Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% agree.

The giant popup is objectively terrible UX, it's huge, laggy and pointless. The numbers on the screen would be fine if they didn't consume 8 inches of my dashboard while having no apparent or useful relationship with the speed at which I'm actually turning the knob.

I and the other people who ordered a $60,000+ vehicle advertising a feature that we never received are entitled to feel slighted. Especially when the people before and after get it. The people joining a thread in the bronco forums about climate knobs just to pontificate on how silly they think the opinions of others are should do some serious soul searching.

Obviously ford isn't primarily a software development company, but they should try learn from the mistakes other players have made in the past. Apple and Google learned long ago that animations just for the sake of having them create a horrible user experience. Remember when camera phones would pretend to close a shudder whenever you took a picture? Yikes.
Someone suggested attempting to use forscan to change it. I assume it's not something forscan related so much as the code itself? I can open developer options and tweaking animations on phones, but I have yet to find anyone doing anything to that extent to the bronco.

Also, more financially able to recover from a bricked phone to a bricked bronco... All for essentially a pop up ad? Meh. I'll get used to it. Again, minor annoyance. Curious to know what others constitute as a minor annoyance...
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here's a '23 that has hit the lot for verification in incredible and vibrant Azure Gray (Rick's secret favorite color).

Screenshot_20221202-212702.png

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow!! 12 pages with absolutely no real information...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow!! 12 pages with absolutely no real information...
How is there no real information? The title of the post has already been proven lol

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
son-of-a-bitch-christmas-story.gif

To eBay I go!

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping I’ll be able to order just the digital knobs themselves without having to replace the larger component-body they’re plugged in to.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hoping I’ll be able to order just the digital knobs themselves without having to replace the larger component-body they’re plugged in to.
It’s all one piece. They aren’t available separately

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've learned that using the 12" screen is just as easy as using the knobs to see temp. Not sure what the hype is, but to me it doesn't matter.

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've learned that using the 12" screen is just as easy as using the knobs to see temp. Not sure what the hype is, but to me it doesn't matter.
Yup, I don’t have the temp on the knobs in my f-150 with the 12” screen and I’ve never once thought that they are needed. It’s easy enough to see the temp on the screen as you turn the knobs.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right on. I get it though. Some love it some can live without it. To each their own.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Excuse my ignorance. Why is a temp read out on controls a huge deal? Its like having two different zones on passenger and driver. It doesnt matter. Turn the dial till comfortable. Lol
Sponsored