Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco got a WoolWax undercoating treatment to protect against those nasty road chemicals that rot our vehicles here in CT. WoolWax is made by the same company that makes FluidFilm. However, it is thicker and has no odor. I was surprised to hear that Dodge will void your warranty if you apply any undercoating. To those of you living in northern climates: How do you prep your Bronco for winter weather?

Ford Bronco How Do You Prep Your Bronco for Winter Weather? EE22DBD1-E0DA-4C88-805D-90E61EA97D96

Ford Bronco How Do You Prep Your Bronco for Winter Weather? F57AD34F-D1C3-4867-8365-2D298D8CC7AB

Ford Bronco How Do You Prep Your Bronco for Winter Weather? 4DC3558D-96AD-4DBB-9EE4-B843BB2DE9FC

Ford Bronco How Do You Prep Your Bronco for Winter Weather? B36E6569-8A8C-4975-A156-69313B3A9603
Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t have a Woolwax undercoated near me - curious how much did this cost you?

Also - have heard this negates the warranty cause the undercoating covers up some sensors but not sure?

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m truly baffled here. I would expect a factory Bronco to be able to withstand winter with no additional concerns.
Sure, try to rinse off salt when possible, but beyond that…it’s a truck, with a rust warranty.

OP
OP
Built Wild

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don’t have a Woolwax undercoated near me - curious how much did this cost you?

Also - have heard this negates the warranty cause the undercoating covers up some sensors but not sure?
I purchased 1 gallon of clear Woolwax from Amazon for approx. $60 and our mechanic applied it for $250. He applied it inside every single frame hole, door hole, etc. One gallon was enough to coat my Bronco and also do a reapplication on my husband's Ranger.

I recall reading something on here about a sensor or intake on top of a gas tank getting covered by undercoating and the dealership refusing to repair it under warranty. I don't recall the outcome of that situation. We've used FluidFilm in the past and have never had any issues with it covering any sensors.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your husband’s lucky to have a woman like you, being so thoughtful

subbed to see the comments

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Purchased Fluid Film on Amazon. Planned to manually do it myself. Never got to it because it was in the auto-body shop getting repaired because of a deer. Got it back week of Thanksgiving, was too cold up her in MN to apply the Fluid Film.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I applied about 5 cans of CRC to the underside and frame (sans the skidplates) of mine. Thinking I will do a professional application next year. Pretty much just sprayed it where I would reach without lifting my badlands no-sas. Truck smelled like a crayon for like 2 weeks, and some components do show a beige, but hardly noticeable, tint.
Amazon.com: CRC 06026 Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor, 10 Wt Oz (6 Pack) : Automotive

Utilized this to help immensely with spray application: Amazon.com: Can-Gun1 2012 Premium Can Tool Aerosol Spray : Everything Else

Put on the 21offroad front mudflaps. Aiming to put on the rear but need a better socket to remove the rear recovery hoops. I believe these are the same as the Mabett mudflaps.
21 Offroad No Drill Mudflaps (Front AND Rear) - 2021+ Bronco – StickerFab

And das it (y)

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've just got a car wash pass to the local touch-less car wash that has under body sprayers, and rinse it off once it twice a week on the way home from work. 👍

Sponsored

stimeyjacob

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1997 F250, 1975 Firebird, 1987 Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used a couple cans of Corrosion-X on the underside of mine. Seems to be holding up so far

OP
OP
Built Wild

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Built Wild

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m truly baffled here. I would expect a factory Bronco to be able to withstand winter with no additional concerns.
Sure, try to rinse off salt when possible, but beyond that…it’s a truck, with a rust warranty.
Truck frames rust out big time here in the Northeast. Since we keep our vehicles until they die, the undercoating is preventative maintenance which will hopefully lead to vehicle longevity!

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Upon the first salt or brine application, I plan to close the garage door on the Bronco and start daily driving the ‘09 Silverado that has fluid film. I elected soft top knowing this was my plan all along. I’m gonna miss the heated seats and steering wheel. I personally work underneath my cars and anyone who thinks this whole salt/brine thing is a joke, you’ve never been under a 4 year old salt belt car. Take a stink over to the South Main Auto Channel on YouTube, if you’re a car nut, it will hurt your soul to see what the road acid does to the underside of a vehicle.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t try to understand it, I put this in the same boat as the guys who swear by fuel additives. If rust protection floats your boat then great, but I wouldn’t feel pressure to get a professional treatment.

I took a bone stock 98 Ranger to 250k miles in the same mid-Atlantic winters as OP. You will be fine with an occasional wash.
Sponsored

Last edited: