Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello all,

I managed to score these from a fella who upgraded his Wild Trak suspension. I installed these on my non-sas Black Diamond yesterday and I'm scratching my head... Springs were still installed so I figured this would just be a plug and play type of deal. My front end is sitting up higher than my rear end, which is the exact opposite of what I thought would happen. I'll include a picture down below for reference, but does anyone have an idea as to why this is/what I should do to level it back out?

@flip you seem to have a solid grasp on suspension, do you have any thoughts?

For those who had asked about ride quality it is silky smooth over the stock setup!
IMG_3500.jpg
What engine do you have? the wildtrak will automatically be a 2.7 10 speed so if you have a 2.3 that might explain why your front end is so much higher. There are like 6 different stock front springs so the height is pretty sensitive to spring rate/length.

Thats a killer score finding takeoffs for $800, just the shocks through ford are about $2,000 without springs.
Sponsored

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought and installed a set on my Everglades while back:

IMG-0775.jpg

IMG-0776.jpg

IMG-0734.jpg
It looks like you also bought new springs with these, was that a requirement to run the 3.0 shocks or would your stock springs have fit? I think the only way that buying from the parts dept makes sense is to be able to re use strut mounts and springs and keep the cost down to about $2K. Also curious how the stance came out given the wildtrak would be set up for a 2.7, although your everglades might have a higher front spring rate for the winch.

First Name
Cyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What engine do you have? the wildtrak will automatically be a 2.7 10 speed so if you have a 2.3 that might explain why your front end is so much higher. There are like 6 different stock front springs so the height is pretty sensitive to spring rate/length.

Thats a killer score finding takeoffs for $800, just the shocks through ford are about $2,000 without springs.
You know what, I had not considered that but you're absolutely right, I do have the 2.3. Thanks for that!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know what, I had not considered that but you're absolutely right, I do have the 2.3. Thanks for that!
You’re already all set to add a winch bumper and winch to level it out.

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW 428i, 2021 Black Diamond CG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all,

I managed to score these from a fella who upgraded his Wild Trak suspension. I installed these on my non-sas Black Diamond yesterday and I'm scratching my head... Springs were still installed so I figured this would just be a plug and play type of deal. My front end is sitting up higher than my rear end, which is the exact opposite of what I thought would happen. I'll include a picture down below for reference, but does anyone have an idea as to why this is/what I should do to level it back out?

@flip you seem to have a solid grasp on suspension, do you have any thoughts?

For those who had asked about ride quality it is silky smooth over the stock setup!
IMG_3500.jpg
Curious if you have found a solution for this stance issue? I have the same truck as you! BD CG soft top. I found a set of HOSS to put on it. Wondering if there is a solution for leveling that is not spacers on the rear

Sponsored

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can confirm that all you need is the new struts and coil springs and that’s it. Everything else from the Bilstein are direct swap over. Here is a pic of mine with the rpg perch collar installed. Haven’t purchased rear yet cause wanted to verify with ford dealer when they installed these on if it could be done and they did it!
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 part numbers/cost? IMG_4772

First Name
Cyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious if you have found a solution for this stance issue? I have the same truck as you! BD CG soft top. I found a set of HOSS to put on it. Wondering if there is a solution for leveling that is not spacers on the rear
Hey man, so kind of. The pictures I posted actually exaggerated the stance issue, it’s not as bad as it looks. I didn’t take into consideration the weight I had in the back at the time. I had my old steel bumper, steel bash plate, the take off coil overs and a tool box in the rear. After I took all of that out it looks way better. It’s still the slightest bit higher in the front but I think once I get my winch and winch plate installed it will be completely unnoticeable.

580C90E8-7CAD-45D9-B4B6-FE214A9BAE3B.jpeg

Last edited:

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can confirm that all you need is the new struts and coil springs and that’s it. Everything else from the Bilstein are direct swap over. Here is a pic of mine with the rpg perch collar installed. Haven’t purchased rear yet cause wanted to verify with ford dealer when they installed these on if it could be done and they did it!
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 part numbers/cost? 580C90E8-7CAD-45D9-B4B6-FE214A9BAE3B
How is the Ride compared to 2.0? You still have to swap rear ones over ?
Thanks!

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You’re already all set to add a winch bumper and winch to level it out.
+1, that is exactly what I was thinking also

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes still waiting to get rears in to get them swapped in and then could give impressions as it still feels same but front feels a little smoother. Once I get them swapped on rear hoping will change significantly!

Sponsored

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey man, so kind of. The pictures I posted actually exaggerated the stance issue, it’s not as bad as it looks. I didn’t take into consideration the weight I had in the back at the time. I had my old steel bumper, steel bash plate, the take off coil overs and a tool box in the rear. After I took all of that out it looks way better. It’s still the slightest bit higher in the front but I think once I get my winch and winch plate installed it will be completely unnoticeable.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 part numbers/cost? 580C90E8-7CAD-45D9-B4B6-FE214A9BAE3B
It looks pretty good. Based on this pic it actually kinda looks like you still have a little rake?

You didnt upgrade the steering rack or anything with it did you? Curious on your impressions of BD's ride quality before vs after.

First Name
Cyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks pretty good. Based on this pic it actually kinda looks like you still have a little rake?

You didnt upgrade the steering rack or anything with it did you? Curious on your impressions of BD's ride quality before vs after.
Thank you! Yeah, every time I take a picture of it it looks a little different but on the flattest surface it's just slightly higher up front.

I did not upgrade the steering rack I just swapped all 4 coilovers and then took it in for an alignment. The difference in ride quality is absolutely noticeable. It's much softer and more enjoyable on the road. I haven't taken it offroad yet but I can only imagine it's going to be a huge upgrade in that department as well.

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you! Yeah, every time I take a picture of it it looks a little different but on the flattest surface it's just slightly higher up front.

I did not upgrade the steering rack I just swapped all 4 coilovers and then took it in for an alignment. The difference in ride quality is absolutely noticeable. It's much softer and more enjoyable on the road. I haven't taken it offroad yet but I can only imagine it's going to be a huge upgrade in that department as well.
How was the install process for you? Plug and play?

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plug and play. It took me 5 hours from start to finish by myself.
Damn I just found out that the Sta-bar from the HOSS 3.0 may not be compatible with my 2021 model. Looking for additional resources on this.
Sponsored