Sponsored

I was WRONG, wait for the towing package!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you need a 7 pin connector, there are aftermarket means to accommodating.
There are? I had been following all the towing threads until I gave up and put towing back on. Did someone finally come out with a better solution?
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are? I had been following all the towing threads until I gave up and put towing back on. Did someone finally come out with a better solution?

Here is one. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Wiring/CURT/C57186.html

I haven't installed but connections seem reasonable. If one were going this route and needed to add the 4 pin aftermarket as well, it would be easier to do it all at once so you could have a common wiring path from the back to the front of the vehicle. You could then wire loom the lot.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They are about the same effort if you do a factory-quality install and route the power wire inside the bronco (under interior panels), through the firewall grommet, and to the battery. If you do a budget install and route the power line under the body and along the frame to the battery then it can be a lot faster - just be sure to avoid pinch points, properly armor, and heat-shield.

Ford:
1659271250097.png
1659271272193.png

1659271318095.png
1659271352984.png

Curt:
1659273056295.png
The above is a fair assessment. Underneath is quicker but you do need to watch where you route and how you tie the wiring off.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not as clean as a factory solution but I've had success with these on other cars.

Screenshot_20220731-083107.png

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has the 2.7
yeah i think the 2.3 badlands you can do the rack but i could be wrong. As for the O/P i did a Curt hitch and harness. Works great and since i only need a 4 pin for most of my stuff it works fine. If i need trailer brakes i'll get an aftermarket piece.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yeah i think the 2.3 badlands you can do the rack but i could be wrong. As for the O/P i did a Curt hitch and harness. Works great and since i only need a 4 pin for most of my stuff it works fine. If i need trailer brakes i'll get an aftermarket piece.
You might be right. I went with the hitch because I just didn’t want to mess with installing one. I’ve done enough of them in my lifetime. Considering what these Bronco’s can pull I really don’t see the need for the y pin. I have a 6x10 two Axel dump trailer with brakes on all wheels but in never try to pull it with the Bronco.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way back in the beginning, they said my rig was too heavy for roof rack. Said it hit the gross weight limit.

Yardo //

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKX (for sale), 1976 CJ-7 (for sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an interesting situation. I deleted tow from my order end of February. Thought it would help. Waited a few months and nothing.

June rolls around, I made the decision that it was worth adding and accepting the possibility of waiting longer. Added tow back on June 23. June 24, the very next day I got notified that I had a scheduled build date. 8/8 and now recently bumped to 8/15.

Deleting tow didn't seem to have an impact. But for me like some of you are suggesting, if it's important then it's worth the possibility of waiting. I use a flatbed trailer a lot so it's been worth it and I'm glad I made the decision to add it back.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Live and learn. I used the Curt "rewire, plug and play" , figure it was a break even for the few hundred I saved.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an interesting situation. I deleted tow from my order end of February. Thought it would help. Waited a few months and nothing.

June rolls around, I made the decision that it was worth adding and accepting the possibility of waiting longer. Added tow back on June 23. June 24, the very next day I got notified that I had a scheduled build date. 8/8 and now recently bumped to 8/15.

Deleting tow didn't seem to have an impact. But for me like some of you are suggesting, if it's important then it's worth the possibility of waiting. I use a flatbed trailer a lot so it's been worth it and I'm glad I made the decision to add it back.
That's funny, because my original order didn't have tow but I got a VIN immediately after adding it.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like everyone is having different experiences. I had a July 22, 2020 reservation . . . Badlands/SAS/MIC/2.7/Lux/Tow . . . and earlier this year I finally deleted the tow package because I had been waiting so long with no information (like everyone else). 2 weeks after deleting tow package I had a build date. Maybe that's happenstance and I would have been scheduled anyway if I kept the tow package, but it seems to suggest that it made a difference. As soon as my Bronco came in, I ordered a dealer-installed tow package from the parts counter and they had the parts in 2 days . . . went back and had them install. Just a 4-pin but that's good enough for me.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lights😆, who needs lights?!A week after I removed my tow I got a build date. Also had the stupid trek top on mine with a hard top (a dealer mistake since I didn’t want either) once those 3 were removed I had my Bronco 3 months later.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding a hitch and a Curt 4 pin connector only takes a bit over an hour to do. Maybe increase it to 2 hours for a first timer. Not a big deal. If you need a 7 pin connector, there are aftermarket means to accommodating.

Keep the tow package or not, but fear of the install shouldn't be a factor.
Have you actually installed everything in 2 hours? Does it run the power wire under or inside?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you actually installed everything in 2 hours? Does it run the power wire under or inside?
I ran it outside but watched what I routed the wire near. I can't recall but someone's Youtube video talked about it. Part you run inside the frame then transition to outside the frame. You need to avoid rotating and hot parts.

The hitch was easy. I think six bolts and take the bumper off to put the hitch on. The Curt wiring module went behind the driver's side light housing. I've got the tools and have been working on vehicles as a shade tree guy for a long time, so it was almost enjoyable to work on something that wasn't rusty and was all new and clean.
Sponsored