First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes I'll have to get one. But won't lowering it make the ride stiffer? I don't want mess with the ride quality until I get to play with it in the dirt cuz I think I'm going to love it and not want to change it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes I'll have to get one. But won't lowering it make the ride stiffer? I don't want mess with the ride quality until I get to play with it in the dirt cuz I think I'm going to love it and not want to change it.
Lowering the suspension height will actually mean rising the adjustable coil-over upwards toward the top hat (reducing the preload). This will soften the ride comfort a little as the coil spring will be under less stress giving more of the coil spring the ability to spread out absorption impacts better.

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That makes sense. Thanks! This is my first adjustable kit and just figured either way the went (up or down) would destroy the ride.

Will it negatively effect the travel at all?

I guess I'm ordering the icon spanner. Any prime day deals? Lol

Last edited:

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That makes sense. Thanks! This is my first adjustable kit and just figured either way the went (up or down) would destroy the ride.

Will it negatively effect the travel at all?

I guess I'm ordering the icon spanner. Any prime day deals? Lol
Good question and one I am not knowledgeable in, but I will put in my thoughts anyway. The more preload (tension) you put on the coils you get suspension lift by forcing downward travel increasing CVs angles and cutting into the amount of range that the CV had at the factory setting. Your up travel (compression) would increase since the resting level of your vehicle is at a specific % into droop.

Screenshot (204).png

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stage 4 complete. It rides a lot smoother than the stock sasquatch. Gonna give them a week before I test it offroad, but well done Icon, well done. I just wish it'd have a little smaller gap with the recommended 35's. Might have to get 37's once the steering rack is upgraded.
is that the recommended location for the rear reservoir?? I hope there’s another option because I’m going to break that.

Sponsored

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kinda. Thats where they go, but they installed the reservoirs under the plate when it should be over the plate. But I was trying to figure out how to add to the bracket for full protection with enough room for airflow, but a thicker plate on the bottom.

I'm going to put it back how it's supposed to be and figure something else out.

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda. Thats where they go, but they installed the reservoirs under the plate when it should be over the plate. But I was trying to figure out how to add to the bracket for full protection with enough room for airflow, but a thicker plate on the bottom.

I'm going to put it back how it's supposed to be and figure something else out.
@Dusty at ICON can you confirm the reservoir for the rears go by the rear arm mount?? My rear arm mount is beat to hell from rocky trails. I definitely want a more protected location. This is a mall crawler location.

I have never seen any other reservoirs in that location. Seriously misguided.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd look at where people are mounting other brand's reservoirs. That would not be a spot I'd mount mine.

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's for sure a different approach. It'd be convenient for manual adjusters. I'm gonna put them where they should be, above the bracket, and give it a whirl. I'll report back with the carnage lol.

Other brands don't offer the articulation that icon does, a bronco with kings were a butt hair short of 12" in the rear. I'm going to accurately measuring the icons on Wednesday, but my forklift test got me about 13" without the trailing links and track bar and will be installing those next month once I get paid.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON can you confirm the reservoir for the rears go by the rear arm mount?? My rear arm mount is beat to hell from rocky trails. I definitely want a more protected location. This is a mall crawler location.

I have never seen any other reservoirs in that location. Seriously misguided.
I don''t think he has it installed correctly. The reservoir tucks up better than shown in that pic. The bracket it mounts to includes a "skid" that protects it a little bit from below. I went out in the parking lot and snapped a pic of it on the ICON Bronco. Excuse the dirt, this thing hasn't been to the wash since its last trip to the desert. But as you can see, it's well above the bottom of the frame rail and tucked tight against the rail and the bottom of the body.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_3766

Here's a level view from the side, in which you can't see the reservoir due to the slider that's on this Bronco.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_3767

It's worth noting that our rear coilovers mount in a shaft-up orientation, which is opposite fromn all of the other aftermarket coilovers I've seen so far. This of course results in the reservoir hose coming off the bottom rather than the top. That's why our rear coilovers have a long reservoir hose, so the hose can be routed up the lower trailing arm to where the reservoir mounts on the frame. The kits come with billet clamps to secure the hose along the top of the trailing arm (stock or ICON tubular or billet arms).

Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stage 4 complete. It rides a lot smoother than the stock sasquatch. Gonna give them a week before I test it offroad, but well done Icon, well done. I just wish it'd have a little smaller gap with the recommended 35's. Might have to get 37's once the steering rack is upgraded.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_3767

can you most more pics of the where the reservoirs are mounted and the path you used for the hoses? would be appreciated.

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed them correctly, they're out of harms way now.

I didn't get a chance to make it to cleghorn, work emergency, but I did take it through the hills behind my house. Hooooly sh*t the kit is amazing! It definitely softened the ride through the gnarly service roads and I didn't have to go 5mph through the side by side tracks like I had to before the kit install.

I took real world measurements and I'm currently at 11.5" in the front, with the sway bar, and 13" flat in the rear with just the coilovers.

I tried to get some flight time over a table top, but the tires wouldn't leave the ground after 3 attempts, more attempts to come.

The one potential issue I see is with the rear resivor hoses. There is a possibility of getting them caught on stuff since they run up the trailing links with a gap between the hose and link. I will have to opt in for the billet links so the hoses can't get in the way of anything. I'll get more photos when I get back home, hopefully next week.

Once again, icon did a great job with the bronco kits.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 20220721_115422

Last edited:

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's some photos of the rear hoses. The circled one is where I think there can be issues when rock crawling

20220724_075412.jpg

20220724_075443.jpg

Screenshot_20220724-082640_Gallery.jpg

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) Screenshot_20220724-082640_Gallery
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) Screenshot_20220724-082640_Gallery

looks awesome! in regards to the fender gap, you should try some 1,75" wheel spacers to get the stance right and maybe some true 35s before you take the 37 plunge.

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks! Still not too sure what the next couple of stages are going to be after the trailing links and track bar, sway bar disconnect and reinforced steering rack.

I had a horrible experience with wheel spacers on my xterra. Broke one on a trail in the worst spot imaginable and took 4 days to get it out.

But I did just get a spanner wrench, so I'm going to mess with the height a little to get the cv's closer to stock angles, although, they aren't too bad at all. I'm looking for usability over height.

As far as tires, weight is definitely an issue with those weak tie rods, and I'm assuming that's why we got goodyears instead of bfg's on the squatch.

I have a set of 35 wildpeak m/t's that I tested, but I actually like the goodyears better. Better ride and grip on and off road. Let me know if you had a good experience with any others.
Sponsored