First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak 22 F250 KR Tremor 21 Jeep 392
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have and RPG perch collar kit on order. This kit is specifically for the HOSS 3.0. I did the 2.25" front and 1.5" back. I'm a little nervous that this will effect the ride quality but its worth a shot. I already have 37s on and it fills up the wheel well. Just looking for a little more space.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bean14

Bean14

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, I installed the RPG collars. I did 2.25ā€ on the front and rear. I also installed 37x12.5 BFG KO2s on the factory wheels with Bora 1.25ā€ spacers (roughly -6 offset by my calculations). The ride home felt no different to my surprise. Actually felt a little more stable on the turns. That being said it was 20 miles on the highway. No rubbing at full lock. I will post before/after pictures and measurements after I get an alignment.

Bryced15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, I installed the RPG collars. I did 2.25ā€ on the front and rear. I also installed 37x12.5 BFG KO2s on the factory wheels with Bora 1.25ā€ spacers (roughly -6 offset by my calculations). The ride home felt no different to my surprise. Actually felt a little more stable on the turns. That being said it was 20 miles on the highway. No rubbing at full lock. I will post before/after pictures and measurements after I get an alignment.
Any idea if the Bora spacers were completely necessary with the KO2s or would it rub without them do you think?

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awesome. You have the exact build I was hoping to get ... OW 3.0 Wildtrak on 37s. Can't wait to see it.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any idea if the Bora spacers were completely necessary with the KO2s or would it rub without them do you think?
Iā€™m also wondering the same as Iā€™d rather not use spacers. @Bean14 Looking forward to pics!

Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pictures or didn't happen.šŸ˜œ

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Bean14- found this thread and realized you were updating here.

Good to hear ride quality was reasonable.

Did you go with the 2.25ā€ front AND rear in order to retain the factory rake in the front end? If so, did it stay pretty much an inch or so lower or did it change due to the rear geometry?

Canā€™t wait to see these pics!

OP
OP
Bean14

Bean14

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know it feels like Iā€™m holding out on everyone but I will get some details and more pics on here tomorrow. Supposed to have some ā€œme timeā€ tomorrow. Took this pic before I headed out to work today just so yā€™all know it did happen! And in case anyone was curious, you can fit 5 37x12.5r17s in the back of a 4 doorā€¦

A9A69A0E-FC41-43CA-BDA0-AC370B3B66A6.jpeg

879A6037-2635-43AD-BE63-15B6F5C9D8A7.jpeg

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know it feels like Iā€™m holding out on everyone but I will get some details and more pics on here tomorrow. Supposed to have some ā€œme timeā€ tomorrow. Took this pic before I headed out to work today just so yā€™all know it did happen! And in case anyone was curious, you can fit 5 37x12.5r17s in the back of a 4 doorā€¦

A9A69A0E-FC41-43CA-BDA0-AC370B3B66A6.jpeg

879A6037-2635-43AD-BE63-15B6F5C9D8A7.jpeg
No worries Bean14- thanks for the update! Looks great!

What Iā€™m really interested in is the collar set-up, so you went 2.25ā€ all the way round (instead of the 2.25f/1.5r) correct?

It does look like you kept just a bit of rake. Are you happy with that decision? I think it looks correct.

Oh and did your installer have to do any cutting to get the tires to fit with this lift? Canā€™t seem to get a straight answer on if the 37s will fit without cutting on a SAS WT w HOSS 3.0 and the 2.25ā€ collars. That would be super helpful to know.

OP
OP
Bean14

Bean14

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No worries Bean14- thanks for the update! Looks great!

What Iā€™m really interested in is the collar set-up, so you went 2.25ā€ all the way round (instead of the 2.25f/1.5r) correct?

It does look like you kept just a bit of rake. Are you happy with that decision? I think it looks correct.
Yes, 2.25ā€ on the front and rear. I had 3/4ā€ maybe 13/16ā€ of rake before and I believe it is the same after. And yes I am happy with my decision. Well, I would have loved a 4-6ā€ lift and 38-40ā€ tires but my wife would have murdered me. As a daily driver I think it is perfect.

So far, much to my surprise, I really donā€™t feel any difference in the ride quality. And still no rubbing at all. (Highways and side street driving)

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, 2.25ā€ on the front and rear. I had 3/4ā€ maybe 13/16ā€ of rake before and I believe it is the same after. And yes I am happy with my decision. Well, I would have loved a 4-6ā€ lift and 38-40ā€ tires but my wife would have murdered me. As a daily driver I think it is perfect.

So far, much to my surprise, I really donā€™t feel any difference in the ride quality. And still no rubbing at all. (Highways and side street driving)
Nice! Love it. Iā€™m in the same boat.
Did the installer need to cut off the crash bar mounts or anything?

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, fuck it. I'm in... I just pulled the trigger on the 3"/2.25" RPGs.

This was more analysis paralysis than I am used to... I finally went all in after I realized I'll probably end up with a Carli kit after they come out, so might as well go for it at the height I wanted and see how bad it really is...

Everyone I've spoken to has had the exact same feedback irrespective of collar height- they ALL say that there was very little or no impact on the HOSS 3.0. Forum members here have been ultra helpful- shoutout to Bean14 (2.25/2.25), Sancho77 (3/2.25), bhxhhcz (2.25/1.5).

After several discussions with the RPG guys (super helpful btw) I finally decided the following:

1) I intentionally waited and got the HOSS 3.0 mostly for the steering rack and tie rods because I ultimately knew I wanted to run 37s (the build goal is what I'm calling 'skinny raptor').

2) The Fox OEs are great and I would like to keep them if they meet my use case (DD/light-moderate offroad/overland/desert/mountains, little to no serious rock crawling)

3) Carli has had a kit in development for a good while now and will be better than the Fox setup no matter what (I run their pintop King 2.5 kit with all the goodies on my 2500 and it's the shit)- so if the RPGd Fox shocks are too harsh or suck off road I will be upgrading to the Carlis. Or, knowing my modification addiction maybe I just go Carli anyway because Carli.

4) Given the engineering of the Bronco and it's build around 35s it's clear to me that the corrected height will need to be a solid 3"s in order to prevent interference on up travel from the larger tires and also 'skinny raptor'.

So decision made!

I will report back on ride quality and tire fitment (Ridge Graps, heavier/better? vs. BFG KO2s, lighter/good enough?- opinions would be greatly appreciated).

I will also be doing the install myself and I will report back on that separately from the floor of my garage.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, fuck it. I'm in... I just pulled the trigger on the 3"/2.25" RPGs.

This was more analysis paralysis than I am used to... I finally went all in after I realized I'll probably end up with a Carli kit after they come out, so might as well go for it at the height I wanted and see how bad it really is...

Everyone I've spoken to has had the exact same feedback irrespective of collar height- they ALL say that there was very little or no impact on the HOSS 3.0. Forum members here have been ultra helpful- shoutout to Bean14 (2.25/2.25), Sancho77 (3/2.25), bhxhhcz (2.25/1.5).

After several discussions with the RPG guys (super helpful btw) I finally decided the following:

1) I intentionally waited and got the HOSS 3.0 mostly for the steering rack and tie rods because I ultimately knew I wanted to run 37s (the build goal is what I'm calling 'skinny raptor').

2) The Fox OEs are great and I would like to keep them if they meet my use case (DD/light-moderate offroad/overland/desert/mountains, little to no serious rock crawling)

3) Carli has had a kit in development for a good while now and will be better than the Fox setup no matter what (I run their pintop King 2.5 kit with all the goodies on my 2500 and it's the shit)- so if the RPGd Fox shocks are too harsh or suck off road I will be upgrading to the Carlis. Or, knowing my modification addiction maybe I just go Carli anyway because Carli.

4) Given the engineering of the Bronco and it's build around 35s it's clear to me that the corrected height will need to be a solid 3"s in order to prevent interference on up travel from the larger tires and also 'skinny raptor'.

So decision made!

I will report back on ride quality and tire fitment (Ridge Graps, heavier/better? vs. BFG KO2s, lighter/good enough?- opinions would be greatly appreciated).

I will also be doing the install myself and I will report back on that separately from the floor of my garage.
Looking forward to seeing pictures and what you think overall. I have lots of the same thoughts that you expressed. Other than I like more space in fender well, so will probably stick with 35's although upgrade to a truer 35 eventually. Also will upgrade the UCA's at the same time.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking forward to seeing pictures and what you think overall. I have lots of the same thoughts that you expressed. Other than I like more space in fender well, so will probably stick with 35's although upgrade to a truer 35 eventually. Also will upgrade the UCA's at the same time.
100% Geronimo! Iā€™ll let everyone know what I think. I have gone back and forth a million times in doing the true 35s. I think thatā€™s a completely reasonable conclusion. Hell just reading your post Iā€™m like ā€˜yaā€¦ maybe the 35sā€™ lolzā€¦

I finally concluded that what I really wanted was an oversized 35, also known as a 37s (hahah) since theyā€™re all really 36.4-36.8ā€s.

IMHO ā€˜Skinny Raptorā€™ needs !

So that just leaves tires to figure outā€¦

Nitto RGs are one of the best for this setup, but they are HEAVY in a 37. We're talkin like 80+ lbs. But a very good combination of looks and on-road/off-road performance.

I need to check in with Sancho to see if he had an unacceptable loss of umph.

The BFGs are a really strong possibility as well. Looks are decent (a little undersized in 37s- but perhaps not to big of a deal), all around performance is acceptable, but the biggest advantage is that they are light as a feather in 37 relative to everything else (70lbs) and that will SURELY impact driving performance characteristics.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% Geronimo! Iā€™ll let everyone know what I think. I have gone back and forth a million times in doing the true 35s. I think thatā€™s a completely reasonable conclusion. Hell just reading your post Iā€™m like ā€˜yaā€¦ maybe the 35sā€™ lolzā€¦

I finally concluded that what I really wanted was an oversized 35, also known as a 37s (hahah) since theyā€™re all really 36.4-36.8ā€s.

IMHO ā€˜Skinny Raptorā€™ needs !

So that just leaves tires to figure outā€¦

Nitto RGs are one of the best for this setup, but they are HEAVY in a 37. We're talkin like 80+ lbs. But a very good combination of looks and on-road/off-road performance.

I need to check in with Sancho to see if he had an unacceptable loss of umph.

The BFGs are a really strong possibility as well. Looks are decent (a little undersized in 37s- but perhaps not to big of a deal), all around performance is acceptable, but the biggest advantage is that they are light as a feather in 37 relative to everything else (70lbs) and that will SURELY impact driving performance characteristics.
Tire weight was huge on my lited Tacoma for mpg's. I will not do that and kill mpg on the Bronco. Probably Toyo at3 great tire light weight. Still 6 lbs heavier than stock tires.
Sponsored