Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that it will probably be this week as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed ?
Big party reveal of Build and Price on the last day of the shindig? That'd be cool. A mobile video game truck pulled up all with an event-only Build and Price? That'd show me. It'd be weird, but that's the modern age we live in.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Without saying too much, the main delay in getting B&P up and running has been getting as many accessories built into to both visual renderings and pricing as possible.

This week.
Too much? You havenā€™t said enough.;)

Ford Bronco Interesting Thought on Release, B&P, and Launch/Production 3786D07C-B07B-41EB-A423-B6B857B2932D

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree that it will probably be this week as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed ?
I hope so, but I will not be holding my breath.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Big party reveal of Build and Price on the last day of the shindig? That'd be cool. A mobile video game truck pulled up all with an event-only Build and Price? That'd show me. It'd be weird, but that's the modern age we live in.
I'm thinking tomorrow morning or Wednesday to go along with the 1st day of the event. It will be an event kickoff but that's just my guess.

Sponsored

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Without saying too much, the main delay in getting B&P up and running has been getting as many accessories built into to both visual renderings and pricing as possible.

This week.
Did they get those bugs worked out?

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would there have been any reason to delay B&P to see how competitors were going to respond to the Bronco announcement? Waiting to perhaps decide how competitively to price options and accessories?

It's not a direct comparison but Sony and Microsoft seem to be holding off on announcing pricing for the PS5 and the XBOX Series X gaming consoles and it seems they are each waiting for other to make the first move.
Those 2 are even worse than Ford! Releasing consoles in less than 2 months and you canā€™t even pre-order them and nobody knows the price? What the hell?

Then youā€™ve got Sony doing a pre-order raffle?!?! What on earth is that! Can you imagine if Ford said, ā€œThanks for your interest in the Bronco but we can only make 50K, so 50K lucky people will get the chance to buy one later this year if we pull your name and this only applies if you currently own a Ford.ā€

Unreal.

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ Honda Accord, 18ā€™ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This week.
Ford Bronco Interesting Thought on Release, B&P, and Launch/Production 1599525514420

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ā€œ3. Basically to sum things up, I believe Ford's plan has always been to have at least a year between reveal of the Bronco and delivery of the Broncos, with Build and Price and ordering falling at specific dates somewhere in between in order to keep a steady dose of hype.ā€

So much this.

Big picture: Ford deleted all their car lines and is now all-in on SUVā€™s & Pickups only. Thatā€™s such a big shift & takes such a long time to change internally things got stale & the CEO was hoisted on a pitchfork and tossed to the wolves. Also, Bronco family adds several flavors to assembly plants that already are decently busy with key products meaning if you add a ton of new orders you may be able to maintain the coveted 95+% production capacity.

Thus, my alternate theory: Ford wants to create a situation where the vast majority of vehicles are purchased ahead of time through dealer orders rather than building to dealer specs, much like Toyota does. Toyota excels at executing this and itā€™s a big help in being profitable for all concerned.

The only way to generate a large enough demand to kick-start such a system is to give buyers a long lead time before production starts so they can conceivably have enough orders to utilize all of the assembly plants capacity for the coming year. Sure, diehards order on day one, but everyone else needs time to think about it. Having multiple meet & greet events leading up to the start of orders that each will generate a ton of YouTube ā€˜reviewsā€™ will help the buyers on the sidelines to make the jump.

If there are enough orders in the month of December for Ford to say that there is a 6-8 month wait time for every order after, that will be a big help to them to keep this ā€˜order trainā€™ going into 2022.

In any case, stay clean & keep it classy everyone.

Ford Bronco Interesting Thought on Release, B&P, and Launch/Production 17580C0E-C64A-4FD8-B54F-6046D9544EF4

bronco38

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This week.

Thanks for the info - This is a valid reason for delay. Not sure if any other automotive company in history has released a vehicle with 200+ accessories that you can purchase and finance with your order.

On top of this Ford has to finalize contracts/logistics with these vendors AND collect/test all 3D Models with the B&P tool - talk about a web of complexity...

Not an excuse but certainly a challenge.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model