Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here. My wife will drive my brother's Bronco in a few weeks when we fly to PR. If she doesn't like it, we'll get another Wrangler. The only change she wants is for it to be an automatic.

I am torn between the coolness factor of the Bronco and the reliability of the Wrangler (you know the Bronco's reliability is bad when someone can call a Wrangler reliable...)
It's funny my wrangler has been amazing to me. Sure there have been some hiccups with it but it isn't a lemon. It has been a joy to be in that car. Have a 2 door so we took the back seats out to let the dogs have space. Other than the 2015's have a sound system issue where the sound system literally just dies (its a chip internally that would need to be reglued and I'm way too lazy to fix it) that car has been my pride to drive around in.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's funny my wrangler has been amazing to me. Sure there have been some hiccups with it but it isn't a lemon. It has been a joy to be in that car. Have a 2 door so we took the back seats out to let the dogs have space. Other than the 2015's have a sound system issue where the sound system literally just dies (its a chip internally that would need to be reglued and I'm way too lazy to fix it) that car has been my pride to drive around in.
We love our 2012 too. I got the super basic sport with crank windows because I knew I wanted light doors to take them off as much as possible. It only has 36k miles so it can go on for many years and pulls our boat with ease. I like that I can mod it to make it my own. I wanted a good balance between a daily driver and off roading machine (although I don't get to go off road as much as I want to.
I replaced all the speakers with the Kicker upgrade, added TrueTrac limited slip differentials front and rear, Artec trusses on both diferentials, sound insulated the interior (kinda useless on a soft top...) front and rear hitch and 12v connections for a removable 12k lbs winch I keep in the garage on a hitch cradle. Cheap Sahara wheels and tires to keep it looking up to date, LED everything.
I think I paid around $23k 10 years ago and can likely get close to that when I sell it... There are not many vehicles that can beat that.
Ford Bronco I feel bad I priced a JEEP 1649424446708

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of folks have done that - myself included. I test drove a Wrangler 4xe but all that did was confirmed I made the right choice with my Bronco, and the wait will be worth it.

I was right.

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate ford dicking me around for 480 days. I’m sure jeep appreciates it more and only made me wait 170 days for my 392XR.

Beautiful jeep congratulations the one thing I will say bronco has on jeep is the ride quality bronco kills the jeep in that that solid front axle on the jeep makes for one hell of a rough ride

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I recently have driven a JL and a JK while a company is prototyping with my OBX.

It will be worth the wait....
Agree 100% here. I just had my brother-in-laws 4dr jeep for a week and while I don't hate the jeep, I like my Bronco more in nearly every aspect.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could get a 392 Rubicon for what my Badlands order costs I might would be interested. I'm just at a loss because there is nothing else that really stands out to me and the wife and I really wanted a fun toy for the summer. It's just ridiculous the way early reservations have been overlooked. I'm even dodging Supercel this year because the more I see Broncos in public the more pissed off I get.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had/have both, loved things about both, lots of smiles and memories made in both.
At the end of the day, time is the one thing that is hard to impossible to put a value on.
IF waiting for the Bronco is keeping you and your family from making memories, doing things you want while you can, it's not a bad call to entertain a Jeep, or anything else that fits the bill.

Lots of options, too.

If you think the wait is going to be preventative and you have the funds/bravery to do it, buy a used one that has been taken care of, structurally and mechanically sound, and just drive it.
And I'm talking TJ-era, as you can find them relatively inexpensively, they (mostly) have the straight 6, super-easy repairs when needed. Pay cash for the sucker, drive it while you wait, keep or sell it when you get the "built" email.

Or get a new one. Interest rates are pretty low still, resale value is strong should you decide to offload it.

OR just keep waiting and hoping that email comes sooner than later.

Either way, at least for me, I chose to invest in experiences and memories while I waited, and chose the TJ route. Sold it for what I bought it for 9 months later. In that 9 months I took my wife and two of my kids out to experience some gnarly trails, lots of open-air fun, and some doors-off smiles for their first time. It stoked their excitement and desire to finally get a fresh new Bronco to keep on doing what we did while riding in better comfort and a completely open air top.

Don't beat yourself up, just do what feels right and what you think is the logical choice. No hate here.

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My neighbor gave up his early order for a Bronco, picked up his 392 yesterday and was revving it as he drove by. Had dinner with them last night and oh yeah, he let me know about it. :D

He did say he couldn't wait to see the Bronco...if it ever comes in.

Shaggy

Big Bend
First Name
Antoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My husband pushed me to get the 2.7. All the motors blowing makes me nervous but what can you do. It's already built and in line with the rest of the shipping broncos.
My very first car was a 1999 Jeep Wrangler automatic. I have a feeling one day I will end up back in the Wrangler family with another manual transmission. Their clutch is really nice to shift with.
Don’t be nervous, the 2.7 is fun to drive

Sponsored

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We love our 2012 too. I got the super basic sport with crank windows because I knew I wanted light doors to take them off as much as possible. It only has 36k miles so it can go on for many years and pulls our boat with ease. I like that I can mod it to make it my own. I wanted a good balance between a daily driver and off roading machine (although I don't get to go off road as much as I want to.
I replaced all the speakers with the Kicker upgrade, added TrueTrac limited slip differentials front and rear, Artec trusses on both diferentials, sound insulated the interior (kinda useless on a soft top...) front and rear hitch and 12v connections for a removable 12k lbs winch I keep in the garage on a hitch cradle. Cheap Sahara wheels and tires to keep it looking up to date, LED everything.
I think I paid around $23k 10 years ago and can likely get close to that when I sell it... There are not many vehicles that can beat that.
My girl has 122k on it. She's been used a bit. Love that color you have!!

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I priced a Willys about two weeks back. My wife then reminded me that I shouldn't comprise for a vehicle that I don't want because I'm being impatient. She's a smart lady.

Eruption883

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘78 F250 camper special, ‘19 GT3 RS, transit van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I built out a comparable Wrangler to see what it would take to make one "equivalent" to the badlands nonsquatch I have on order. Not that the bronco's are cheap, but wow, I was shocked once the final tally for a rubicon unlimited came up. Big bucks! But looks like they sell 'em as fast as they can make them, and have been forever. Always thought the Jeeps were cool, but never wanted to own one (Wrangler).
Let's not talk about the '75 wagoner that I have to bring back from Arkansas though...Lol

Fade5G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we are all getting fed up. I personally test-drove a Gladiator & have a Rivian R1T reservation. We will see who can deliver faster

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I currently have two Wranglers ('05 LJ and '16 JKU Willys). I don't really think of the Bronco as a "competitor" to them. I know it is, technically, as far as the auto industry goes. But it isn't in my life/household. It's just another fun vehicle I want to have.

The hard part is figuring out which of the Jeeps I'll sell when the Bronco is finally available... or if I can rationalize a scenario where I get to keep all three. Ha.
Sponsored