Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Drove through 6ā€+ mud on the bronco driving experience course at Petersburg on these tires no problem:

Ford Bronco How did Goodyear get this contract B5EBF76F-6605-4A65-80B4-AD606AD23056

Maybe you just werenā€™t in deep enough mud ā€¦

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lowest bidder.
This^^^^^

Unfortunately itā€™s often the way it works. I have some background with this working for 3M Automotive Aftermarket Division for over 2 decades.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question and Iā€™m sorry if this is already been asked 20 times but when you get your bronco if you want to take the Sasquatch tires off and get different tires does the dealer give you any credit for the tires are you better off to go to discount tire and do it?
Usually no. You have to pay for the new and the full install and will be charged a disposal fee for the old, even though they are still new. Usually easier to sell them your self. I sold mine for $500 with 4500 on them. Somethingā€™s better than nothing.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Itā€™s a Badlands I added that sticker. Front and rear were engaged yes.

The Raptor R on KO2ā€™s pulled me out like it was nothing so Iā€™ll be switching to those
This tells me the tires were not the problem. Locked front and rear and stuck in 1/2" of mud but no mud thrown forward from the rear tires? the problem was behind the wheel, not what was on the wheels...

KO2's are trash in mud.

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to be honest. Iā€™m not hating on the OEM Goodyear tires at all at this point. Great on road manners, but off road itā€™s handled everything Iā€™ve thrown at it thus far. Uneven muddy terrain, light rocks, mud pits, etc. Iā€™ll end up with Nitto Ridge Grapplers for my replacement set, but the OEM Territory tires have been solid outside of how bad they chuck rocks.
Ford Bronco How did Goodyear get this contract B7D2F59F-6B51-43BE-991D-3ED6DCB0B10E

OP
OP

Sixtysixpride

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This tells me the tires were not the problem. Locked front and rear and stuck in 1/2" of mud but no mud thrown forward from the rear tires? the problem was behind the wheel, not what was on the wheels...

KO2's are trash in mud.
The KO2ā€™s got me out so like I said, anecdotal evidence but thatā€™s what seemed to work in the marsh the best.

I gave it the coal and it just sunk deeper down to about 6 inches so I gave up. Not sure what the spray pattern has to do with it

I can understand that everyoneā€™s a critic but I have more faith in the wise advice given to me by my Ford colleagues, some where it is their job to drive off-road, and will go with them before some keyboard critics

Sponsored

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The KO2ā€™s got me out so like I said, anecdotal evidence but thatā€™s what seemed to work in the marsh the best.

I gave it the coal and it just sunk deeper down to about 6 inches so I gave up. Not sure what the spray pattern has to do with it

I can understand that everyoneā€™s a critic but I have more faith in the wise advice given to me by my Ford colleagues, some where it is their job to drive off-road, and will go with them before some keyboard critics
I guarantee some of the "keyboard critics" have way more experience off road than your buddies at Ford. KO2's suck in mud and they suck in snow (at least the heavy, wet, sticky kind we get here).

But yeah, the KO2's got you out from a different spot than you were stuck in, on a different vehicle with a different size tire.

I am confused by how you got mud in your vent, there was about the same amount of mud on your Bronco that one would get from driving through one mudpuddle, far less than one would expect from someone who was stuck.

You sure this whole thing isn't just a flex that you have access to a Raptor R?

OP
OP

Sixtysixpride

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guarantee some of the "keyboard critics" have way more experience off road than your buddies at Ford. KO2's suck in mud and they suck in snow (at least the heavy, wet, sticky kind we get here).

But yeah, the KO2's got you out from a different spot than you were stuck in, on a different vehicle with a different size tire.

I am confused by how you got mud in your vent, there was about the same amount of mud on your Bronco that one would get from driving through one mudpuddle, far less than one would expect from someone who was stuck.

You sure this whole thing isn't just a flex that you have access to a Raptor R?
Valid I donā€™t know their whole background nor anyone here just theyā€™re on driving teams and Iā€™m not.

The interior was decently splattered as the windows had been down. Most of the mud did get caught by the flares and wheel wells.

And no I donā€™t come here to a Bronco forum to flex about an unrelated product. If I wanted to flex Iā€™d talk about how Iā€™m developing rear AC vents with Ford and Filson because thatā€™s been a hot topic weā€™ve been working on to better the customer per many discussions on this forum.

Shamalama86

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took the cost of buying KO2's into my order, because the early reviews on the Goodyears weren't glowing. it's what pushed me from a black diamond sasquatch into a badlands non-sas.

When my 33's run out, there will be a ton of Sasquatch suspension take-off's so i can self-squatch with 35" KO2 or KM3
Lol KO2s arenā€™t that much better

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Although the Goodyears did well at the off rodeao, I still to this day originally ordered a BL non-sas and picked the KO2s, then even the Braptor has KO2s. I will say, that most likely I will get another set of tires for off road park specific, if I travel far, the KO2s will work fine.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The GYs throw rocks. Otherwise they are solid. Good in snow, rain, great on road, quiet, balance very easily, good on rock, ok in mudā€¦very similar to other A/Ts there. Obviously they are thin as a C rated tire, and they will cut.
Was with you until this point. If mine were anything approaching quiet, it was for the first hundred miles. With about 7k miles (and one rotation) now they howl on the grooved concrete highways around here, far worse than K02s ever did on a JKU. I was prepared to like them, since they do have a lot going for them, but all the reports of "oh, you can't hear them over the wind noise after 40 mph" have proven untrue, in my case at least.
Sponsored