First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 AT4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22 Wildtrak ready to go over 100,000 miles. Trade in value fell off a cliff, costs too much to trade and interest rates are high. Positive is this thing runs as good today as brand new. Only thing that’s been done is new tires. Question is, what’s the life expectancy of the 2.7 and transmission? Any other big things that can happen? I’m seriously thinking best thing financially is keep driving which is good until repairs become common. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 2015 F150 with the 2.7. I sold it with 306K plus on it. Ran great no issues. I started to have an oil leak around 280K. It was the pan gasket. I sold it with the oil leak cause a quart between oil changes is not enough to warrant it to be changed.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For years I used to buy high end well maintained vehicles (you can tell) with over 100k miles and ran some of them well past 300 with only minor issues. I’d like to think that’s still possible on some vehicles, but they are way more complicated now than back then. I hope to hear about your 300k mile Bronco in a few years! I plan to keep mine forever.

Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22 Wildtrak ready to go over 100,000 miles. Trade in value fell off a cliff, costs too much to trade and interest rates are high. Positive is this thing runs as good today as brand new. Only thing that’s been done is new tires. Question is, what’s the life expectancy of the 2.7 and transmission? Any other big things that can happen? I’m seriously thinking best thing financially is keep driving which is good until repairs become common. Thoughts?
We use these engines in F-150’s for work and they run for hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles. We break them in gently and change the oil early and often. If they were treated differently I’m sure our results might vary.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say you're good for 300k, as soon as you trade it in for an old 4 Runner or Tacoma.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@mpeugeot has got to be close to that by now….

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am only at 92k-ish miles on my Bronco, but it runs like new; however KBB says that it's worth less than $24k. I am getting ready to install a new suspension system and larger tires just because I can... Not because it's worn out. A mechanic friend drove it today and was remarking on how great it was driving... Not noticing the mileage during the drive... As he was turning off the Bronco, he about shit himself when he finally saw the mileage. It honestly rides like new.

My 2011 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost is at 250k+ miles and still runs awesome (although I do have to replace the transmission lead frame - a known defective part in the 6R80 transmission). Once replaced, I have little doubt that this engine and transmission will just keep running with minimal intervention. If you keep on top of the maintenance and don't push power levels to the max, you can run the piss out of these Ecoboost motors and accompanying transmissions.

Watch this:

Yes, it's a marketing video above, but it tracks with my personal experience. This is not a Ford sponsored video, and it's also not unusual even with a 1st gen Ecoboost.

It’s pretty crazy how tough it is.

Last edited:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks Mark for the info and your personal experience.

I'm coming to my Bronco, a 2.3 manual, from a 2002 Tacoma TRD 4WD V6 manual, that I owned since 2006, it was a low miles off lease CPO (half the price of new with a better warranty) with only 40,043 miles on it, and I had no problems for 10 years and I added almost 200k of well used miles.

I only hope my Bronco can handle half of the hard use, I did a fair amount of towing and loads up a mountain towards the end. The Toyota spent it's last five years in the mountains doing hard labor... And fun.

I don't do that type of labor or that type of hauling or towing, nor do I live in the mountains anymore, so I only need the Bronco to come through on the fun side; getting out of the city for fun.

With all of the negative posts getting all the clicks, I'm using you guys (including Craig making 100k) as my inspiration to believe in my Bronco.

If I can make a 100K miles of fun & memories with no problems, that'll be great. Plus other use of course.

We break them in gently and change the oil early and often.
I bought 9 dealer synthetic oil changes w/ tire rotation and inspections for $295 when I bought it and I've been changing the oil early and often; taking advantage of the dealer services during the Bronco's early years. I think I only have three years to use them, so might as well use them early.

Sponsored

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can only imagine 300k. Work out of my house semi-retired and not a big traveler except one trip a year. So with several vehicles getting 3k a year or so each, they die way (way) before 300k. Cars wear not driving a lot in many ways. Anything rubber/plastic dries out or cracks with time. My tires go from dry rot well before mileage wear. I actually keep an eye out for good used ones, but hard to find a good even set.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like reading these posts noting high miles and relatively no issues. I typically trade vehicles so often my highest mileage vehicle ever was a new Ford Escape with 85K and no issues. I drive gently and take really, really good care of all of them. I typically trade before 30K. The Bronco is an exception. I plan to just keep it into retirement. (Can't afford a vehicle ever again in retirement- even working in retirement will be a struggle for insurance and gas). And if I can get 100K plus trouble free miles I will be super happy!

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think @Chase Gentry was close to 100k on his first Bronco.

I'm just barely rolling over 31k lol

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much like the OP... i drive my bronco everywhere, been from ohio to florida and back twice, ohio to western wisonsin and back twice, and ohio to Cali with a drive down old route 50 from missouri to new mexico with a a weekend stop in Moab then on to Cali for a week, and back. currently at 37k on my 2023 badlands. Just installed the eibach stage 2 kit and 37's this week(still had 35% tread on factory goodyears). im not overly concerned with miles to be honest, when i bought my bronco i had already told myself this is my forever vehicle, i love it that much. I religiously keep up on maintenance and can say that its been a very trouble free vehicle.
Sponsored