Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So as suggested by Ford I've asked my dealer for a document signed by them showing agreed on price. The DORA had one price, however when they sent the purchase agreement there is an added 1000 for 'Additional Equipment'. Also appears to have higher than normal fees (looking for my 150 sales papers from same dealer). So, perhaps not an ADM but some kind of junk up-charge with vin etching or some other BS. This whole Bronco ordeal has simply been futile. I'm really not in the mood to play 'buy the car' with a dealer right now. If they can't simply stick to MSRP and normal fees, I'm out of this game. I've considered passing the reservation to my son but I don't want him in a bad dealer situation either. I also don't want them getting my reserved Bronco and selling it. Is there a clean cancel of everything so they loose the allocation?

** found my F150 papers - no add-ons and doc fee was 130 vs 580! Yep, something fishy goin on here **
Sponsored

Last edited:

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So as suggested by Ford I've asked my dealer for a document signed by them showing agreed on price. The DORA had one price, however when they sent the purchase agreement there is an added 1000 for 'Additional Equipment'. Also appears to have higher than normal fees (looking for my 150 sales papers from same dealer). So, perhaps not an ADM but some kind of junk up-charge with vin etching or some other BS. This whole Bronco ordeal has simply been futile. I'm really not in the mood to play 'buy the car' with a dealer right now. If they can't simply stick to MSRP and normal fees, I'm out of this game. I've considered passing the reservation to my son but I don't want him in a bad dealer situation either. I also don't want them getting my reserved Bronco and selling it. Is there a clean cancel of everything so they loose the allocation?

$1000 is an odd flex by a dealer. I wouldn't give up your res for that. Seems very negotiable vs. dealers with 10k ADM. Call or go in, find out what this extra equipment is. They can't just add shit without approval. You can cancel a reservation and I'm sure the dealer would be happy... But there is no way to cancel and not have your dealer take ownership and sell it. You can't really transfer to your son, the original reservation owner has to purchase.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone is padding the bottom line to make up for the lack of sales. Sorry man. Im due to do paperwork this week and I'm dreading that aspect.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

** found my F150 papers - no add-ons and doc fee was 130 vs 580! Yep, something fishy goin on here **
It’s most likely random add ons they plan to add to improve their sales. The Kia dealer near me has really cheap cars but then you read the fine print and they add $2K for BS add ons: $500 mud flaps (it’s SoCal it never rains here and there isn’t any mud…) $500 for wheel locks (this is the worst because they don’t even cost $100 normally) and finally $1250 for the advanced braking system software BS (it’s just a thing that makes your brake lights flash 3 times to grab the person behind you’s attention so they realize you’re stopping).

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Watch those "added fees".
One dealership near me tacks on $900 for "Resist-All Coating" on all vehicles. You can't escape it from their dealership, and because it's a varnish coating when it gets fine scratches, you can't see for squat out the windshield (100% exterior surface coating). And yeah, on accessories, they will often charge you outrageous fees and prices for stuff they get cheap or involve nothing more than a few minutes reconfiguring software.

Sponsored

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal but still can be negotiable. Example my dealer wanted to add an additional 700 for their "appearance package" they do on "all" their vehicles. So I don't need the BS nitrogen filled tires. I air up and down all the time. I don't need carpet flooring mats, I've got washed out interior. So what can you offer me that covers the same price. So I got window tinting, 2 oil changes, and seat covers as a replacement. Not worth 700 but better than nothing as a replacement.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got window tinting, 2 oil changes, and seat covers as a replacement. Not worth 700 but better than nothing as a replacement.
that's certainly an interesting approach!

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s most likely random add ons they plan to add to improve their sales. The Kia dealer near me has really cheap cars but then you read the fine print and they add $2K for BS add ons: $500 mud flaps (it’s SoCal it never rains here and there isn’t any mud…) $500 for wheel locks (this is the worst because they don’t even cost $100 normally) and finally $1250 for the advanced braking system software BS (it’s just a thing that makes your brake lights flash 3 times to grab the person behind you’s attention so they realize you’re stopping).
Yes, but they can't just force this on you. It's a year wait for this damn thing, that you reserved, personalized and ordered. If this was a regular dealer order, there is no way this shit would fly. Time to put the hammer down on these assholes.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since this is a custom ordered vehicle they shouldn't be adding any extra equipment. Tell them you don't want any of it. When they say it is required and they add it to all their vehicles tell them you will just order somewhere else if that's the case.

Doc fee is a bit tougher, and at least here in TX is non-negotiable as the dealer is required to charge the same amount to everyone.

Edit. And if you cancel they just lose the order but not an allocation.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that's certainly an interesting approach!
As long as it makes sense, it's a good approach. Also, make sure you have that in writing, which I do, on the purchase agreement and signed.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DORA simply lists MSRP. It ultimately has no bearing on the final price you pay with the dealer, and doesn't include things like taxes, dealer documentation fees, registration fees, etc.

For my dealer... I pay full MSRP, documentation fees of $699 (unfortunately a $100 increase over 2021), and $3100 or so in sales tax. The dealer documentation fees includes financing, registration, etc. All of that was clearly spelled out on the purchase agreement I signed.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have not converted to an order, cancelling your reservation removes it from the system, thus the dealer also loses. If you don’t have a VIN I see no reason why the order can’t be cancelled. Then shop around the other local dealers and find one that lays it all out in writing.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't have to pay for security etching. Bought my Escape and I told them I wouldn't pay for that, or $40 nitrogen tire fill.
All the panels and glass were still etched however.... Maybe it's a registration fee?
My dealership tried to add $230 rubber floor mats... In a wash-out Badlands...!? Yeah, no.....

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ya you can’t walk. Don’t. As mentioned earlier, calmly negotiate oil changes, tire rotations, warranty.

Bring your family, wife, grandpa, and favorite aunt with you. More tears the better.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't have to pay for security etching. Bought my Escape and I told them I wouldn't pay for that, or $40 nitrogen tire fill.
All the panels and glass were still etched however.... Maybe it's a registration fee?
My dealership tried to add $230 rubber floor mats... In a wash-out Badlands...!? Yeah, no.....
WTF is security etching?? Waiting for a blinker fluid charge.
Sponsored