First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because for 14k more I can get exactly what I want vs saving the $ and being upset when I remember the things I really wanted on it but didn't feel like dropping more cash.

Based on my income, and life, 14k financed with a likely sub 3% APR isn't a big deal.
It's not about the money, it's about having a super cool high tech off-roader that's very well equipped. Heated mirrors, power everything, 8" screen, carplay, AC, disk brakes, good weather striping, etc.

Oh, and did I mention factory lockers, 4.70 (yes, 4.70!!!) gears with 35" tires and 400 FREAKIN' ft-lbs of torque). That was all crazy talk back in the early 80's.

My first Bronco was a '67 and a Base SAS will wheel all over it all day long and be SUPER comfortable. For me it harkens back to a simpler time when the wife and I were young and dumb and making out in the back of it.

Oh, one other thing, this car has ELECTIC wipers!!!! Those of us old timers remember the vacuum wiper days I'm sure.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must have built 50 different configurations from Base to Badlands...almost went with Base/Squatch for the price, but for not much more I went with with BD/Squatch w/mid package.

The nice thing about how Ford did all this is that we have so many choices...and that's a good thing!

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
easy

no mid package and I have been spoiled by my last few cars and I need/want some of the features in the mid. Also need the 4 door.

Also not getting Sasquatch package so yeah pretty easy for me to pass that build up but if it's what you want I am glad you can have it your way!

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My base 4-Door squatch build comes to just under $41k (just adding floor liners, switches, and keypad entry). I figure the 2.3 will be powerful enough to push that around. My next choice BD squatch comes to just over $50k - mainly because I'll add the mid-package because I can, and with all of the extra weight the 2.7 feels like the better choice. So we're talking a $9k difference that nets me a bunch of armor i don't need, MGV (i'd like), and the mid-package (would be nice but not needed after looking deeper at what the base still includes - remote start via the app and wireless carplay still there are probably most important). $9k savings is pretty significant, especially when i figure i can spend that on some fun accessories and some seat covers if i feel the need.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must have built 50 different configurations from Base to Badlands...almost went with Base/Squatch for the price, but for not much more with with BD/Squatch w/mid package for not too much more.

The nice thing about how Ford did all this is that we have so many choices...and that's a good thing!
Almost too many choices. I wish they had combined them like this:
  • Base/Big Bend
  • Black Diamond/Badlands
  • OBX/Wildtrak
The models on the right would just be packages.

Then, somehow, using fairy snot and unicorn farts, Ford could have offered a couple of elite options for paint and charged $1595 for a Dark Highland Green, let's say... :D

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
OK, but the trade in value will be based on $28K MSRP when you go to Carmax :)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I remember my 1977 CJ7 Jeep, now that was base think I bought it for under 1500 in the late 80s 🤪

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a bargain!
Ford Bronco How can you pass this up? 1612299869510

Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Literally my exact build (except I went with the standard bumper so that I can get an aftermarket one)

I'm going to add aftermarket Katzkin heated/cooled seats, aftermarket front and rear bumpers, aftermarket rock rails, quick swaybar disconnects, upgraded speakers, and a Ford warrantied tune. After all these mods, I think I'll be around $45-47k, but it will have a better interior, better audio, better off-road capability, and more power than any factory bronco.

The only things I'll miss are the 360 camera and Cactus Grey, but to get the Bronco I want with these options would run me literally another $15k so I'm good with this.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Through the FordPass app.
Man I need more info on this, I have never seen this mentioned before. Thought Remote start was locked to mid pack, not available to base.

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man I need more info on this, I have never seen this mentioned before. Thought Remote start was locked to mid pack, not available to base.
In order to do it from the key fob, it’s locked in mid. In the order guide for standard features on the base, it’s under the Ford Pass Connect section. I’ve seen some other threads on here where’s it been discussed for other Ford models. Huge advantage for still being available on Base for me, albeit via a slightly less convenient option.
Sponsored