Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@flip,

Are there any additional components that you can see needed for this swap? Like the spring perch and mounting plates pictured above?

My parts department didn't seem too knowledgeable when it came to swapping these parts. He did confirm the part numbers I brought in to him based on vin #'s were correct. The description for the struts says "shock absorber assembly", which I just assumed meant it was the complete assembly minus the spring.
some of them like 18132 and 5415 were additional ones he mentioned - it may have been the specific vin I provided, but he couldn’t even pull those parts or the equivalent for the front assembly, only the rear. Or maybe vice versa.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reached out to my local dealership today and they mentioned the HOSS 3.0 system wasn't in their parts catalogue yet. They did say Ford is typically pretty slow on updating the catalogue, so I'm hoping they do soon.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip,

Are there any additional components that you can see needed for this swap? Like the spring perch and mounting plates pictured above?

My parts department didn't seem too knowledgeable when it came to swapping these parts. He did confirm the part numbers I brought in to him based on vin #'s were correct. The description for the struts says "shock absorber assembly", which I just assumed meant it was the complete assembly minus the spring.
The "assembly" is just the shock itself. I'd have to get a few HOSS VINs to look at HVBOMs to look up the front spring, insulator and other numbers. The catalogue shows the front two shocks but none of the other stuff yet. Cat shows the rear breakdown so you will still need the insulator, spring, top bushing, spring hat and retainer nut. The top retainer is a new number but works on all previous setups (when it first changed the only difference was the 3 studs changed from a coarse to fine thread). Spring is different as well as the rod insulator.

Get me a decent sample of HOSS 3.0 VINs and I'll update my suspension cookbook with those specific setups. To me, getting these new from the dealer would be very cost prohibitive considering all of the aftermarket stuff starting to show up. When the bronco was first released, I could do a complete assembled SAS or BL setup for $2K or less, shipped. For whatever reasons (supplier price increase or greed) it's now cheaper to get the Ford Accessory shock kit, plus you get some lift. I know the BL and SAS folks aren't able to partake so the only option there is aftermarket. I would like to put 3.0 on my BL just for S&G but even doing it at cost, doesn't make sense. If you could get a set of take offs that match your config for a good price, then yes.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With several aftermarket options in the same price point why buy the OE Fox shocks?
I’m going to assume that most folks want them because of the on-road and off-road ride quality. Personally, I haven’t seen any direct comparisons between the HOSS 3.0 suspension and an aftermarket coilover suspension. What you hear a lot of is comparisons to the Bilsteins. Also, a lot of folks like sticking with OE equipment for warranty purposes.

Sponsored

NaMinesClarence

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to assume that most folks want them because of the on-road and off-road ride quality. Personally, I haven’t seen any direct comparisons between the HOSS 3.0 suspension and an aftermarket coilover suspension. What you hear a lot of is comparisons to the Bilsteins. Also, a lot of folks like sticking with OE equipment for warranty purposes.
What's the difference in a warranty application if you have Bilstein 6100's/Eibach coilovers or Fox OE?

For the cost of admissionI find the OE Fox shocks a little steep. I look at the external reservoir on the OE Bilstein and Fox shocks as more of marketing than performance.

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When the bronco was first released, I could do a complete assembled SAS or BL setup for $2K or less, shipped. For whatever reasons (supplier price increase or greed) it's now cheaper to get the Ford Accessory shock kit, plus you get some lift.
Is that accessory shock kit PN for the 2-door, non-SAS Ford M-18000-B1A?

Wait, derp, I found a better description... https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-18000-b1a.html

Not a bad deal for a bolt in 2" lift and suspension "upgrade" without going the HOSS 3.0 route

tank300

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base + manual + Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am thinking swapping the fox shocks as well. I have a Base 2.3 Sas package + manual. All the Ford parts websites indicating the part number only work with the 2.7L v6 model. My Bronco should be lighter than 2.7 +10AT. Would it be an issue?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "assembly" is just the shock itself. I'd have to get a few HOSS VINs to look at HVBOMs to look up the front spring, insulator and other numbers. The catalogue shows the front two shocks but none of the other stuff yet. Cat shows the rear breakdown so you will still need the insulator, spring, top bushing, spring hat and retainer nut. The top retainer is a new number but works on all previous setups (when it first changed the only difference was the 3 studs changed from a coarse to fine thread). Spring is different as well as the rod insulator.

Get me a decent sample of HOSS 3.0 VINs and I'll update my suspension cookbook with those specific setups. To me, getting these new from the dealer would be very cost prohibitive considering all of the aftermarket stuff starting to show up. When the bronco was first released, I could do a complete assembled SAS or BL setup for $2K or less, shipped. For whatever reasons (supplier price increase or greed) it's now cheaper to get the Ford Accessory shock kit, plus you get some lift. I know the BL and SAS folks aren't able to partake so the only option there is aftermarket. I would like to put 3.0 on my BL just for S&G but even doing it at cost, doesn't make sense. If you could get a set of take offs that match your config for a good price, then yes.
There are so many reasons I and others want the 3.0 over after market coil overs.
Warranty, keep stock height (I don’t want to increase roll over risk), cost because aftermarket fox is 5-6K and these seem to be less, factory tuned. Etc.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are so many reasons I and others want the 3.0 over after market coil overs.
Warranty, keep stock height (I don’t want to increase roll over risk), cost because aftermarket fox is 5-6K and these seem to be less, factory tuned. Etc.
Fair enough. I was looking mainly at the cost vs. gain side of it. If budget isn't an issue then I would definitely recommend using OE when possible for several of the reasons you laid out. Having not driven anything with 3.0, I can't speculate on the difference in ride between this and 2.0. I think Ford wants too much for their stuff which sucks because I really think we could sell more of the performance stuff if it was about 25% less.

Sponsored

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious with these being VIN specific, could the Hoss 3.0 be installed on a BL non SAS?

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious with these being VIN specific, could the Hoss 3.0 be installed on a BL non SAS?
Yes. The attachment points are the same.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there a definitive answer regarding the part numbers for a 4dr Bronco?
Sponsored