Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or maybe...he is just an a-hole. (y)
maybe!

still doesn't give anyone any permission to do damage to their car because they've formed an opinion on someone off of 1 piece of data. ;)
Sponsored

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Parking far away is fine. I do it. But when you also take up 2 spaces, some people will be triggered to damage your vehicle. It’s NOT justified. It’s terrible. But it’s how some people are wired. It’s their way of saying, “Oh, you think you’re hot sh!t? Well F U…”

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to the movies last night. As always to protect my prized possession (Bronco) I always park in “no man’s land”. Always hoping no one will park next to me. As I left movie theater I could see across the parking lot and immediately had a knot in my stomach because I could tell that someone had gone out of their way to park next to me. I was furious. As I got closer my anxiety subsided and knew everything was ok. I eventually saw the owner of the other vehicle and all I could do was smile and wave.

56B524C1-64F0-4730-9671-975759347B90.jpeg

14649997-6B9B-474D-B835-050CA167B9D0.jpeg
The Bronco mating call.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
maybe!

still doesn't give anyone any permission to do damage to their car because they've formed an opinion on someone off of 1 piece of data. ;)
I have never said the car should be damaged. I said the person parked like an a-hole, and is asking for their car to be damaged. Big difference.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Show me anywhere where I (or anyone else) said that damaging this persons car would be justified.
You didn’t state it personally, but I was quoting your line about how parking that way “could entice” someone to inflict damage.

What I’m seeing here - and this is common - is a lot of “I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’” macho caveman flexing. If you’ve been around here a while, you’ve seen a ridiculous amount of rhetoric, with people throwing out lines like, “This is why I carry!”, in response to someone having their vehicle vandalized or broken into. Because shooting someone to death is just punishment for for breaking a car window, right?

Sponsored

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You didn’t state it personally, but I was quoting your line about how parking that way “could entice” someone to inflict damage.

What I’m seeing here - and this is common - is a lot of “I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’” macho caveman flexing. If you’ve been around here a while, you’ve seen a ridiculous amount of rhetoric, with people throwing out lines like, “This is why I carry!”, in response to someone having their vehicle vandalized or broken into. Because shooting someone to death is just punishment for for breaking a car window, right?
It does entice SOME people to inflict damage.

SOME people are jealous, or mentally-ill, or down on their luck, or just plain angry, so yes, they can be triggered to inflict damage upon your vehicle for taking-up 2 spaces.

You’d have to be a bit naive not to understand this. These people are out there, whether you want to believe it or not.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It does entice SOME people to inflict damage.

SOME people are jealous, or mentally-ill, or down on their luck, or just plain angry, so yes, they can be triggered to inflict damage upon your vehicle for taking-up 2 spaces.

You’d have to be a bit naive not to understand this. These people are out there, whether you want to believe it or not.
Of course. But it sounds very much like the old “Look at how she was dressed, she was asking for it” excuse.

If the story here was that someone had indeed come along and vandalized that second Bronco, or “pulled his F-450 to with in about 2 inches of his driver side fender just on principle alone”, too many people here would respond with, “Well, when you park like that, this is what happens.” Which is a really sick way to look at things.

And these people are in here, too.

Bronchitis's

Badlands
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, MazdaCX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ahh nice! I park away from everyone too. Even in my every day driver I do as I find most people don't give a crap about dinging your car. Even at work I have had it happen and I see it happen. People struggle to get out of their vehicles and almost stumble, hit the open door of their car and it whales your vehicle. It happens more often than you think. And those door dings cost anywhere from 150-300 each to get out. My son just got a ding in his new Elantra N- set him back 270. Now he parks a mile away. Your learn quickly.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW I agree with @PowPow. I see it as a dirtbag move in a busy parking lot.
But if there are dozens of open spots closer in, it's no biggie.
OP obviously wanted to avoid issue, so he was proactive enough to park at the end, next to a curb, reducing the chances by 1/2 already.
As far as "Don't complain if something happens to your vehicle", I will.
In this specific case, if someone damaged my vehicle while I was giving the OP room but not room for someone between us and saw deliberate damage to mine, I'll whip someone's ass in the parking lot.
I've seen douches at Lowes or Walmart take up 4 spots by parking in the crosshairs of 4 spots, 1/4 way down the row from the building. Now THAT is an asshat move.
But at no point in my life have I ever considered touching someone else's vehicle because of it.
Most reasonable people wouldn't. Whether the driver is an ass or not, you just don't mess with other people's stuff.
None of us are the "Equalizer" and need to perform social justice on a spot-splitter. If you do, you get what's coming. Just like the spot-splitter, at some point, will get some well-deserved karma.
True, only if mental health wasn't an issue in this country, so much tragedy could be avoided... Sadly we all know that's not the case and mentally ill people are out there waiting for an opportunity to do harm which in their minds is justified.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, I mean, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

No matter how you spin it, people need to stop caring so much about what other people do that has zero effect on their life. No one knows the reason why that car is parked like that, and it's no ones business to assume they know.
In reference to the guy parked on the line, I think we do know, and it's the same reason why people make up their own parking spot on the yellow or white diagonal lines at the store, or a loading zone, or park in front of a damn "No Parking" sign in the fire lane with a parking lot a mere 20 feet away . . . because asshole.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, only if mental health wasn't an issue in this country, so much tragedy could be avoided... Sadly we all know that's not the case and mentally ill people are out there waiting for an opportunity to do harm which in their minds is justified.
True. You just never know.

You might end up being the recipient of some wrath you don't deserve from a total stranger.
I just don't engage with people in an angry way anymore unless backed into a position where I have to defend (which in fairness is ultra-rare, but all to much more prevalent/potential these days).

Too many loose cannons out there with too much baggage under the surface.
I'm not keen on taking a tire iron to the dome or a .45 to the face over a parking spot that isn't my business or a guy who might be following a bit closer than I want him to.

Too many reasons to live out the rest of my destined days to tempt fate when I don't absolutely have to.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to the movies last night. As always to protect my prized possession (Bronco) I always park in “no man’s land”. Always hoping no one will park next to me. As I left movie theater I could see across the parking lot and immediately had a knot in my stomach because I could tell that someone had gone out of their way to park next to me. I was furious. As I got closer my anxiety subsided and knew everything was ok. I eventually saw the owner of the other vehicle and all I could do was smile and wave.

56B524C1-64F0-4730-9671-975759347B90.jpeg

14649997-6B9B-474D-B835-050CA167B9D0.jpeg
Anyhoo… OP, I noticed that this is your very first new thread and only your third post to date since joining the forum a few months ago.

Welcome to the asylum! 🤪

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving a Flex, I'm used to this behavior -- it's an unspoken agreement to always park next to another Flex if there's a spot available. I'm sure it'll continue with the Bronco
you see other Flexes when out?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two guys with Broncos drawing attention to themselves by parking way out of the way and on the lines. Unfortunately that’s asking for someone to run a key down the side of your Bronco. Vandals thinking, “Nice car. Thinks he’s special and better than everyone parking away from the crowd.” Sad, but that’s how it goes. I prefer to blend in and will park with a few empty spots around me if possible but not too far out, never across lines or with wheels up on a curb. It’s just a 6g Bronco

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the Ford body side molding installed on my 4 dr outer banks for that very same reason.

I had the dealer install it HIGH , right where most car doors will hit.

Looks pretty good, contrasts to my CO . eventually when my Fiberglass 1 piece top come in it will look like the Matel Bronco .

so far no dents, my 2004 tahoe was completely pot marked with door dents over the years from all the idiots who swing their doors open. the molding on the tahoe was too low.
Sponsored