Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello, Looking for some guidance. I have a 23 Wildtrak with Hoss 3.0. My question is not about lifting the truck although I would not complain at all. Itw more about reducing the side to side initial lean on turn-in and the dive and squat.

Does anyone have thoughts or actual experience using the smallest collar to reduce the initial side to side lean and reduce dive/squat without too much negative impact on ride quality. I understand that these collars can change the sweet spot for the suspension resulting in a more harsh ride. Wondering if a 1 - 1.5" collar would meet the need or should I be looking at a new set up all together?

Thank you
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would recommend the Zone level/lift designed for the Hoss 3.0. It just brings the truck up to where all the other trims on SAS are. I'm very happy with how mine looks and drives now.

Before

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_0595

After

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_1202

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would recommend the Zone level/lift designed for the Hoss 3.0. It just brings the truck up to where all the other trims on SAS are. I'm very happy with how mine looks and drives now.

Before

After

Looks good. To clarify, did only do the front leveling kit or did you do the zone 2.25 lift/leveling kit?

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks good. To clarify, did only do the front leveling kit or did you do the zone 2.25 lift/leveling kit?
I did the zone lift/level kit which lifts the back 1" and the front 2.5" and levels out the vehicle to match the other SAS trims.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did the zone lift/level kit which lifts the back 1" and the front 2.5" and levels out the vehicle to match the other SAS trims.
What do you mean?
Lifting your Sasquatch Wildtrak 2.5” and 1” levels it with other non lifted Sasquatch broncos?

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What do you mean?
Lifting your Sasquatch Wildtrak 2.5” and 1” levels it with other non lifted Sasquatch broncos?
Yea some of the Wildtraks (mine included) have some rake and sit a little lower than SAS Broncos (annoying IMO).

This kit I'd guess actually puts the Wildtrak slightly higher than a typical SAS, but that's just my guess based on comparisons I've made with my HOSS 3.0 versus a SAS Badlands a friend of mine owns. (Mine seems to sit 1-1.5 inches lower than hers)

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting, I haven’t noticed that much of a difference with my 4dr.

I just purchased the 2.25 kit with UCA’s (supposed to be delivered by Friday!) now I’m concerned about having room for 37’s after seeing your pictures.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey what was the cost of install on your kit? Thanks. (I'm considering doing one)

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been following this site for a while now and just became a member. Just took delivery yesterday of my Wildtrak after 482days!

By the way Lamarque Ford honored original msrp from the start with no markup! Great communication and service! They even gave my son a little custom hot wheels bronco! Nothing but good things to say!

Finally made myself click purchase on multiple full shopping carts online which includes new wheels and tires(37s).

Are there any lift options for the Hoss 3.0 suspension that I am not seeing? I don’t see much.

Thank you for any advice!

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, I had a '21 Wildtrak that was wrecked and when I picked up the '23 I noticed it was much lower. I believe that the kit I installed brings it in line with all the other SAS trims, meaning all the other Broncos with SAS package are higher and more level than the '23 Wildtrak. This kit was created for that purpose.

It's a tough job for the install, it was north of 2k in NJ, but again totally worth it.

Sponsored

Dino171

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello, Looking for some guidance. I have a 23 Wildtrak with Hoss 3.0. My question is not about lifting the truck although I would not complain at all. Itw more about reducing the side to side initial lean on turn-in and the dive and squat.

Does anyone have thoughts or actual experience using the smallest collar to reduce the initial side to side lean and reduce dive/squat without too much negative impact on ride quality. I understand that these collars can change the sweet spot for the suspension resulting in a more harsh ride. Wondering if a 1 - 1.5" collar would meet the need or should I be looking at a new set up all together?

Thank you

Anyone have thoughts on how the collars impacted lean/dive/squat?

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone have thoughts on how the collars impacted lean/dive/squat?
The HOSS 3.0 Fox’s are soft in the rear… It squatted a lot for me on acceleration in Sport and would even bottom out hitting it hard, especially after adding LOD rear bumper/tire carrier. This in-turn impacts cornering/leaning in turns as well. Add any weight whatsoever and it floats around like an old Cadillac and you’re constantly riding in the stiffer part of the progressive spring.

Adjustable coilovers are the best option. My ADS fixed the squat and made it more planted, but I can adjust that feel too. I can easily adjust height and compression on my ADS for a more level or raked look, as well as increase the compression for added weight or more spirited off-roading. This works great for camping trips where I’m loading up 300-400 lbs of gear and I can just bump up the rear 5-6 clicks. Yet, I still get amazing flex.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_7907
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? IMG_7904

However, if you’re not needing that level of performance, I‘ve read a spacer in rear and spring perch in front is best. You need to keep the geometry the same in the front via the perches, or with a small spacer/perch combo like the new Zone I believe does So you don’t exceed the allowable droop. Then the rear can handle the spacer and get you extra travel, it can handle the droop. But, you can’t just add a spacer in rear, that will cause a ton of rake and throw off the handling. Perches in the rear are fine too, but don’t gain you anything and with either of these you’re messing with the “sweet spot” Of the Fox’s. Eibach was coming out with HD springs, but I believe they also lift, and Dobinson had some heavier springs that were supposed to work, but I think they also lifted. Might check them out.

A lot of people say they can’t feel a difference in ride with the spring perches, and maybe their butt-o-meter is different than mine… However, given the progressive rates and how sensitive they are in their tuning, I didn’t see how I wouldn’t notice given what I experienced with the added armor weight. You’re going to be out of their “sweet spot”.

Even with playing with the coil over height and compression on my ADS, I can tell a difference in how the Bronco steers and handles. It handles best with at least a little rake given how Ford designed it, at least to me, and I run mine with only .25-.5 rake, but I can tune this at anytime with my setup…

Last edited:

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting, I’ve parked my 23 WT next to a Badlands and I could barely notice any difference in height, if any it was maybe 1/4” or less lower in front. Could be my WT was relatively new and not settled yet.

Yes, I had a '21 Wildtrak that was wrecked and when I picked up the '23 I noticed it was much lower. I believe that the kit I installed brings it in line with all the other SAS trims, meaning all the other Broncos with SAS package are higher and more level than the '23 Wildtrak. This kit was created for that purpose.

It's a tough job for the install, it was north of 2k in NJ, but again totally worth it.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What measured final lift did you achieve? Thanks.
Sponsored