Sponsored

How do you like me now? Beautiful Area 51 / MIC Roof Combo- NOT BAD...

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man those 35's are stuffed in there, this thing needs a level/lift, then it's perfect. I am hoping the 2" lift is an option!

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is almost ok with A51 (and that red color in another thread) but it still matches NOTHING else on the Bronco.

So still struggling with how grey was ever green-lighted for this. And this is coming from a guy that loves grey - my current fleet of cars are silver, grey, and dark grey; travel trailer is dark grey; 2 of 4 bikes are grey; my vacation house is greyish colored; my beard is turning grey.... but still I don't like this.

Sponsored

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never had any issue with the gray roof, but I'm still back and forth on Area 51.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It is almost ok with A51 (and that red color in another thread) but it still matches NOTHING else on the Bronco.

So still struggling with how grey was ever green-lighted for this. And this is coming from a guy that loves grey - my current fleet of cars are silver, grey, and dark grey; travel trailer is dark grey; 2 of 4 bikes are grey; my vacation house is greyish colored; my beard is turning grey.... but still I don't like this.
My thoughts are that Ford wanted to distance the appearance from Jeep and to be able to up charge for the painted black/white/body color. Not a bad business model, but there no getting around the gray doesn't make this rig look the best it can.

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it just me or does that setup look like there is not enough clearance from the tire to the wheel well to go off road? Like every single rock or bump seems like that tire would rub

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My thoughts are that Ford wanted to distance the appearance from Jeep and to be able to up charge for the painted black/white/body color. Not a bad business model, but there no getting around the gray looks terrible.
I am pretty sure it is to make some buyers decide they have to upgrade from a Base for the ability to upgrade/option out the top. Jeep does that by restricting the base Sport to only get manual windows, door-locks, and a sad looking radio. But the base Bronco is actually pretty good other than this faded grey top (and riding on what appear to be 4 donuts with missing hubcaps - but wheels are easy fixes).

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am pretty sure it is to make some buyers decide they have to upgrade from a Base for the ability to upgrade/option out the top. Jeep does that by restricting the base Sport to only get manual windows, door-locks, and a sad looking radio. But the base Bronco is actually pretty good other than this faded grey top (and riding on what appear to be 4 donuts with missing hubcaps - but wheels are easy fixes).
Agree.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is it just me or does that setup look like there is not enough clearance from the tire to the wheel well to go off road? Like every single rock or bump seems like that tire would rub
It's dying for a lift.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like this better.

Overland6IMG_094223.jpg
This actually looks terrible to be honest lol. I hate this. To each their own. Maybe it’s because you painted the windows.