Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where I live, we use volcanic rock on the roads for traction so there aren't any corrosive materials to worry about. Combine that with the year-round dry air and rust isn't really a problem. Even junkyard cars are in surprisingly good shape.
Sponsored

goneAWOL

Outer Banks
First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 DRW, 2021 Bronco 2.7L 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only Fill her up, and start driving to Mexico.....

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Move to Texas!
Ford Bronco How Do You Prep Your Bronco for Winter Weather? A5BBAF64-BDB9-4413-91D5-2E27A894A9E4

USABRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m truly baffled here. I would expect a factory Bronco to be able to withstand winter with no additional concerns.

Sure, try to rinse off salt when possible, but beyond that…it’s a truck, with a rust warranty.
I've heard that," if not applied correctly, water can get behind the undercoating and cause the surface to oxidize/ rust, much faster.... not sure how true that is though.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lemme see... -25* windshield washer fluid, windshield ice scraper, a blanket, couple of bottles of water, granola/power bars, flashlight+spare batteries, flares, replace wiper blades, and my bugout bag (full change of clothes, knife, hat, fleece jacket, waterproof hiking boots, Gore-Tex jacket, water purifier, 100ft of paracord).

For my non-Bronco, put on winter snow tires.

That's all I do...

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

spray fluid film and surface sheild using undercoating gun. Takes a hour each year. Sprayed 2014 steel body f150 every year and zero rust before I sold last year. Getting into frame rails and rocker panels is most important
However much it helps, it can't hurt, so why not if you want to spend the time! Besides, you're checking out the condition of your car periodically this way, and thats always a good thing, and by a careful owner!

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How often do you need to apply this protective coating to vehicle? Like once a year?

OP
OP
Built Wild

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How often do you need to apply this protective coating to vehicle? Like once a year?
We apply the WoolWax once a year. It’s also available in aerosol spray cans if you want a DIY project. It’s nice not having to worry about rinsing off the road chemicals after every winter storm.

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
The shop that applied my fluid film told me that the product should last 3-5 years depending on the number of underbody flushes I get when going through the car wash. The discounted annual reapplication is so cheap because it’s more for just spot touch ups.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have used Fluid Film on all my trucks , and now the Bronco. Driving through salt water on the roads really destroys frames quickly.
Undercarriage protection isnt just for cold winter climatesđź‘Ť

My 10 year old Subaru STi was Very rusted(front and rear subframe, oiled pan rusted through, etc) just from driving through saltwater puddles on the way to my fishing spots In spring, summer, fall In NY. My Bronco will be on the sand so I did Surface Sheild coating myself

Anyone taking their Bronco on the beach might have some extra peace of mind doing a coating. Road salt and chemical brine make it worse.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1. Open Garage Door
2. Pull into Garage
3. Close Garage Door

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Years ago I got into the annual autumn routine of wiping all the rubber door seals with a light coat of liquid (spray) silicone. Goes a long way in preventing that problem.
Does anyone else apply a lubricant on there rubber seals to decease the chance of door/windows sticking or freezing shut ?

And what do you use ?

Thanks

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.verifythis.com/article/...heck/536-8bf406d7-194c-4ca0-a06d-d1d56006e5d9

I think this is a good place for this article. Why you shouldn't let your Bronco idle a long time to warm up. Personally I use a de-icer spray to help the windows. It's also a great help for stuck windows/doors.
LOL, nothing like driving around with your windshield all fogged up, trying to see through a small hole you keep on clearing with a glove, for 5 minutes waiting for your engine to come up to temp. I'll choose my long term health, and those around me, over my engine.
Sponsored