Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

here in Vegas...we will have a choice between a craps table and/or roulette wheel, after all the configurations/orders are in the dealer's hands you have to "win" your place in which order to have your Bronco built!:LOL:
Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No doubt that Granger is doing what they can for us, but unfortunately for those of with trades, that trade in value could make the difference. In Wisconsin, we only pay sales tax on the difference between trade value and purchase price, so selling privately usually isn’t worth it on a vehicle that is worth $20K and up.
Same in Texas.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

.....but does everyone believe that Ford is going to allow all 165,000 reservations holders to place their orders in December? That would be a logistical nightmare and simply doesn't make sense.

It seems more likely that, a couple of months before your build date, Ford will notify the dealership that you are eligible to convert your reservation to an order. The dealership will then contact you and input your desired specifications into the system.

Considering the fact that new reservations will be delivered in 2022, I cannot believe that Ford will accept these orders in December 2020.

I could be wrong, but willing to bet that I'm not. ?
I agree. Maybe Ford will set order dates by reservation date or number.
Early registrants can order in December, later registrants will order later..... maybe January, February, March, etc.

I don't see the reason someone who reserved on Sept 1st, who may not see delivery until after Jan 2022, would be expected to place their order over one year in advance.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I'm an idiot, but does everyone believe that Ford is going to allow all 165,000 reservations holders to place their orders in December? That would be a logistical nightmare and simply doesn't make sense.

It seems more likely that, a couple of months before your build date, Ford will notify the dealership that you are eligible to convert your reservation to an order. The dealership will then contact you and input your desired specifications into the system.

Considering the fact that new reservations will be delivered in 2022, I cannot believe that Ford will accept these orders in December 2020.

I think it would be more of a logistical nightmare if they did't do it this way. If they give say a one month window (like December) for all customers with reservations to work with their dealer to finalize their order, and dealers to submit the orders, they are able to sort by reservation number to fulfill them in order of when the reservation was originally placed.

If they don't do this, they will have to either leap frog some order fulfillment estimates (causing delays to already provided estimated deliveries) or put them in some kind of other sequential order based on when the dealer submits the order.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it would be more of a logistical nightmare if they did't do it this way. If they give say a one month window (like December) for all customers with reservations to work with their dealer to finalize their order, and dealers to submit the orders, they are able to sort by reservation number to fulfill them in order of when the reservation was originally placed.

If they don't do this, they will have to either leap frog some order fulfillment estimates (causing delays to already provided estimated deliveries) or put them in some kind of other sequential order based on when the dealer submits the order.
Here is Fords answer to the question

Ford Bronco How will ordering work in December? 1599258048842

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Several reasons:

Lack of ownership (nothing to show for at end of lease)
Interest rates are hidden within leases and are way higher than on regular car loans
Mileage limits
If you have equity between residual value and market value, that's yours to use as trade in. Leases aren't that bad. Depends on vehicle you're leasing.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GREAT QUESTIONS:

You can get pre approved but financing will be handled at delivery..

Yes that is the time that the sale price and trade in valuations are handled

Go with the dealership that will work with you and fit your needs...

Many forum members have reached out to me about Granger Ford and would do business but have a great relationship with their local dealer...we understand and accept that fact...
So the trade value at that time? How does that work if the delivery is months away? Will you stand by the value at that time?

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe I'm an idiot, but does everyone believe that Ford is going to allow all 165,000 reservations holders to place their orders in December? That would be a logistical nightmare and simply doesn't make sense.

My dealer sent a blast email stating ordering would take place Mar 2021. Not sure what that looks like for taking delivery...

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree. Maybe Ford will set order dates by reservation date or number.
Early registrants can order in December, later registrants will order later..... maybe January, February, March, etc.

I don't see the reason someone who reserved on Sept 1st, who may not see delivery until after Jan 2022, would be expected to place their order over one year in advance.
I placed my reservation Aug 12, got an email from my dealer ordering will be Mar 2021.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
So take me that keeps a vehicle 1 -2 years, drives 6 to 10k per year and can rent (lease) without the fear of depreciation...

If it holds value then I can sell it and recoup the extra $$

So how it is bad I ask again?

In my early years as an accountant the saying was rent what depreciates and own what appreciates..
My favorite lease story-Back in early 2000's Saturn sold cars at a fixed price-you paid the MSRP. When they couldn't dump enough cars they started offering super low leases with little out of pocket. To make the numbers work they simply lowered the MSRP on leases. If you purchased outright $13.500. Lease and buyout $12,000. On lease terms always look at the net capitalized cost. Add back any down payment and/or trade. That is your purchase price.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the trade value at that time? How does that work if the delivery is months away? Will you stand by the value at that time?
We cannot bid the vehicle at the tome we order as they will be 6+months out and tgat is not feasible.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our state is only when traded in, I have sold many of my own vehicles and did not get any credit towards the newly titled one...

The transactions were handled in person, at the same time in the DMV...

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is Fords answer to the question

Ford Bronco How will ordering work in December? 1599258048842
SO, I know its been answered before but I cannot dig through the posts -- what is the estimated monthly production output of Ford on this vehicle?
Sponsored