Sponsored

how does 2-door Bronco handle high winds?

KitCarson3

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm wondering how the 2-door Bronco handles high winds? Getting close to buying a used one and hadn't thought about this till yesterday - we had really high winds in Virginia yesterday and a 2-door Wrangler I was in was all over the road. If the 2-door Bronco is similar then I'm going to opt for the longer wheelbase. Appreciate any input - Kit
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As good as a toaster can!

The handling characteristics are much more similar to a “car”. The IFS is tight, responsive and a mile ahead of any Jeep.

That being said, the 4DRs wheelbase will be a tad bit better than the 2DR for stability.

Personally, I’ve driven 100,000kms while experiencing 60km/30mph winds, on bad camber ice roads, hauled a camper through mountainous gravel switchbacks and never once thought “I’d be better off with a 4DR”.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How often are you going to be driving through hurricanes? If the wind is strong enough, it's not going to matter what model you're in. I wouldn't base my purchase decision of this specific situation.

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco 2dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How fast do you want to go and how high a winds… lol. I notice a bit of sway at high speeds. Short wheel base, lifted… I think the IFS really helps.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Live in the Appellations. High winds yesterday as well. No issues with my 2 door at 75 mph...

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wildtrak model with hoss3, SAS.

70mph with both headwinds and crosswinds of 25-40mph without issue. A lot better than I expected. I came from a tiny sports car with good aero and it wasn’t much different.

I did need to adjust my hood supports to keep the hood from wiggling around.

mpg tanked.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tie a rather hefty rope to the rear bumper on mine whenever it is parked outside so strong winds can’t blow it away. So far so good.

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering how the 2-door Bronco handles high winds? Getting close to buying a used one and hadn't thought about this till yesterday - we had really high winds in Virginia yesterday and a 2-door Wrangler I was in was all over the road. If the 2-door Bronco is similar then I'm going to opt for the longer wheelbase. Appreciate any input - Kit
I drove my 2 door Badlands Sasquatch in the windy Shenandoah Valley VA area earlier in the week, with winds gusting near 50mph.. It gets pushed around more than a car, but it was no big deal. My Cummins Ram was worse in the wind.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It blows around a little in high wind situations of a freeway sometimes. But I think you can handle it :)

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove my 2 door Badlands Sasquatch in the windy Shenandoah Valley VA area earlier in the week, with winds gusting near 50mph.. It gets pushed around more than a car, but it was no big deal. My Cummins Ram was worse in the wind.
Same comments - gusting 40+ mph at various times in New England yesterday. Definitely feel it at 75 mph on the highway when in open areas or passing power lines or other forest/landscape "cuts" where wind is funneled.....but same feeling with my wife's 4Runner. Just need to pay attention as you would with any car in those conditions

2 Door BL non-SAS
Sponsored