My last boat side windows went went 15 years before the zipper stitching finally gave way in a storm with gusts exceeding 50mph.

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No issues with soft top after 9 months. I have the same Area 51 basic Badlands clone you are looking at...no leaks, no rips, no need for iag helpers....

I however will go hardtop next for roof rack, wiper, and defroster.

Make the call if you think a soft top works for you functionally because Ford QC has been a crap shoot on either top.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very happy soft top owner here. If bestop made a non fastback version I’d be interested. Hard tops are off my list for now.
Sponsored