MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife had a similar situation w/ her Terrain and tried the same with a much different result...the truck fired right up so she figured the FOB was somewhere in the truck and off she went to the gas station. Turns out the FOB (and house key) was actually 8' feet away on a shelf in the garage. When she finished fueling up the FOB was now 2-3 n miles away in a locked house...there she was stranded at the pump. She was not happy...even less happy when she got home to retrieve the FOB only to realize she was locked-out.
If you made it to your destination and you were able to re-fire the FOB has to be in there somewhere!
If I would attempt that is my wife's Toyota's, you get both an audio and dash message telling you your key fob is no longer detected.
Sponsored

Moyer22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I need to know the ending to this lol. I don't think it's been said yet but maybe underneath the vehicle or in the yard? Like if you had it on your lap when you got out and it fell without you realizing. I'm new to the whole key fob deal so I'm super paranoid about it. Good luck.

Alexis England

Black Diamond
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford F350 dually 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had this happen the other day with the same kinds of feelings. Mine wound up being under my dog that was sleeping in the passenger seat. incidentally, the last place I looked. Good Luck!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It happened to me. Ended up underneath a water bottle in the cup holder.😳

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s always in the last place you look. Because if you found it and kept looking, that would definitely be on the insane side….

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$10 says that thing is in between the bottom and back of the driver seat. Just recline your seat back and you will find it there.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Went to a theme park yesterday and locked my fob in the Roomba. Came back to the car 4 hours later and used the code to unlock the door. Roomba stated "no key detected" even though I had the fob in my hand. Had to start the car with the passcode on the touchscreen. Worked fine going forward.

Strange behaviours.

🤔. Maybe you could always start the Bronco without the fob and just never tried it. It could still be in the house behind the bench.

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If OP still looking for that key 6 hours later, its not getting found... but im committed now! Watching

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It has a small range from the ignition. Probably between the seat rail and the center console
This happened to me, except in the attempt to retrieve it I somehow hit the panic button. It was quite the scene in the Food Lion parking lot! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.