Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to the movies last night. As always to protect my prized possession (Bronco) I always park in “no man’s land”. Always hoping no one will park next to me. As I left movie theater I could see across the parking lot and immediately had a knot in my stomach because I could tell that someone had gone out of their way to park next to me. I was furious. As I got closer my anxiety subsided and knew everything was ok. I eventually saw the owner of the other vehicle and all I could do was smile and wave.

56B524C1-64F0-4730-9671-975759347B90.jpeg

14649997-6B9B-474D-B835-050CA167B9D0.jpeg
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ahh nice! I park away from everyone too. Even in my every day driver I do as I find most people don't give a crap about dinging your car. Even at work I have had it happen and I see it happen. People struggle to get out of their vehicles and almost stumble, hit the open door of their car and it whales your vehicle. It happens more often than you think. And those door dings cost anywhere from 150-300 each to get out. My son just got a ding in his new Elantra N- set him back 270. Now he parks a mile away. Your learn quickly.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Judging by your screen name, I am assuming it was the other guy who parked like an A-hole?
Lol, I was going to ask the same thing. I would have probably parked on the other side of the tree. I never straddle lines - that is not cool, unless I'm towing or something cray like that.

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did this the other day. Parked well away from others. But I watched people be drawn to the Bronco like flies. Sadly, no other Broncos joined. Just all kinds of other vehicles needing to be close 🙄

Sponsored

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last weekend I parked like AZarea51 did but I put two tires up on the curb. My wife game hell for parking like an a-hole, "You did that just because you could."

Nope. I did that because the woman parked next to me looked like she didn't have the leg strength to get herself out of her car. Sure enough, she swung that door wide open and rolled on out.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would would pulled my F-450 to with in about 2 inches of his driver side fender just on principle alone.
:ROFLMAO: I don't know how people don't realize that parking like that idiot just begs for people to F with your vehicle.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ahh nice! I park away from everyone too. Even in my every day driver I do as I find most people don't give a crap about dinging your car. Even at work I have had it happen and I see it happen. People struggle to get out of their vehicles and almost stumble, hit the open door of their car and it whales your vehicle. It happens more often than you think. And those door dings cost anywhere from 150-300 each to get out. My son just got a ding in his new Elantra N- set him back 270. Now he parks a mile away. Your learn quickly.
Invest in a door ding kit. You will save lots of money, you can find them on Amazon.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
tough crowd.

the OP noted that he parked in
“no man’s land”
obviously it wasn't a busy or full parking lot. The other guy probably parked like that to allow for space realizing that the OP parked far away bc he didn't want his Bronco dinged.

so judgy 'round here.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Driving a Flex, I'm used to this behavior -- it's an unspoken agreement to always park next to another Flex if there's a spot available. I'm sure it'll continue with the Bronco

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
tough crowd.

the OP noted that he parked in

obviously it wasn't a busy or full parking lot. The other guy probably parked like that to allow for space realizing that the OP parked far away bc he didn't want his Bronco dinged.

so judgy 'round here.
The 'other guy' could have easily parked between the lines, leaving a space between the vehicles. He parked like a D-bag.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I always do that even with my old 2008 truck I have had for 15 years....my wife hates it so much lol I also added go rhino 6 inch steps to help cuz there is always that one asshole parks right next to me

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 'other guy' could have easily parked between the lines, leaving a space between the vehicles. He parked like a D-bag.
such rule followers!

If there's no one around, and no one needs the spot, why does it matter?

The argument can be made that the other guy is the opposite of a d-bag and was being respectful to the OP who was obviously trying to avoid the crowds.

Now if the parking lot was full, and he took up 2 spots. d-bag. But that does not seem to be the case here...
Sponsored