Sponsored

How many dropped the tow? Made a difference?

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had exact same experience. Dropped immediately when I got the Ford email saying to remove it if I wanted to get Bronco faster and now have 5/23.
I dropped mine 1.5 months ago and then MIC 3 weeks ago...got a build date last week. Not sure if it was one or the other or both.
Sponsored

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dropped the tow back in November on a BD 2.7 Mid, no MIC - and had a build date in 2 weeks. It is hard to ask about the tow option and its result without knowledge of other options that may be delaying otherwise the build.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I recently dropped the towing package out of desperation. I know full well that it probably doesn't make a difference. I see Broncos everywhere with the tow package, retail, dealer lots, doesn't matter.

But my 7/19 reservation has not budged, and I will not give up a hard top. So I'm either going to get a VIN soon or I'm going to switch my order to another four letter that doesn't start with F.
So no Fiat?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Adding a hitch is a far cry from the complex 7 pin wiring that Ford charges for.
I’m never going to be pulling anything with it but I get what you’re saying.

N2AK

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st gen 4runner, 1990 Toyota xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kept the tow, built 1/07, delivered 3/17

Sponsored

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Within two weeks of dropping tow, my build was scheduled. It's on the way to CA by rail as we speak!

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Three weeks ago I dropped the tow option on my 2 door OBX (2.7, lux, leather) and just saw through the back door that I now have a build date of 5/23 (Reservation 8/30/20). I was wondering if I needlessly dropped the tow since I noticed that a lot of rigs are being built with that opton. I was wondering how many of you dropped the tow and if you believe that made a difference.
For everyone who drops tow, someone with the tow package will get built.

I've got a 2 door with Lux and tow that got scheduled for 2/8, built on 2/22, shipped and delivered on 3/17 or 3/18 to the dealer.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordered without tow, base Black Diamond 2 door 2.3 man. 14 weeks order to delivery here in Boise... pretty sure that's a record here and proof my commodity based order theories WORKED! Here is an edit on our specs and details...

Jpdisco

Badlands
First Name
Jean-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Three weeks ago I dropped the tow option on my 2 door OBX (2.7, lux, leather) and just saw through the back door that I now have a build date of 5/23 (Reservation 8/30/20). I was wondering if I needlessly dropped the tow since I noticed that a lot of rigs are being built with that opton. I was wondering how many of you dropped the tow and if you believe that made a difference.
Reservation date July 14 here-

I didn’t drop any options but did add the Lux package to my order last October. Mine was built March 19th and should be arriving next week.
Keep in mind when you change your order you no longer have MSRP price protection. My $2500 add on ended up costing me $5050, which I didn’t know until last week.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dropped mine a couple months ago....got picked up for scheduling a couple days after. Blend date was last week!

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My friend, whose order is through my same dealer, dropped the tow package back in late November or early December........didn't make a difference at all, no production scheduled yet. He has a mid-model, mid-trim, mid-everything.......but does have the 2-door ordered. I think the dealer allocation shit-show along with the 2-door and MIC top constraints are really what is more in play in this particular case.

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dropped tow and MIC twice attempting to get build date. Nothing.

Think we need to look at full build, res date and dealer allocation to be good reference. Don't think dropping tow by itself makes much difference.

Model: Badlands
SAS: Yes
Res: 20-Oct-2020
  • Many still not built from July-Sept 2020. These folks should get before anyone else.
  • @Ford Motor Company
Ord: 19-Mar-2021
Top: Soft (Dropped MIC)
Trim: Lux
Seats: Leather w/Power
Bumper: Stock (Dropped modular)
Add Ons:
  • Dropped tow
  • Never had paint film

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I reserved 10/2020, WT, LUX, MIC and tow. Finally gave in and I dropped MIC and Tow in Jan. Blend date 3/23, built and waiting for delivery. Not sure how much allocations played in getting built, there's no information from FMC to help decipher the magic configuration to get what you want built quicker. Good luck.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So no Fiat?
Lol...good one, you got me there! But isn't it actually Stellanis?

My current "Fiat" has 100k with no major issues :cool: (of course I probably just cursed it)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m never going to be pulling anything with it but I get what you’re saying.
Don't get me wrong, I agree and in the same boat. But there are people out there that don't know any better, there are also states that require seven pin as low as 1,500 lbs (mine included).

So when people post that it's easy and simple to add tow afterwards, it's just not correct and can be misinforming other users.
Sponsored