Sponsored

Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway?

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See...THAT'S what the f*** I'm talking about! Substitute the Sasquatch tires with the stock 33-inch tires with the upgraded wheels and you have my dream machine.
I'm in the same boat and agree that 33's would be more than sufficient. But in the end life is short. Go big! OBX w/SAS it will be for me.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just me getting a 4x4 is indulgent. Yes, I'd use it to drive on the beach and some trails but nothing that couldn't be done in my Subaru more than likely. I'm getting a base I think and will be happy with that, though I see your point and wish it had at least one locker. I'll likely put Torsens or another LSD in it after the warranty expires.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From the time I decided to purchase a Bronco, I was dead set on buying a Big Bend. I knew I would never need a Sasquatch or any of the other higher trim models because I never planned on doing any serious off-roading. I was pretty confident that the Big Bend would handle anything I threw at it. If I was able to order my Bronco about three weeks ago, I would've likely settled on the Big Bend and called it a day.

But..the more time that passes, the more I keep thinking about how major of a purchase this is and if I'm going to spend all of this money, do I really want to look back and wish I would've added an accessory here or a package there? So...I started thinking about the Black Diamond. But, the lack of signature LED lighting and High/Lux package availability soon led me to the Outer Banks. While the Outer Banks allows me to get all of the gadgets I'd like along with the signature lighting, I don't like the way the interior, fenders, and stock tires look. Getting a Wildtrack is out of the question because I know for a fact that I will never need a Sasquatch...no matter how badass it looks. All of this leads me to the Badlands.

I've configured a Badlands on B&P that ticks off every single thing on my wishlist. I have my Lux package features, 2.7 engine, 4A, MGV, washout floors...and it looks dope as hell. I'm even leaning heavily on getting a 2-door even though I still have my family to think about. But, I can't shake the feeling that if I pull the trigger, I might be wasting money on things I may never need (ex: front locker, sway bar disconnect, bash plate, etc.), or I may regret not getting a 4-door for the space. I know that I need to ignore being sensible and just buy what I want. I just wanna know if anyone else is in a similar boat. I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.
I'm with you. This is such a big purchase, I don't want to regret not getting an option. I know there's aftermarket in the future, but I need (want) it now.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you in my brain?

I went Wildtrak initially, then down to a Big Bend, to an OBX, and finally to the Badlands.

I'll be paying for some stuff I won't need, but maybe I'll grow into it!

And the idea of 33s over stock is great.
In my experience of the 2 years in automotive sales. I have found that the desired vehicles are "typically" a little more expensive than a customer initially planned. I sold myself on the Badlands, which I know will equal a $700 a mo. payment. Just on the fact of not "wishing" I would have done this or that in making it more affordable, lowering a payment by maybe $50-$100 a month. When I can budget better, like on fast food lol. Go with the Badlands, your wallet may not thank you, but your long term happiness may lol
Chalk it up as better resale value!!!!

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We don't have any needs. My wife believes she needs 4x4, but she has never gotten her FWD Milan stuck in snow.

We certainly have wants and can afford those wants, so in a year there will be a shiny Bronco in our driveway. My lowered Flex will be doing more offroading than her Bronco.

Sponsored

ozzman469

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking at the Badlands. It will be overkill for my daily use, but when the weekend comes it’ll be just enough

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first reservation was for a 4 door Badlands 7mt, but since Mansquatch will be available, my new reservation is for a 2 Door Basemansquatch. Total overkill for mostly beach driving but it’s just as capable for $15k less. Even though Squatch is overkill, it’s such A bargain, why not?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Literally all of us are buying a Bronco and it’s overkill for daily use. There is no such thing as daily life that requires a Bronco’s capabilities. I buy what I want because I like it and because when/if I ever need the extra capability it’s there.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am in a similar boat. My build is $55k. I drive 80 highway miles Monday-Friday. I am going to spend $50-60k on something, and I have wondered whether the bronco is the best vehicle in this price range for what I need to do. My wife has a newer navigator, and I have a 2018 traverse. I have hated the traverse since buying it. I am in construction, but don’t haul materials or tools. I have a really narrow window of vehicles I can drive. Fun, capable, domestic, not too expensive. At this point, I am planning on ordering, but still find myself looking at other vehicles.
I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm getting a Ranger with FX4 package.

Sponsored

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I knew that whichever Bronco I went with, it was getting the Sasquatch package...Which is complete and utter overkill for this thing being my daily driver...I pondered going stock, but, then I opted for what would make me happiest, and embraced the overkill.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, I knew that whichever Bronco I went with, it was getting the Sasquatch package...Which is complete and utter overkill for this thing being my daily driver...I pondered going stock, but, then I opted for what would make me happiest, and embraced the overkill.
We should try and get #EmbraceTheOverkill trending on Twitter. ?

Hard Learner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150 XL Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting a loaded Bronco because I've always wanted one. Never really off-roaded besides fields, always wanted to but nowhere to go besides ATV trails around me. Have been trying to find trails to start off-roading once I get a Bronco.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes!!!!

I am conflicted though. I tend to be too sensible. But damn I'm 51 and have been doing the smart thing for way too long. I'm going BL. I need the the one I can do most anything with straight out of the box. Maybe it makes me expand my horizons which would we good right about now.
Sponsored