Sponsored

How long do you plan to own your new Bronco?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Until my early res comes in.
I'm waiting for a VIN on my 7/20/20 res and will sell my 2022 Bronco to my adult daughter once my early res comes in sometime next year. The funny part is I am holding out for the MIC top and won't need when it finally gets here as my wife and I will be spending 6 months in Florida each winter starting in October of 2023. When I made the reservation I had 3 more Minnesota winters remaining and by the time it gets delivered I could easily be in my last month or two of MN winters.

I'll likely sell the hard top off my 2023 Bronco or give it to my daughter. :)
Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are all buying, basically, a first year vehicle... with problems and growing pains. Knowing that, I'll likely keep it 4 years or 150,000 miles, which ever comes first. Hopefully, in that 4 years, Ford's Solid State battery tech is in their vehicles... and if so, that's what I'll replace it with: A solid state EV Ford Bronco.
They are close....
Solid State batteries are safer, lighter, and recharge super fast. But, are still in development.
The Hummer weighs 9,000 pounds as a traditional EV. That's just too heavy for an offroad vehicle and it will likely kill anyone it collides with on the highways.... Let's hope a Hummer never catches fire in traffic.... We need better battery safety and Ford's Solid State will likely be the answer.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

šŸ‘» ā˜ 

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We tend to keep vehicles a long time, and this will likely be no exception. Donā€™t have it yet, hoping to have it within a month or less šŸ¤ž

OP
OP

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We tend to keep vehicles a long time, and this will likely be no exception. Donā€™t have it yet, hoping to have it within a month or less šŸ¤ž
Well, I hope yours arrives earlier than expected.

Sponsored

wally

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At least 12 years!! Thats how long I kept my 74 Bronco!! would have kept it longer but needed a camper.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since COVID-19 has changed the way we do things, and how companies are affected by production delays due to shortages of upstream parts, (failures to produce in spec parts), I have been wondering about my Bronco, and how long I will want to hang on to it. It would be good to know how other owners feel right now about the build and quality of their Broncos. Do you think it will hold up for 10 years without major issues? Will they hold their value longer due to production shortfalls?
Iā€™ll let you know when I get one šŸ¤£.

MIBronco21

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plan to keep it indefinitely. In process of building it, and want to keep it as an off road toy for a long time. Have a pre-order in for the Fox coilover lift. Have RCVā€™s for the front axle waiting to put in with the lift. Have a front bumper and winch on it. Waiting for a rear bumper with a swing away spare tire carrier to come to market for a 37ā€ spare.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonā€™t ever get rid of mine. Will just buy a newer one at some point.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Plan to keep it indefinitely. In process of building it, and want to keep it as an off road toy for a long time. Have a pre-order in for the Fox coilover lift. Have RCVā€™s for the front axle waiting to put in with the lift. Have a front bumper and winch on it. Waiting for a rear bumper with a swing away spare tire carrier to come to market for a 37ā€ spare.
@srqfabrications makes what youā€™re looking for. Hopefully getting mine installed the end of this month.

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm telling myself five years, but if life circumstances change or if someone offers a crazy amount for it, I might let it go sooner.

MIBronco21

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@srqfabrications makes what youā€™re looking for. Hopefully getting mine installed the end of this month.
Yes, I saw that. Itā€™s definitely an option. Iā€™m waiting to see what DV8 comes out with. It should be coming to market soon. I have the ADD rock crawler front bumper, so hoping itā€™ll look similar.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll most likely give mine back to the dealer after the 4 year lease is over...I have a 37-48 month maintenance plan..and then maybe pick up a used 150..

MIBronco21

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm telling myself five years, but if life circumstances change or if someone offers a crazy amount for it, I might let it go sooner.
I also ordered the SRQ rock sliders months ago. They are out for delivery, and should be here Friday!
Sponsored