Sponsored

Installing the Steel Bumper after the fact?

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The stock bumper looks like ass AND at $825 which includes upgraded bash plates, the MOD bumper is a BARGAIN!
Comes with the front plate, not all.

OP, I also ordered an OBX without them but have tracked down the MOD bumper and have the full plate kit on order. I like the Baja Designs fog pocket kit so much that I went for the MOD rather than aftermarket :)

Waiting for plate kit to come in stock and get delivered and then I'll be doing the full swap. Already got a second set of front tow hooks so I can chop them and keep a set intact. I'll let you know how it goes
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
LOL!

He is not asking for your location. He is asking the OP (original poster) for his location

I'm in KC. What are you asking for the mod bumper? Haven't got my WT yet......but ordered without mod bumper.

OP
OP
Markpf189

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious. Has your order been scheduled or built?

my Wildtrak has been scheduled but not built. I asked my dealer to add 2 items (door bags and engine block heater) and they did. No issues.

ask your dealer if you can mod bumper.
It Has a build date of 1/25. I thought once you have a VIN, you can’t change anything?

OP
OP
Markpf189

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Comes with the front plate, not all.

OP, I also ordered an OBX without them but have tracked down the MOD bumper and have the full plate kit on order. I like the Baja Designs fog pocket kit so much that I went for the MOD rather than aftermarket :)

Waiting for plate kit to come in stock and get delivered and then I'll be doing the full swap. Already got a second set of front tow hooks so I can chop them and keep a set intact. I'll let you know how it goes
I appreciate it. Interested to see how it goes!

lilkajun

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the models of the bronco that come with the standard bumper, the tow hooks are welded onto those brackets, which can't be unbolted and removed since they hold the intercooler on as well. someone else in the thread posted a diagram from a service manual that shows that.

Trying to find the original thread but search is failing me!'

Edit: Found the image!
1642000998250.png
You are correct. The tow hook is welded to the bracket. This can be also verified on Rough Country's Tow Hook Bracket install instructions.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
not true. Depending on the change, you can do it.

If you wanted to change TRIM or color then NO. But small some changes you can. I made 2 changes to my order but my dealership loves me. I would ask. It can't hurt to ask.

It Has a build date of 1/25. I thought once you have a VIN, you can’t change anything?

OP
OP
Markpf189

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
not true. Depending on the change, you can do it.

If you wanted to change TRIM or color then NO. But small some changes you can. I made 2 changes to my order but my dealership loves me. I would ask. It can't hurt to ask.
Wow this is the first I’ve heard of that. And you had a VIN # and build date scheduled?

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be interested as well. I'm in SoCal.
I'm in KC. What are you asking for the mod bumper? Haven't got my WT yet......but ordered without mod bumper.
I'm in the southeast. I'll take $250 but it's too heavy and bulky to ship. Let me know if you're ever on a road trip.

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes. I have a VIN and scheduled for 1/31 and then moved to 2/7.

Right after my dealer made the change last week, I saw it on my online account >> door bags and engine block heater

Ford Bronco Installing the Steel Bumper after the fact? 1642021429567

Wow this is the first I’ve heard of that. And you had a VIN # and build date scheduled?

Sponsored

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious. Has your order been scheduled or built?

my Wildtrak has been scheduled but not built. I asked my dealer to add 2 items (door bags and engine block heater) and they did. No issues.

ask your dealer if you can mod bumper.
Probably because both of these are installed after the initial build process. The door bags are shipped straight to your dealer and the block heater is installed right before shipping, but can also be installed by the dealer.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Maybe! BUT I can tell you that it can be done. I have bought 3 Raptors from this dealership and now a bronco and my salesman has always said, yes changes can be made after one gets the VIN. I never tried it til now.

And I am ordering a warthog from them also. BTW I send my salesman and his family gourmet chocolates every x-mas and he tells me everything.

:)

Probably because both of these are installed after the initial build process. The door bags are shipped straight to your dealer and the block heater is installed right before shipping, but can also be installed by the dealer.

Justin Clearlake

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Full Size WildTrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in the southeast. I'll take $250 but it's too heavy and bulky to ship. Let me know if you're ever on a road trip.

how much to ship your steel bumper to West Coast?

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not going to try to package it safely for shipping. It's very heavy! It's very bulky!

Blaine23

Big Bend
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm St Louis and travel down through SE pretty regularly. I'd definitely be interested in taking it off your hands for $250.
Sponsored