Sponsored

How do you clean & make the black parts look best?

OP
OP

ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
303 Aerospace da šŸ no šŸ§¢
If there was an award given by my 10 year o for best answer yours would have been number
This. Works really well, about the only thing I have found that will make the trim look new (and remove mud stains at the same time)
thank you I appreciate the info!
Same but after seeing that video Iā€™ll give cerakote a shot.
Iā€™m going to try it tooā€¦ happy to report back

OP
OP

ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP

ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I use a product from Jax Wax called Super Blue. It does a great job on the black plastic also the tires if you so choose. I have been using it since I had a 2013 Shelby GT500.
Thank you for the info!
This. Works really well, about the only thing I have found that will make the trim look new (and remove mud stains at the same time)
Just ordered thank you
303 Aerospace is amazing. I use it on my fender flares and it works great, isn't super greasy, and is easy to apply. Highly recommend!

I applied it to my fender flares just last week actually.

IMG_4554.jpeg
Looks awesome thanks for picā€¦ mine def looks like a mail truck compared to yours but Iā€™m excited to try the products and give mine a shine. I actually have some of your rec in the house so I will try that. Thank you!

Sponsored
OP
OP

ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
303 Aerospace is amazing. I use it on my fender flares and it works great, isn't super greasy, and is easy to apply. Highly recommend!

I applied it to my fender flares just last week actually.

IMG_4554.jpeg
Ps - also impressed by your clean garage. Would send you a pic of mine but I fear it would send you to Betty Ford.

OP
OP

ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ve used mothers back to black for years, think I might give cerakote a shot
Thank you, going to try cerakote too
Here ya go. I found the vid someone here sent me to. This is a great resource comparison and should help.

Cerakote for the win!
really appreciate you sharing the videoā€¦ great info. Cheers to Friday, thank you.
Cerakote Trim is by far the best that I have found. Easy on and it lasts! Apply it in the fall and spring and you are good to go. Works great on the OEM hard top too!

Amazon.com: CERAKOTEĀ® Ceramic Trim Coat Kit - Quick Plastic Trim Restorer - Ceramic Coating Black Trim Restoration to Last Over 200 Washes ā€“ A Ceramic Coating, Not a Dressing : Automotive
Thank youā€¦ just ordered. Appreciate the info.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
303 streaks when wet, Spray on Turtle wax doesn't last long.
I'll try the Cerakote, thanks,

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

303 streaks when wet
I've noticed after the rain that Back to Black will leave runs down the paint underneath the plastic (like doorhandles, the plastic trim panel between the doors and trail sights)

Hereā€™s a door handle
IMG_1835.jpeg

Last edited:

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use a stiff brush with ā€Back to Blackā€ to clean the flares and a smaller toothbrush for the door handles. When itā€™s dry, I use the Cerakote wipes on all black plastic. Have applied only once in a year and I am about to reapply. This stuff is VERY durable.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have another potential recommendation for you - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0007RVLT0?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

I just ordered this, and it should be here today. The feedback in the reviews is very positive, with lots of folks saying they've tried numerous products and this out performs them all.

I still swear by the 303 Aerospace product I recommended above, but I am going to give this a shot when it arrives. It's more of a gel than a spray.

Ford Bronco How do you clean & make the black parts look best? 1708009022115

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I use the aerospace 303 on my raft, sups, Drysuit gaskets. Itā€™s great stuff.

definitely look out for getting overspray on the polished smooth garage floor. It stays there for weeks and gets really slick when itā€™s gets wet.

probably best to go to the street or driveway to apply. Or spray onto a rag or soak a rag and wipe on.

Iā€™ll try the cerakote. I see it comes in a pack of wipes or a 4oz bottle for $50. How many wipes does it take to hit the flares/ hood deflector/ bumper/ roof rack?

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ve used Lexol Vinylex for years and have always been happy with the results.

Night Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch / Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll try the cerakote. I see it comes in a pack of wipes or a 4oz bottle for $50. How many wipes does it take to hit the flares/ hood deflector/ bumper/ roof rack?
If the vehicle is clean, maybe two or three tops. The wipes go further than you may expect.

Night Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch / Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a related note, I also use Armor All Tire Foam for the fender liners / wheel well. It's the only product that removes the red clay stain that appears after every outing even after pressure washing. I spray on the foam and let it sit overnight. Next morning, the liners looks nearly brand new and shiny black.
Sponsored