First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is true. And it will sell. They can’t keep them on the lot for more than 24 hours. I can’t do it. I loathe negative equity and I’m not putting 25k down on a vehicle.
This is the mindset that's driving this frenzy. This factually incorrect. The ones I see on dealer floors with these mark ups are sitting on the lots for month.

$5K-$10K tend to move quickly, usually days to a week.
Sponsored

Meshyf

Big Bend
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stop paying Mark ups for the love of God.

OP
OP
madfella

madfella

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Three WTs came in today and they are asking 20k over MSRP. But has yet to show me a sticker.
Ford Bronco Highway Robbery or The New Norm 244ADEF5-2AA3-47AC-95E3-A04902D89BE4
Ford Bronco Highway Robbery or The New Norm 5A14FFD2-EE7C-4A12-B094-3973DF60523C
Ford Bronco Highway Robbery or The New Norm 15229A03-BB77-43CB-8655-BAC3CD1E4101
Ford Bronco Highway Robbery or The New Norm 53881FE7-3086-4883-9024-9FF5D1B519BE

Last edited:

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Bronco is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. It is that simple.
True. Time is money. Some people just don’t like to waste their time thinking about this inconsequential thing( in a big scheme of things)-I.e. when will I get it? Will their be market adjustment (+/-). They just pay an extra get the thing and possibly use it for a year or so, get over their craze and sell it or keep it if they like it. Say -You charge your hour rate at 40-50$ and spend an overall 100 hours in empty pursuits with dealer, researching bronco over and over ,reading and writing in this forum - you have already lost 5000$.
If time is in plenty then matter is all that different

Sponsored

Steamboat

First Edition
First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I picked up my 2dr Badlands Sasquatch last week. The dealership told me everyone who ordered a Bronco was paying sticker. Everyone else was going to pay a 20k mark up. The salesman said 6 people were already calling wanting my vehicle. It’s just crazy.

seabassjer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nisson
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A local dealer recently sent me a text on a '21 OBX with 9K miles. They want 70K. Here is their description (no pricing breakdown on their website).

Dealer Notes
Blue 2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Advanced 4WD 10-Speed Automatic Intercooled Turbo Regular Unleaded I-4 2.3 L/140 ABS brakes, Alloy wheels, Compass, Front dual zone A/C, Heated door mirrors, Heated front seats, Illuminated entry, Low tire pressure warning, Remote keyless entry, Traction control.

Recent Arrival!
---
I told them that was ridiculous, I'll wait for my under invoice BD which will be delivered next month.
I waited for the OB almost 2 years the dealer still charged 4k markup.

Hey G

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Total BS from that dealer! Spend time and locate a good dealer!

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No vehicle is worth being robbed. These dealers are Ford's Achilles Heel. They've never been very good at customer service, now they're simply thieves. RUN, do not walk away from any dealer and their ADMs.

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just for some anecdotal evidence, I ordered 2 Broncos (one in March of 21 and one December 21 at a bigger dealer). Identical base SAS manual, built a day apart, but the December one came in first. Both sticker at 38k. Had it a month before the other one came in, put 1300 miles on it, sold it to a dealer for 45k. They sold it in less than 24 hours for 55k. It’s absolutely insane right now and if I didn’t love it so much I’d sell the second one for the huge profit while I could.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stop paying Mark ups for the love of God.
I get this, I do. And we ordered and paid MSRP for our Bronco. BUT - the ridiculous amounts being given for trade in value is helping to drive this. I went to a dealer's auction with a friend recently. Trying to help a co worker find a decent used car for their daughter who won a scholarship for a graduate program several states away.

The prices were ridiculous. While it seems counterintuitive, it was a better deal for them to buy her a new car than used. Ended up getting her a new '22 Hyundai Elantra for less than what a used Civic with 30K miles was going for.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it's funny you mention that...........there has been legislation in effect for decades. We design and manufacturer our tanks, planes, ammo all in the U.S. You can't even import most foreign made (Israel and a few other non Chines / Russian countries) .

So cars? Not so much. Tanks? Planes? Firearms? Ammo? Yes - we're quite okay on those fronts.
I wonder if all this applies to selling our barrels of oil? Need to wake up.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder if all this applies to selling our barrels of oil? Need to wake up.
Meaning the portion of oil that was sold from our Strategic Oil Reserve? I am not a current fan of the current administration, but do a little bit of research - it's stupid - but the Chinese owned company that bought that oil (open auction / sale) was like the smallest amount of that sale.

They offered like 45 million barrels for sale and didn't even have buyers for all of it.

It's crude oil. But in a really ironic turn of events, it's CHEAPER for the U.S. to SELL this reserve and import better / already refined crude (for fuels) because of our current refinery situation because of the EPA.

It's a political gesture to try and get the price of crude oil to slow. Essentially pissing in the wind at this point.

OP
OP
madfella

madfella

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the mindset that's driving this frenzy. This factually incorrect. The ones I see on dealer floors with these mark ups are sitting on the lots for month.

$5K-$10K tend to move quickly, usually days to a week.
All three of the Broncos I posted above sold for $80k+. The white was actually a Badlands and sold for $83k. They almost had me sold on the Red Wildtrak (Sas, Lux, 62k MSRP) at $76k out the door, but the sales manager tried to change the deal last minute.

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided