First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150 and a lot of bikes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Road conditions? How did the Bronco do? Issues with elevation? I'm in Eastern Idaho after running through Flaming Gorge and the Medicine Bow mountains in eastern Wyoming. 2.3/auto.

Sponsored

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m on day 6 of my cross country journey in my Bronco. I’m at the Grand Canyon today and will be in Idaho on Wednesday . I love traveling in my Bronco! 4 doors give you the room to load up inside. Idaho is beautiful!

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It all seems surreal now, I was in the clouds, at the top of the highest road in Idaho, planning our stewardship event work day with 2 USFS Rangers and my friend from the Sawtooth Society.
THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST BRONCO ADVENTURE I HAVE EVER CREATED! - So much was learned on this recon.

1st thing I want to share though - the white bark pine. This is now my new favorite thing and I can't wait to take the club into this one of a kind biotype here in Idaho. I will be editing some video but as we all know photos can never do things justice. OK so back to this tree first, they can live to be several hundred years old. Whitebark pine is an iconic species in the subalpine zone of the west. They are in dramatic decline in recent decades due to the combined impacts of native mountain pine beetle, a non-native fungus that causes the disease white pine blister rust, changing fire regimes, and climate change. Even more challenging is that its survival is based on a symbiotic relationship with the "Clarks Nutcracker" a part of the Crow/Jay family of birds. The whitebark pine, in exchange for providing highly nutritious seeds for Clark’s nutcrackers, as well as many other wildlife species, benefits from the bird’s seed-storing behavior as many of those cached seeds are forgotten and subsequently germinate." - https://www.nps.gov/.../whitebark-pine-and-clarks....

These create groupings of several seeds growing into one tree and look so unique. I can't wait to be back in them, I will be sure to hug one next time.

Also along our route is a pipe with natural spring drinking water. This is the best water and our camp will be close enough to make a water run Friday evening so we can have plenty for camp coffee Saturday. I wish I had brought some home it is so yummy!

The original site we had is not going to be suitable due to the fact the equsestrian users have really mucked it up. It looked great on the maps and images but... So we will be just down the road in another epic scenic, must drive while we are there - spot.

Little Boulder Recreation Site. https://www.blm.gov/visit/little-boulder-recreation-site it has a great spot for tents and even parking Broncos!

The Railroad Ridge is almost like being on another planet. The way the biotype changes so abruptly is very cool! When Scott and I stopped and I took the photos at the road end, you are so high up it gives a sense of vertigo!

While we were discussing sign placements at the wilderness boundary one the park rangers matter of factly says to me, "you guys better look behind you". We turn around to see a herd of elk, running through the clouds, across the ridge - UNREAL!

I jumped out and pointed my GoPro that direction but they were gone into the mist just as fast as they appeared. An amazing experience no doubt.

I am so excited for this event. I will get to work today on editing for a trail preview video, and update the event next!

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 9.jpg

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 8.jpg

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 7.jpg

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 6.jpg

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 5.jpg

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 4.jpg

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 3.jpg

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 2.jpg

Sawtooth Stewardship Recon 10.jpg
f-ing awesome
yes thats why its a "bronco thing"

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gorgeous shoots!! I went to school at the U of I in moscow idaho (85) and got to know the state quite well and it is goregous!!!!

Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sound like my friend from Caldwell. Love Idaho, hope it stays it the way it is...
It's changing fast. It isn't what it used to be. Too many transplants. Some of them think that if they have lived here five years it makes them a native. The only reason I haven't lived here all of my life is because I ain't dead yet. Idaho is a great place to visit but please, please take care of it (this goes for anywhere really).

Nothus

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST, 2014 Ford Escape sel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where was this? I wasn't far from the sawtooths today in the Raptor...

For everyone else who reads this thread, Idaho sucks. Don't come here...
That is what we used to say about the Seattle area. But folks came anyway and now it truly sucks.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lived in Idaho most of my life. It’s horrible. No outside activities, and the scenery sucks. Now go tell everyone you know! 😉
Unfortunately there’s some truth to that…. Been here 50years and the Idaho many of us knew is disappearing in the rear view mirror FAST!! COL is fast approaching that of Seattle, N Cal. etc…..

In the Continental US WY is kind of the last great frontier and it will most likely be next in another 1-2 decades ….. ☹

Bronco Master

Base
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2017 Ford Superduty F-250 STX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let me guess... Photos taken on iPhone? Certainly iPhone quality!

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you mind sharing what front light bar mounting solution you used (with a link if you have it)? Did you end up drilling your own mounting holes in the bumper?

Also curious which light bar you went with?
Sponsored