Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Invest in a door ding kit. You will save lots of money, you can find them on Amazon.
Bronco has aluminum doors. Door ding kits dont work on aluminum doors unless you know of one I dont. If so, can you post it up?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco has aluminum doors. Door ding kits dont work on aluminum doors unless you know of one I dont. If so, can you post it up?
Hmmm, sorry I don’t. They worked on my explorer but I guess I don’t consider a difference. What do they use at the shop you go to. There has to be a device out there that doesn’t cost too much.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PDR techs repair dings in aluminum all the time. It’s a little more difficult and requires proper technique and a careful approach, but it’s not rocket science.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you leave your home and it is empty, do you leave the front door wide open with a sign out front that says "Nobody Home"? I would guess not, because if you did that and somebody robbed your house, people would say you were asking for it by drawing attention to yourself.

Stealing from your home, regardless if you left your door open or not is wrong. Same as someone damaging anohter persons vehicle is wrong. But you can do stuff to protect your possessions.

Parking far away from others (in the lines) kind of says "I am trying to protect my vehicle...and willing to walk a bit further to do so". Many people can respect that. But parking away AND taking up 2 or more spaces (in my opinion) makes the person look like an a-hole and might entice others to inflict harm.

Just my opinion of course...
yeah, I mean, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

No matter how you spin it, people need to stop caring so much about what other people do that has zero effect on their life. No one knows the reason why that car is parked like that, and it's no ones business to assume they know.

Maybe someone was standing next to the OP's car when the other car parked?
Maybe the guy parking decided to stay away bc it's an empty parking lot and respected the fact that the OP was trying to avoid people?
Maybe they didn't see the line?
Maybe the moon light got in their camera view while reversing?
Maybe there was a family of opossums huddled next to the car while he reversed?
Maybe he failed reversing on his driving test, but still passed enough areas to be issued a license and is just a bad reverser?
Maybe they were late to the movie and quickly reversed in thinking it'd be cool to park near another Bronco but had to hurry to get to the movie?

Maybe people just need to stop worrying about what other people do and just live their lives.

Maybe we as humans, would all get along better if that happend?

Tolerance of other people needs to be more widely accepted, vs having to figure out ways to not upset some lunatic that has no right to take any action against anyone for something they don't agree with.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm partially disabled and have handicap plates. My wife says "we either park in handicap or China" there is no in between :ROFLMAO:

But I've always done the same. I hate parking near anyone and I'll usually park as far away as I can, and I hate it when I come out and sure enough there's multiple cars parked around me, even worse when someone takes up more than one space. Like what point were you trying to prove? That you can be an asshole?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

On a related night, we went out to dinner last night and there was a paper tagged A51 Squatched BB with upgraded wheels in the parking lot (sorry no pics). I audibly signed when I passed him and realized the empty spot next to them was handicapped. The wife looks and me and says: "You are sad you can't park next them aren't you?" She knows me all to well.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PDR techs repair dings in aluminum all the time. It’s a little more difficult and requires proper technique and a careful approach, but it’s not rocket science.
Sure, but we're not talking PDR pros. We're talking about DIY kits on AMZ.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yeah, I mean, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

No matter how you spin it, people need to stop caring so much about what other people do that has zero effect on their life. No one knows the reason why that car is parked like that, and it's no ones business to assume they know.

Maybe someone was standing next to the OP's car when the other car parked?
Maybe the guy parking decided to stay away bc it's an empty parking lot and respected the fact that the OP was trying to avoid people?
Maybe they didn't see the line?
Maybe the moon light got in their camera view while reversing?
Maybe there was a family of opossums huddled next to the car while he reversed?
Maybe he failed reversing on his driving test, but still passed enough areas to be issued a license and is just a bad reverser?
Maybe they were late to the movie and quickly reversed in thinking it'd be cool to park near another Bronco but had to hurry to get to the movie?

Maybe people just need to stop worrying about what other people do and just live their lives.

Maybe we as humans, would all get along better if that happend?

Tolerance of other people needs to be more widely accepted, vs having to figure out ways to not upset some lunatic that has no right to take any action against anyone for something they don't agree with.
Or maybe...he is just an a-hole. (y)

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's rare that I run into another Bronco in a parking lot, so if I don't find one I always do this instead.

Ford Bronco I just wanted to park alone….. Bronco vs Wrangler

Sponsored

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a brand new Camry once. Third day I had it was parked out in the boonies of a Home Depot parking lot. Come out to my car and there is a big orange stripe and a broken rear taillight. The wind had taken one of the big lumber carts that some slob didn't put up and sailed it straight into my car. That's when I started parking strategically closer to other vehicles but not too close.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was at the airport the other day and saw a Bronco parked like this. I won’t even leave mine in airport parking, much less in this state. Imagine that PT Cruiser leaving and someone squeezing a full-size truck in their spot!
Maybe the reason the Bronco is parked like that in the first place is that there was a big truck parked to his right when he got there. Who knows. That's why you can't make assumptions.

Parking far away from others (in the lines) kind of says "I am trying to protect my vehicle...and willing to walk a bit further to do so". Many people can respect that. But parking away AND taking up 2 or more spaces (in my opinion) makes the person look like an a-hole and might entice others to inflict harm.
The scary thing to me is that so many here seem to feel that sort of "restitution" would be justified! "That guy's an asshole! I have no choice but to be a bigger asshole and teach him a lesson!"

The OP parked way the hell away from everyone else (which I often do, as well), and the fellow Bronco owner parked near him, while also giving him space - which is a decidedly non-assholish thing to do. And you people want to hang this guy for straddling a white line in an otherwise empty parking lot.

What is wrong with you?!

JAricB

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
540i, Rubicon, Bronco, TRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I park in "No Man's Land" for the little bit of exercise it provides.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The scary thing to me is that so many here seem to feel that sort of "restitution" would be justified! "That guy's an asshole! I have no choice but to be a bigger asshole and teach him a lesson!"

The OP parked way the hell away from everyone else (which I often do, as well), and the fellow Bronco owner parked near him, while also giving him space - which is a decidedly non-assholish thing to do. And you people want to hang this guy for straddling a white line in an otherwise empty parking lot.

What is wrong with you?!
Show me anywhere where I (or anyone else) said that damaging this persons car would be justified.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was at the airport the other day and saw a Bronco parked like this. I won’t even leave mine in airport parking, much less in this state. Imagine that PT Cruiser leaving and someone squeezing a full-size truck in their spot!
I actually admire this guy. I wish i didn’t care like this guy.
Sponsored