Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you spoke w Tyler about your findings on the hoss 3.0 w bushing? To get his thought??
Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you wheel a BB bushing should be your first modification no matter what size tire you run. Once the factory bushing is damaged your slowly killing your rack. Think of it as a support preventing wear.

I think tire size is irrelevant, it's the constant shock loads while wheeling.
Good to know, thank you.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So far hoss 3.0 has functionality in my lower trim.

A new in the box hoss 1.0 will need to be programmed but should work (power steering only).
This may be true in some trim and later model years, however myself and Loren Healy both had to strong arm the steering for a while until this programming was sorted out....no assist at all with 3.0 rack before programming.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may be true in some trim and later model years, however myself and Loren Healy both had to strong arm the steering for a while until this programming was sorted out....no assist at all with 3.0 rack before programming.
I also had zero assist until programmed...I would not count on having any assist on an unprogrammed NIB rack...Snacktime is just lucky I guess! As @BigMeatsBronco has demonstrated, they can be driven in "Armstrong mode", so for a young strapping lad would work (not me tho). Other EPS racks I have installed in other vehicles are similar...some have assist out of the box, and some dont...it's kinda a crapshoot.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you wheel a BB bushing should be your first modification no matter what size tire you run. Once the factory bushing is damaged your slowly killing your rack. Think of it as a support preventing wear.

I think tire size is irrelevant, it's the constant shock loads while wheeling.
So when do you want to install mine? ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't thing the gap in the bushing is to let water out. Usually if you see that in a bushing it's because you don't trust the tolerances.
Correct, the water thing goes to the 1 person I read having water freeze inside their rack while parked. Ford sealed the crap out of this rack with silicone adhesive to seal the rack from the elements. If water gets past the boot the BB bushing will trap the fluid inside. Having dunked my bronco several times it was mud free inside my HOSS 3.0 when installing the bushing, my HOSS 1.0 has dirt/mud/grime inside it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct, the water thing goes to the 1 person I read having water freeze inside their rack while parked. Ford sealed the crap out of this rack with silicone adhesive to seal the rack from the elements. If water gets past the boot the BB bushing will trap the fluid inside. Having dunked my bronco several times it was mud free inside my HOSS 3.0 when installing the bushing, my HOSS 1.0 has dirt/mud/grime inside it.
So the dirt/mud/grime one did or did not have the BB bushing?

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the dirt/mud/grime one did or did not have the BB bushing?
My stock HOSS 1.0 rack had quite a bit of grime on the passenger side on the assist area. It was pretty surprising to find dirt since the rack only had 2k miles on it and only a couple of trail runs.
Sponsored