Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This has me really stoked to try it locally.
I don't have my fox shocks installed yet but last weekend we went to the beach where it hasn't rained in over a month, so the sand is super soft, so you need to carry a good amount of speed to keep from bogging down. There was a section of some kinda woops and it handled everything like a champ, even caught a little air at one point.
Sponsored

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak, Audi RS5 B8.5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't have my fox shocks installed yet but last weekend we went to the beach where it hasn't rained in over a month, so the sand is super soft, so you need to carry a good amount of speed to keep from bogging down. There was a section of some kinda woops and it handled everything like a champ, even caught a little air at one point.
Nice. I can't wait to do some of this.

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone tried the leveling kits from the regular sasquatch on the Hoss 3.0?

I have the zone offroad level kit on my FE. Its just a plate under the lower mount and a plate above the upper. Being the 3.0s will bolt in stock location, it would lead me to believe I could still use it when I change over to wildtrak take offs. (If I can find some)

This wouldnt change spring preload or piston position. Im planning to leave in if I can.

kbernard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tacoma work truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are doing the lord's work and I thank you. I really was going to use (SVC) perch collars because there was no other option that would let me retain the enjoyment of the HOSS 3.0 and give me some clearance for 37s. Tonight I'm going to review the Eibach pro springs after your feedback, what you said about the plush ride quality and not needing UCAs I think gave me the final push.
I can also tell you the Eibach's are smooth as butter. Put them on my Dad's non SAS OBX and its smooth as can be.

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone tried the leveling kits from the regular sasquatch on the Hoss 3.0?

I have the zone offroad level kit on my FE. Its just a plate under the lower mount and a plate above the upper. Being the 3.0s will bolt in stock location, it would lead me to believe I could still use it when I change over to wildtrak take offs. (If I can find some)

This wouldnt change spring preload or piston position. Im planning to leave in if I can.
I've read mixed statements regarding this. I honestly am not sure what to tell you, hopefully someone can chime in on this.

Sponsored

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can also tell you the Eibach's are smooth as butter. Put them on my Dad's non SAS OBX and its smooth as can be.
That's encouraging! Between this and a perch collar lift I would prefer the springs.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the idea of this, and the price seems right and seems like a much better option than spacers or perch collar lifts. But I get nervous that longer springs will mess up the sweet spot of the Fox shocks travel. Is this something to worry about or am I over thinking this. I only say this cause I saw a guy mention this for the bilsteins, I attached it below. I would hate to be running off road and no longer be soaking up the terrain like it does now 🍻

QUOTED FROM ANOTHER THREAD
The problem with spring-only lift is that the sasquatch or badlands bilstein coilovers will no longer work as intended.
  • The bilsteins have 3 fixed dampening zones (normal ride range, compressed, and extended). The damping is increased at the extremes. Search "ESCV" for more info. Adding a 2.3" front spring lift will make it ride in the extended zone (pothole zone) instead of the normal ride zone. This abnormal damping may affect ride quality and shocks may fail prematurely due to excess heat.
  • Ford engineered the front suspension to have roughly 60% up-travel and 40% down-travel (rear is about 50:50). If you add a 2.3" spring-only lift, you will end up with ~88% up and ~12% down. You will only have ~1" of down-travel which is worse than many street-only cars, so expect poor control on washboard road.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the idea of this, and the price seems right and seems like a much better option than spacers or perch collar lifts. But I get nervous that longer springs will mess up the sweet spot of the Fox shocks travel. Is this something to worry about or am I over thinking this. I only say this cause I saw a guy mention this for the bilsteins, I attached it below. I would hate to be running off road and no longer be soaking up the terrain like it does now 🍻

The problem with spring-only lift is that the sasquatch or badlands bilstein coilovers will no longer work as intended.
  • The bilsteins have 3 fixed dampening zones (normal ride range, compressed, and extended). The damping is increased at the extremes. Search "ESCV" for more info. Adding a 2.3" front spring lift will make it ride in the extended zone (pothole zone) instead of the normal ride zone. This abnormal damping may affect ride quality and shocks may fail prematurely due to excess heat.
  • Ford engineered the front suspension to have roughly 60% up-travel and 40% down-travel (rear is about 50:50). If you add a 2.3" spring-only lift, you will end up with ~88% up and ~12% down. You will only have ~1" of down-travel which is worse than many street-only cars, so expect poor control on washboard road.
I think in this case you are more or less changing the spring rate to get the shocks back into their sweet spot due to increased weight at least if I am interpreting this thread properly.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think in this case you are more or less changing the spring rate to get the shocks back into their sweet spot due to increased weight at least if I am interpreting this thread properly.
That does make sense for the overlanding guys trying to maintain the original ride height, but some that might be using this as a lift is what I am concerned about. Not sure I would do overlanding like some, but I do some offroading and wouldn't mind a bit more of clearance.

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These are really good points. Maybe I'll just have to wait for a proper spacer lift to be developed? I don't know, I'm just deciding if my patience will run out and I'll just bite the bullet and get the perch collar lift and deal with those drawbacks instead.

Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice. I can't wait to do some of this.
Yup IMO Ford and Fox nailed the HOSS 3.0/Fox setup.

It felt so planted and if it wasn't for needing to slow down for the puddles/mud holes or wanting to be careful around blind corners it was begging for more. A lot of what I run is whooped out from quads which totally fuck up how the truck can handle those, but everything else it took like a champ. Super confidence inspiring.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup IMO Ford and Fox nailed the HOSS 3.0/Fox setup.

It felt so planted and if it wasn't for needing to slow down for the puddles/mud holes or wanting to be careful around blind corners it was begging for more. A lot of what I run is whooped out from quads which totally fuck up how the truck can handle those, but everything else it took like a champ. Super confidence inspiring.
Are you still running stock? Or is this the new springs that this tread is discussing? Thanks!

What camera you using, super steady with the movement of the Bronco 🍻

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you still running stock? Or is this the new springs that this tread is discussing? Thanks!

What camera you using, super steady with the movement of the Bronco 🍻
still stock since I don’t have any additional weight yet, just wanted to post it since there was a side discussion on how the wildtrak can actually perform offroad at speed in general.
It’s funny cause usually that camera is even more steady than that, it’s a hero 8 so old by todays standards and the mount was my dango design helmet gripper mount just gripping on the dash. That’s why it’s slowly rotating too haha. Going to setup a tripod GoPro mount in the accessory location if I ever wanted to do a shot like that again but this was super half assed.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

still stock since I don’t have any additional weight yet, just wanted to post it since there was a side discussion on how the wildtrak can actually perform offroad at speed in general.
It’s funny cause usually that camera is even more steady than that, it’s a hero 8 so old by todays standards and the mount was my dango design helmet gripper mount just gripping on the dash. That’s why it’s slowly rotating too haha. Going to setup a tripod GoPro mount in the accessory location if I ever wanted to do a shot like that again but this was super half assed.
Nice man, thanks for the clarification!

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any installed updates/reviews and before after pics?
Sponsored