Sponsored

If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's my understanding that simply underestimating the take rate of the MIC and manual has caused issues ... so suddenly increasing the ask rate for Badlands ....
But they have had 2 1/2 years to adjust their numbers based on the actual reservations placed mid year 2020. I'd buy that as an excuse early on but not 2 1/2 years after receiving the info.

You are absolutely correct. Suddenly increasing the Badlands take rate will throw a big wrench into the works that already is at or near it's limit especially considering with 2 1/2 years notice they still can't figure how to properly manage other commodities.
Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm riding it out. Oct 2020 reservation. OBX non-SAS, 2.7, adv4x4, MIC, Lux, tow. I'll get what I want or I won't get it at all. @Ford Motor Company can take my money or not. I've had Fords all my life but this might be the end of that.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, I understand that. I live in New England, and that is also why I kept the hard top. I was #38 in line at my dealer, and my salesman kept an Excel spreadsheet tracking everyone's order. We were looking at the spreadsheet and estimating that sticking with the hard top delayed my built 7-8 months compared to those who place similar orders at my dealer and were willing to switch to soft top. (Which almost pushed me into 2023MY.)

What you could do is drop Sasquatch and Lux package, and roll the dice on the hard top. If it doesn't happen and we get to the end of 2023 scheduling... you can decide at that point what you want to do.
And that’s the other issue - I’m not willing to wait until the end of 2023 and *then* decide.

Initially when I placed my order I was told likely Nov 21-Feb 22.

ok supply constraints and all that - I get it. But I’m now 1 year and minus a summer past when I was initially told to expect my Bronco.

My kid is 5 and I’m not sure if I’m willing to lose another summer. I’m not the type to buy/sell multiple cars. I buy something and I keep it. I don’t have a capable SUV. And if I can’t get a Bronco after waiting over 2 years I’ll get something else.

If they can’t throw me a bone (hell even a build date) by April/May I’m done with Ford. Likely for good.

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easy, sell my Fords and get a Jeep, I’m not waiting to 2024 or making concessions to get one, it’s beyond ridiculous at this point, they won’t care but will lose another lifetime customer

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could wait till 2023 Orders open up and go to a dealer that will have plenty of 2023 allocations. Supposedly you can bring Price Protection with you, supposedly it’s attached to your name not your order. Example, Ford Video Guy stated they will have a decent amount of allocations for 2023. I would start figuring that out as a contingency plan. Even if I lost PP. This whole ordeal is really for dealers that have more covp orders than allocations for the year.

Sponsored

AZsquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I just picked my Bronco up today, after a two year wait and the first words out of my salesman mouth are” man you just got this in time, Ford is cutting Sasquatch, hardtops and Lux package for 2023”. So looks like this is really happening. Feel bad for you guys that have been in this since the beginning.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been thinking about plan B all day. I already have a JL Rubicon that I was going to keep anyway. That can handle any off-roaring.

The Bronco was simply to be a fun toy with a removeable top that most likely wouldn’t leave the pavement. I wanted the Sasquatch package as much for the look as anything.

50/50 now I shop and pay a 10-15K adm. More likely I purchase a completely irrational toy (Shelby Cobra 427 replica) to reward myself for the pain & suffering I have absorbed waiting for this Bronco.

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Backup plan already in motion, just installed rock sliders on our Defender 110.

Not sure what we’ll do about the Bronco if true. 2 Door is mandatory for us, can’t fit the 4 door in the garage (only have one full length garage space, which the Defender occupies).

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switch to Badlands is really the best answer for most people.

Sasquatch package is wheels/tires/suspension/axle ratio/lockers. Badlands has the lockers already. Wheels/tires/suspension is relatively easy to replace. The only "hard" thing is the 4.70 axle ratio. But realistically a 4.46 ratio will be perfectly adequate on a 10-speed automatic unless you are going larger than 37" tires, which very few people will be doing. (And if you order the manual transmission you'll get a 4.70 axle ratio regardless.)

High package has all of the important features you could want. The only thing it lacks that I think most people would really want is adaptive cruise control and the B&O audio system. The other features I would hope are relatively minor "nice to haves" for most people. Sucks to lose the audio system, but audio is one of those things that can be upgraded aftermarket relatively easily. And in my personal opinion, no adaptive cruise control means that aftermarket upgrades (bumper/winch/lights/etc.) becomes significantly easier without having to worry about relocating the ACC sensor. That reason alone is why I personally would have ditched the Lux package a long time ago.

I have no good answers for the MIC top though--especially for the 2-door people. The soft top on the Bronco isn't terrible by any stretch, but if you don't want a soft top, then you don't want a soft top and there is nothing that can be done to change that. There are aftermarket options, but unlike wheels/tires/suspension/audio upgrades... all which can be had without spending a bucket of money... an aftermarket hardtop is a $6000+ investment.
All very good points. I spent the entire day thinking about this and what I might have to do next week. In talking to my dealer I believe I will be confronted with the question, so I better have an answer.

Here are my thoughts (for me):
I ordered BL-SAS-LUX-MIC-4Dr in EG
…..but in creating my build for my Overlanding purposes, I now have decided to completely replace the SAS suspension, wheels, tires, etc. In the year+ I spent following all the threads I learned to hate the Goodyear tires, so that’s an easy one. Going to 37s the +30 offset of the SAS wheels does not work well. I probably will have to upgrade to 4.7 gears at some point. I only upgraded to LUX cuz I had the opportunity and didn’t want to regret later, but in looking closely and reflecting, I really don’t need/want Adaptive Cruise, heated steering wheel is not important, and I’ve read that the B&O speakers are not that great. HIGH package is totally acceptable. My biggest stumbling block is soft top, but after reflecting and thoroughly understanding the Bestop soft top, I think it’s pretty nice and it might be fun to have the convertible. It does have challenges with my GOBI rack but nothing I can’t overcome. I do hope to buy a hard top in the future when I’m ready and prices are fair. All in all I think I have a contingent plan for when my dealer asks those dreaded questions next week. If things end up being worse than all the above and getting a decent Bronco disappears, I will buy a Tacoma and turn into a beast.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco really is just a toy. They get horrible gas mileage, and are not what I would call practical. We are all upset about not getting what we felt was promised to us, and I’m there with you. I won’t change my order and I’ll leave it up to Ford to tell me my money is no good to them. A 2012 Nissan GTR would be MY backup toy.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More likely I purchase a completely irrational toy (Shelby Cobra 427 replica) to reward myself for the pain & suffering I have absorbed waiting for this Bronco.
This... this is brilliant!

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got tired of waiting and "bought one off the lot" that wasn't what I wanted. I sold it a month later and bought a 23 Tundra. Tundra is good and I figured I'd hold onto it until my order comes around. If my order goes past the new 24 Tacoma (this fall), I'll probably grab one of those. If I don't like the Tacoma, I won't be surprised if the new 25 4Runner gets here before my Bronco order. I'm not ditching the MIC, 2.7, or tow package in my Black Diamond.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got tired of waiting and "bought one off the lot" that wasn't what I wanted. I sold it a month later and bought a 23 Tundra. Tundra is good and I figured I'd hold onto it until my order comes around. If my order goes past the new 24 Tacoma (this fall), I'll probably grab one of those. If I don't like the Tacoma, I won't be surprised if the new 25 4Runner gets here before my Bronco order. I'm not ditching the MIC, 2.7, or tow package in my Black Diamond.
At the moment you’re only being asked to potential ditch MIC. I wish we knew more or any details about MY24 Tacoma

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're not crawling BL non-SAS is money. Hell, I do a lot with a BD with just a rear locker and some BL c/o's. Anything MID+ is fine IMO. The MIC may be a dealbreaker in CO. I wouldn't do a softtop in inclement climates.

TRD would be my backup, Defender second but that is $$$. Keep Bronco res and get a TRD?
Sponsored