First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most of us still remember when a man's word was good. You seem to be ok with a changing narrative. Your handle makes total sense now.
I want to know when they told you that dealer allocations and various other factors were non-factors. When did they ever say that reservation order is the sole factor in determining who’s order gets built?

they never did and they were pretty clear from the beginning that time stamp is one factor, not the only factor.

Sounds like you are making up your own Karen narrative and making things black and white to justify your stance.
Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to give my experience through all of this.

I decided I wanted to get a bronco in late Oct 2021. I did a lot of reading up on the different models and options. I did the build I wanted ( so I thought at the time ) and submitted to my dealership on 10/29/21. The next day on the 30th I went in to talk things over and get the build finalized and submitted. I discovered then that they wanted $5000 over MSRP ( After previously buying 2 vehicles from them ). I spent much of Halloween emailing dealerships in my state to see who was charging over MSRP and who was not. The dealership that wanted over MSRP was Yankee Ford in South Portland Maine.

On 11/3 I went into Casco Bay Ford in Yarmouth ME to submit the build I wanted. I got an agreed upon MSRP pricing in writing. Everything was entered and I got my confirmation email from Ford a few hrs later. On 10/15 I submitted some build changes for things I had wanted to change on my build and it was put in as a priority code 19. Those changes where done and I then settled on waiting until early summer to early fall before taking delivery of the Bronco I ordered from what I had been reading everywhere. On 11/18 I got my scheduled build email from Ford for the week of 1/24/22.

This is the build I went with

2 Door Velocity Blue Outer Banks
Modular Bumper
Lux Package
Locking rear diff
Aux switch's
2.7L Engine.
4A option.
That's a sweet build and a SCORE for you! I admit, the fact that you are getting a 2 door built is shocking (and with supposed constraints). I thought most of the builds getting built from orders off the street were 4 door soft tops. I didn't reserve till July 2021, so I'm not as invested as most others here.

Out of curiosity, did you ask Casco Bay Ford how many orders they had that had not been built yet and what their allocation was? Either before or after your order was placed.

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, a very kind soul on this forum has found me 2 broncos with my exact build on lots in various cities up for sale. One has a monster adm and the other I’m waiting to hear back on.

How does THAT happen?! I have a very basic build, they have my build down to the color, and it gets shipped there and I don’t get pulled.

It is driving me insane.

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 SVT Terminator Cobra, Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's a sweet build and a SCORE for you! I admit, the fact that you are getting a 2 door built is shocking (and with supposed constraints). I thought most of the builds getting built from orders off the street were 4 door soft tops. I didn't reserve till July 2021, so I'm not as invested as most others here.

Out of curiosity, did you ask Casco Bay Ford how many orders they had that had not been built yet and what their allocation was? Either before or after your order was placed.
I did ask about allocations and for more or less they said it does not really matter, I don't really understand the whole allocation thing so I didn't press further and apparently it didn't really matter in my case anyway. I also asked about how many people were ahead of me with orders and she said there were a lot of reservations ahead of me that had yet to receive a build date.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, a very kind soul on this forum has found me 2 broncos with my exact build on lots in various cities up for sale. One has a monster adm and the other I’m waiting to hear back on.

How does THAT happen?! I have a very basic build, they have my build down to the color, and it gets shipped there and I don’t get pulled.

It is driving me insane.
We are all victims of Ford's allocation system. Big dealers are more important than customers.

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did ask about allocations and for more or less they said it does not really matter, I don't really understand the whole allocation thing so I didn't press further and apparently it didn't really matter in my case anyway. I also asked about how many people were ahead of me with orders and she said there were a lot of reservations ahead of me that had yet to receive a build date.
Thanks for the info. FWIW, a lot of us think we understand the allocation system, but we really have no clue I think.

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 SVT Terminator Cobra, Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the info. FWIW, a lot of us think we understand the allocation system, but we really have no clue I think.
There seems to be so many variables that there's not really any way to make sense of who's going to get an build date and when and for what reasons. Size of the dealer, how many allocations, build commodity restraints. I've seen everything from doing all the right builds with a larger dealer and not getting a build date and going against the grain on everything and getting a build date. I know I very well may be pushed back from my 1/24/22 build week but at least I'm in the system and they can only kick that can down the road for so long before it makes it's way down the assembly line

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is driving me insane.
I can relate......only mine wasn't a basic build. The first one I saw was demo in Canada.

6SpeedBowtie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Corvette, Sierra, MGB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been thinking about my frustration and stress about this situation that Ford has created in this process and literally my mind was set at ease reading your post. There’s no logic. It’s literally a lottery. @Ford Motor Company doesnt care bc they have all of the cards.
The way this process is going, this may be my one and only Ford purchase. I have owned many GM trucks, and was thinking about giving the F-150 a try, but the longer this goes on, and the more of this I see, the more I talk myself out of the Ford Truck.

What I don't think Ford really understands is that the Bronco was a conversion vehicle. There are a lot of people who typically buy other brands that are giving Ford a try. The disaster that has been the Bronco launch, followed by the Hard Top issues and potential 2.7 engine issues, will drive away a generation of potential customers. Not good.

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want to know when they told you that dealer allocations and various other factors were non-factors. When did they ever say that reservation order is the sole factor in determining who’s order gets built?

they never did and they were pretty clear from the beginning that time stamp is one factor, not the only factor.

Sounds like you are making up your own Karen narrative and making things black and white to justify your stance.
I wouldn't say they made it clear from the beginning. But I have to be honest I can't blame Ford because they have tried to be transparent, although would've liked if they explained the whole allocation a little better.

10/2/2020 (although they didn't say the timestamp was the only factor, but I think the whole "reservation timestamp" mentioned made alot of people put a lot of weight on it) :
Ford Bronco How is this possible?! Screenshot_20211122-213314~2

12/15/2020 (first time I saw reference to allocation being a factor, but would've been helpful to understand it a little more when selecting the dealers) :

Ford Bronco How is this possible?! Screenshot_20211122-213540~2

Sponsored

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't say they made it clear from the beginning. But I have to be honest I can't blame Ford because they have tried to be transparent, although would've liked if they explained the whole allocation a little better.

10/2/2020 (although they didn't say the timestamp was the only factor, but I think the whole "reservation timestamp" mentioned made alot of people put a lot of weight on it) :
Screenshot_20211122-213314~2.png

12/15/2020 (first time I saw reference to allocation being a factor, but would've been helpful to understand it a little more when selecting the dealers) :

Screenshot_20211122-213540~2.png
That’s because they quietly changed the Terms and Conditions after initial reservations went in.

Ford could make the right PR move and stick by original reservation holders. They created the reservation system and continued to let reservations roll in for nearly two years. Ford also never removed the dealer choice option from the reservation system during that time. instead they let the reservations continue to roll in. They knew in the first 24 hours what they were dealing with and had ample opportunity to make changes to the system.

They should draw a line in the sand and fulfill original reservation holder orders first. Give the complaining dealers a few soft top units that aren’t in the reservation holder list, but otherwise prioritize reservation holder cars first. That would be the customer service focused way to handle it.

Instead Ford has sent a clear message to everyone that tried in good faith (and money) to reserve a product - you don’t matter.
Sponsored