First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think that is what I’m going to do. I don’t need to take it off and on every day. Here in Arizona it will be off for a few months in the spring and then a few months in the fall. Otherwise it’s either too hot or too cold. Relatively speaking of course.

And you’re doing this by yourself each time?
Yes, go back 3 posts in the thread for details
Sponsored

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My JL set up from another thread. Takes 15/20 minutes on or off. Manual pull is easy - one arm for each line - and sits flush against the ceiling. Strap is just safety insurance after it's lifted and tied off....
Sean, I like what you've done here, but those photos seem to be for a Wrangler JL series (based on the gas filler door). I like the four lifting loops with the plastic elbow as a stop, but not sure how that will translate to the Bronco. I'm assuming you gently lift the Wrangler top an inch or two (scrap padded 2x4 to create a gap?) and then carefully feed the lifting loops one side at a time? Or is there an alternate method?

Do you have your new Bronco? Is there any location for which the lifting loops would work?

Thanks for sharing what you've done here.

And a general question here. What does the top weigh? Wrangler top? Bronco Top?

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sean, I like what you've done here, but those photos seem to be for a Wrangler JL series (based on the gas filler door). I like the four lifting loops with the plastic elbow as a stop, but not sure how that will translate to the Bronco. I'm assuming you gently lift the Wrangler top an inch or two (scrap padded 2x4 to create a gap?) and then carefully feed the lifting loops one side at a time? Or is there an alternate method?

Do you have your new Bronco? Is there any location for which the lifting loops would work?

Thanks for sharing what you've done here.

And a general question here. What does the top weigh? Wrangler top? Bronco Top?
The Bronco top has holes for the torx bolts just like the Wrangler.
I simply lift the corners with one hand and feed the line through.
The 2 door JL top weighs 90ish lbs. I believe the Bronco top is about 85.
That set up should translate directly over to the Bronco.

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yikes $200 !
Yeah, that was my first reaction too. But its Harken pulleys and snatch blocks, including a 6:1 with easy lock mechanism. Expensive, but what is the value of a dropped roof? (Scratches and damage to vehicle, broken corner / glass on the top, etc... ) In the scheme of life, that probably isn't a crazy expensive setup.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cmcbronco

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, that was my first reaction too. But its Harken pulleys and snatch blocks, including a 6:1 with easy lock mechanism. Expensive, but what is the value of a dropped roof? (Scratches and damage to vehicle, broken corner / glass on the top, etc... ) In the scheme of life, that probably isn't a crazy expensive setup.
Nice lift but my setup is about $100 and all I have to do is push a button lol. I have a safety catch that I hook through to ensure the top will not fall if for some reason the lift were to give out.

FB2AE17B-A169-4231-91E2-1D01F6A600E1.jpeg

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well said. Just after reading these posts I checked out Amazon and the first seller - sold out. :confused:
I believe it, I want to buy one now, but I want to wait at least until I get a build date.

My collection of Bronco stuff is starting to look like I have a problem already, I don't need to be spending on this just yet, but by my luck, they will be over $100 by that time.

Debs

Black Diamond
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Excursion, 2006 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco "Homemade" hard top lift tips! hoist1
Ford Bronco "Homemade" hard top lift tips! hoist2

This was the hoist I built for my '94 Bronco back in 2011. Harbor Freight 12V winch with cables and pulleys attached to 2x4's. After I sold the Bronco it became a storage platform and now is used to hang bicycles from until I can get my stuff rearranged in my new garage. Then it becomes a Bronco top hoist again!

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:rolleyes: No what I mean is with all the "Bronco" stuff I've accumulated, it looks like a shrine in my living room;).

I've bought a couple of beanies (2 of the same one with the original tags displayed & one to wear) and one other item from a thrift store, everything else were freebies from Ford or events, Off Rodeo, test drive, auto shows etc.

So, to my roommate and friends it looks like an obsession... As in "do you have a problem"?

I need to take a photo with some notes and start a thread.

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a cable Lock or any safety measures to keep the Top from crashing down?
Sponsored